The original thread is closed/locked, but in reading through the thread I find myself compelled to reply, albeit late, to this:

Quote Originally Posted by GroobyKrissy
A. I would think you had better expand your vocabulary since "gook" is typically referring to Filipinos or Vietnamese and "chink" is in reference to Chinese. I am Korean.

Look, Miranda, you are taking things to the extreme and also making an argument that I've never made. I'm not arguing "cool" or "acceptable" or "appropriate".

I'm arguing against this academic notion that a word carries so much power that using it is inherently a "crime" against a community. That is what Bella's post implies and why I came back into the conversation.
--
The first time I ever heard the word "gook" used was on the television show *M*A*S*H* when a bigoted white character used it to describe one of the locals. And MASH wasn't set in Vietnam or SW Asia. It was actually a series set in the Korean War.

That's some deep ass irony if what Krissy says is true, that it's atypical in use against Koreans.

Anyway, in that same thread tsmirandameadows said adios, which I must have missed earlier. Hope she does well, wherever she goes.