Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned again for being a jizzmop, oh well! Gold Poster

Default Behind The Scenes

We just had our GLBT Pride celebration in Minneapolis this past weekend, and due to my job and where I work, I was once again directly in the middle of the whole thing. First off I realize most people on this forum have no interest in what is commonly known as "Gay Pride", and I don't blame them. Gay men, lesbians, and the whole drag/cross dressing thing really holds no interest for me. I have nothing against it, but I'm strictly interested in girls. I'm also curious how long the various "non-straight" factions will continue to be associated together. Gay guys and lesbians have very little fondness for each other, bi-sexual people don't generally consider themselves a "community" as far as I've seen. It's all just a bit strange. . .

But in case anyone was curious as to how things go on the engineering level, here ya go. My job for many years was to set-up then tear down the sound system on our float in the big parade. And it's a big fricken parade. I've heard it's the third largest in the country, and hundreds of thousands of people show up. Our club was always the grand finale at the end, which might sound like fun but it never was. Being last means you have to sit under the hot sun, waiting for the hundred plus other guys to get moving, while homosexual men in leather chaps, speedos, and other assorted bizarre costumes dance and leap around projecting auras of ultra gayitude. It sucked.

Fortunately the last two years we've opted out of doing a float, so my job got even easier. At least last year. Last year I just sat at the doors going into our main bar and told people it was closed until 4pm, so that wasn't too bad. This year the owner actually put some extra security people on the early shift so I figured I wouldn't have to do anything. I was wrong. I tried hiding out in my workshop playing around with some new lights, but the owner was in a bossy mood and deceided to make my day hell.

Fist I had to run to the store and get extra bottled water and cranberry juice. I get back and the kitchen is serving a special sunday breakfast, so I figure I'll just slip upstairs unnoticed and work with the lights some more, or go hide out and jerk off or something. No such luck. We have extra security, but no dishwashers. The owner catches me again, suddenly I'm grumbling under my breath, wearing one of those ridiculous white jackets, manning the dish washing machine. I did make a point of informing every person who entered the kitchen just how much, in my opinion, dishwashing sucks.

So then I get done with that indignity, and the owners son (who's a daytime manager as well, good guy) tells me we've both been tasked with icing ALL the bars in the place, so the ice machines can make more ice in time for when the bar backs arrive. This really sucked. Hauling bucket after fuckin bucket of ice all over this huge nightclub, filling all the bins in 6 different bars. And I don't mean just little bar areas, I'm talking the equivalent of 6 completely seperate full size bars. I don't generally enjoy lifting heavy objects at all if I can avoid it, so this was a major pain.

After that I guess things kinda calmed down. I got to see some of the parade, and it was as silly as usual. Some of the floats cracked me up as always. I mean, why is the National Communist Party League in a gay pride parade? I guess why not, but I just don't get the appeal of a parade in general. I did leave work early and checked out the park again, then made my way Uptown for happy hour with two of my sisters, and that was pretty much it.

I suppose this wasn't so much as "behind the scenes" as it was "rambling on about a lame day at work", but that's democracy for ya. I just post this stuff in case anyone is interested in reading something different from the majority of the "bulges and filled underwear" picture related posts, and it's a good way for me to warm up. I'm not sure what I'm going to work on next, but I feel like doing some further writing today.

Platinum Poster

riveting stuff...do us all a favor, buy a fuckin diary and STFU already...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drivel_244.jpg 
Views:	3578 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	49610   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the_life_of_a_fish_178.gif 
Views:	3571 
Size:	105.5 KB 
ID:	49611  

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

5 Star Poster

hey chefmike, why don't YOU shut the fuck up? This board was a lot cooler before you were here....and how many fucking posts do I see under your name? Almost as many as Allanah's and Seanchai's PUT TOGETHER. And they're in the business. Do you do anything besides cook and live your life on this board? Maybe if you spent a little more time outside you wouldn't be such an asshole.

EDIT FOR POSTERITY: This thread was my introduction to Chefmike...I cluelessly backed the wrong horse here. What was it Al Pacino says in Glengarry Glenn Ross? "Never open your mouth until you know what the shot is."
    Later we bonded over our mutual love of antagonizing Honda...

He probably doesn't even really know the "masculine" fundamentals of cooking. He's just a weirdo that want's attention.

Ignore him and he'll go away. Just another loser.

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by suckseed
    hey chefmike, why don't YOU shut the fuck up? This board was a lot cooler before you were here....and how many fucking posts do I see under your name? Almost as many as Allanah's and Seanchai's PUT TOGETHER. And they're in the business. Do you do anything besides cook and live your life on this board? Maybe if you spent a little more time outside you wouldn't be such an asshole.
    LMAO...Do you want a biscuit , suckboy?

Name:	1mixed_dog_biscuits_973.jpg 
Views:	3493 
Size:	17.8 KB 
ID:	49616  

Awesome. You couldn't even wait a full minute to respond.

Good toy. I'll have more fun with you later.

So stupid.

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by hondarobot
    He probably doesn't even really know the "masculine" fundamentals of cooking. He's just a weirdo that want's attention.

Ignore him and he'll go away. Just another loser.
    LMAO...here's a dipshit who has posted about being "a woman in a man's body who doesn't want to be a TS" talking about being masculine...I wouldn't allow you to wash dishes in my bistro...but maybe we could put a skirt on you and let you bus tables, nancydumbbot...

5 Star Poster

There's usually two kinds of guys behind the line at a restaurant. They're both pretty tough and capable - you have to be to survive the pressure. The first kind is usually doing his job and not saying much - if he's had a shitty shift he'll most likely keep it to himself. The second guy blows up at the new servers, lets everyone know if the last shift didn't prep something, and basically changes the whole vibe of the kitchen on the nights he's working.
    Which type do you suppose 'chef' mike is? This urge to constantly put people down is patently a result of feeling less than satisfied with his own life.
    'Chef' mike, haven't you figured out by now than when you're an adult, people tend to associate the negative things you say about others with you?
    It's pretty basic actually.

Name:	badchef_153.jpg 
Views:	3403 
Size:	8.2 KB 
ID:	49617  

hehe, thanks suckseed, but I'm kinda wanting to keep this loser on the hook for awhile.

It doesn't matter if he knows what going on, just let me work on him for awhile. I really don't like this guy.

5 Star Poster

the only reason I'm talking to this guy this time is because I happened to be on when this topic came up. If people disagree and get pissed off, whatever, it's a forum. But when somebody goes out of their way to be a dick for no reason....and seeing the number of times this 'man' has insulted the girls, it just pisses me off. We have this little place where we come to check out, talk about, and possibly talk to a shemale, ts, pick your term. Newsflash: being interested in girls with cocks ain't 100% straight. But Frycook Mikie has to sling the homo shit around like he's The Most Hetero Man Ever To Walk The Earth. What would your fellow employees say about your little hobby, Mikie?
    You hypocritical, unpleasant little asswipe. Did you ever put Mommy's lipstick on when you were a boy? Are you all knotted up inside about your sexuality?
    Well, here's my advice.
    1. Eat Shit.
    2. Die.