Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Default Pizza Hut vs Domino's

I haven't had either for a long time but am craving pizza that's not DiGiorno or Freschetta. I always assumed Pizza Hut was better but the online reviews of the local stores are laughably bad.

Melvy S from Palms said this:
    Awful, just plain terrible. I order online from time to time out of convenience & I cannot stress how bad this location fails at delivering a decent representation of what was ordered EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Tonight was the worst. Personal pan cheese lovers pizza w/ extra sauce was ordered, a box containing the remnants of a cheese pizza under a can of Alfredo sauce was received. The 711 around the corner is Spago compared to these clowns.

Senior Member Junior Poster Tina Francis's Avatar

Default Re: Pizza Hut vs Domino's

OMFG!!! That is the most hideous pile of shit ever!! I'm somewhat inclined to not believe it really occured. My one and only visit to the Pizza Hut on SM Blvd. and Berkeley is prolly the most depressing dining experience i've ever encountered. Food was either overcooked or not done at all (bloody pink fried chicken) and the clientele all looked like escapees from Atascadero, especially the one who started doing push-up's mid-meal.

Dino, try Di Vita's on Wilshire southside, just west of Westgate. A little hole in the wall with very little parking. I haven't been there in years and i'm tired of Papa Johns. The place has been there for maybe 30 years so they are probably still doing it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Tina Francis View Post
    OMFG!!! That is the most hideous pile of shit ever!! I'm somewhat inclined to not believe it really occured. My one and only visit to the Pizza Hut on SM Blvd. and Berkeley is prolly the most depressing dining experience i've ever encountered. Food was either overcooked or not done at all (bloody pink fried chicken) and the clientele all looked like escapees from Atascadero, especially the one who started doing push-up's mid-meal.
    This is your Pizza Hut. http://www.yelp.com/biz/pizza-hut-los-angeles-25

Stace G from Los Angeles is a bit of a masochist apparently and this is what she said. I bet she goes there for the next 25 years too. Must have a lot to atone for. Reminds me of the Popeye's on Santa Monica/26th that angered me by closing even though afterward I found out it was because of health code violations. Now I gotta go on safari to mau-mau land if I want to enjoy some spicy chicken. Going to the shithole in Santa Monica was less risk to my health.

I've been going here for 25 years off and on... mostly off. They always disappoint. I keep giving them a chance due to deals they may have, but uuuugggghhhh. They are horrible. My final order (I will never go back again) was cold as a stone, took an hour to get (I'm 4 blocks away) and one pizza wasn't what I ordered. My son and I couldn't even eat much of it, it was so bad. Waste of $25 as I toss it in the trash.

I completely and utterly recommend you stay away from this place. 100 thumbs down. They should just close their doors, because after 25 years you can't get it right, then perhaps you should give up. Take a lesson from Dominos revamp buttheads.

And that store has been open FOREVER...

Quote Originally Posted by Tina Francis View Post
    Dino, try Di Vita's on Wilshire southside, just west of Westgate. A little hole in the wall with very little parking. I haven't been there in years and i'm tired of Papa Johns. The place has been there for maybe 30 years so they are probably still doing it right.
    Papa John's is terrible. Papa John himself is weird on TV never seemingly to know how to face a camera properly. Peyton Manning is Robert DeNiro in comparison.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Junior Poster NightmareX0666's Avatar

If it came down to the two of them, I would have to take Pizza Hut. Domino's pizza has the garlic crust...I really hate garlic, so even with me asking them to take the garlic off I could taste it. To me Domino's is a small step up from Little Caesars...

I prefer Papa Johns...plus sometimes I can get some killer coupon codes (they used to have a 50% off the regular price for pizza and they do not charge extra like Pizza Hut for extra cheese).

(Just saw your post about Papa Johns...nevermind on that one).

Senior Member Junior Poster luvs2lick1385's Avatar

White Bread with ketchup and american cheese is better than Pizza Hut, Domino's or Papa John's.
    I am a born and bred New Yorker so pizza is my life.
    I only go to local mom and pop pizza joints.
    In my opinion, the BEST pizza in NY is either New Park Pizza on Cross Bay Blvd in Howard Beach or Patsy's on 1st Ave and 117st in east Harlem.

"Knowledge is good" Emil Faber

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?" Senator John "Bluto" Blutarsky

I hate to sound like a New York snob but the national chains are really pathetic compared to even mediocre local places here. Our new mayor took a lot of heat recently when caught eating our home grown product with a knife and fork but the scrutiny missed the much larger issue..... Authentic pizza is a food group that must only be sold by the slice. An entire pie is, by definition, bogus.
    it's not even a real pie.

Quote Originally Posted by flabbybody View Post
    I hate to sound like a New York snob
    No worries. You're always nice about things. I gotta go back there sometime and get a slice of pizza. I'll try the hot dogs and Chinese Food too.