Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Senior Member Platinum Poster nysprod's Avatar

Default Re: how is this racist?

Quote Originally Posted by RallyCola View Post
    so i was just accused of being racist because i said eryn sky and kourtney dash look almost identical to me. the response was..."oh so you are saying all black people look alike...that's fucking racist"

that's not what i meant at all. don't you guys agree that they are really quite similar? save for the tats and penile coloration, i'd have a hard time ID'ing them since things like hair color/length are so transient.
    Not saying you're racist but the post is problematic on several levels:

1. You're white (or at least your avatar is) and the girls aren't.

2. Saying they look "almost identical" implies that you as a white guy can't tell two black girls apart...perhaps a better choice of words might have been something along the lines of "these girls could be sisters," which anyone would be hard pressed to deny.

3. Since one has a tat (and a noticeably bigger dick), it's actually easy to tell them apart.

4. What's the point of saying they look alike in the first place?

Still, there definitely is a level of over-sensitivity out there, so choose wisely.

0 out of 4 members liked this post.
    Phone keys gum condoms lube...I don’t want to be normal.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

About as racist as people who can't tell the difference between Robert DeNiro and Harvey Keitel...
    All I see here are two old white dudes. I can't tell one from the other, and I got 20/80 vision without my glasses.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2092.JPG 
Views:	216 
Size:	112.8 KB 
ID:	705831  

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    All I see here are two old white dudes. I can't tell one from the other, and I got 20/80 vision without my glasses.
    I wish those two would work together again. I really like Mean Streets and Taxi Driver. What other films did they appear in together? Trivia Time...

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

I believe this is them in Expendables.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sylvester-Stallone-hugs-actor-Bruce-Willis-2006-2136010.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	37.3 KB 
ID:	705832  

2 out of 2 members liked this post.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    I believe this is them in Expendables.
    I was thinking Copland but I forgot about Expendables. Good one.

Senior Member Veteran Poster $$$Bill's Avatar

Falling in love

Senior Member Silver Poster

This clip might be a tad racist, but it does have some movie reviews

World Class Asshole

Professional Poster lifeisfiction's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nysprod View Post

2. Saying they look "almost identical" implies that you as a white guy can't tell two black girls apart...perhaps a better choice of words might have been something along the lines of "these girls could be sisters," which anyone would be hard pressed to deny.

3. Since one has a tat (and a noticeably bigger dick), it's actually easy to tell them apart.

Still, there definitely is a level of over-sensitivity out there, so choose wisely.
    I remember Grooby a while back had to explain that they were different girls. I it is not easy to tell unless they are side by side. Or if you have good memory. I don't think calling them identical is racist. I am black, I don't see it in this case as problem. If had said they were sisters I am sure he probably would have gotten more slack. Society has become way too oversensitive for me these days.

Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by nysprod View Post

1. his avatar shows a white person and the girls aren't white: that's actually a problem?

2). you acknowledge that they looks like they could be related, but one cannot say they look "almost identical"? are we allowed to say "they looks almost a like" or is that racist too?

3. what if they had their clothes on and we couldn't see their dicks. or what if we were just to consider their faces: since i don't think even twins have similar penis sizes.

4. if someone thinks two people look similar, it's not good to point this out? what can and can we not say then?

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by bluesoul View Post
    4. if someone thinks two people look similar, it's not good to point this out? what can and can we not say then?
    It doesn't apply in this case but if you say two black people look alike and they don't at all (even considering that there's some subjectivity involved) it might indicate that you have a part of your mind where you process faces in a crude and associative manner. Like for instance if you say that a slightly heavy set black guy reminds you of George Foreman. Or that you always get Chris Rock and Dave Chappelle confused.

It's not the most malicious thing in the world, but people being people, they may have some sense of how you have processed the information. Instead of remembering the faces and a range of relevant info, you may have a tiny folder in your brain for "funny black man" or something.

Anyhow, people aren't perfect and I think there should generally be some slack on this...as the ability to acutely identify faces has been shown to be more difficult across racial lines (so it's not just white people who make mistakes).