Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Professional Poster runningdownthatdream's Avatar

Default Re: Going to Thailand -- Need Advice

Quote Originally Posted by qwertz10001 View Post
    it sucks that Nana is so far from the touristy area in bangkok...i am going there to hopefully do both and was really hoping the areas would be close to each other. i am planning on staying near khao san road -- do you think thats too far to bring girls back from Nana? dont mind paying the cab fare just want to make sure that they will be willing to come back that far.
    If you are a pretentious nob interested in hanging out with other pretentious nobs in a filthy, overcrowded, extremely loud ghetto surrounded by other equally pretentious foreigners then definitely stay in Khao San Rd area. If you have an iota of class, you'd avoid it though. Someone recommended Dynasty Grande - you should stay there if you can afford the roughly USD60/night. Unlikely you'd have problems taking girls back there.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Senior Member Junior Poster

I can second that the Dynasty Grande is great and ladyboy friendly. Great room and very secure and safe. For your protection, your "guest" must leave their ID at the front desk before going up to your room. Might feel a little awkward, but who gives a shit? They know what you're there for.

The Koh San Road area is more of a backpacker low end choice with lots of hostels.
    Agree with RDTD as far as it being crowded and sort of noisy and dirty.
    Don't know what your budget will allow ,but its going to be a hassle trying to bring a bar girl back to a hostel.
    Do yourself a favor and get a cheap ,bar girl friendly hotel in the Sukhumvit Road area between Soi 4 and Soi 24.

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by runningdownthatdream View Post
    If you are a pretentious nob interested in hanging out with other pretentious nobs in a filthy, overcrowded, extremely loud ghetto surrounded by other equally pretentious foreigners then definitely stay in Khao San Rd area. If you have an iota of class, you'd avoid it though. Someone recommended Dynasty Grande - you should stay there if you can afford the roughly USD60/night. Unlikely you'd have problems taking girls back there.
    well i dont consider myself a pretentious nob but i do like meeting other travelers when i go to a new country. its always great to meet ppl from around the world and in my experience ppl ive met in my travels havent been pretentious at all. this is actually one of my favorite parts about traveling. maybe i can find something in between? a place thats still pretty close to the touristy sites (but without the pretentious nobs) as well as Nana? hmm i need to look around a little bit more before i book a place.

Professional Poster runningdownthatdream's Avatar

well i dont consider myself a pretentious nob but i do like meeting other travelers when i go to a new country. its always great to meet ppl from around the world and in my experience ppl ive met in my travels havent been pretentious at all. this is actually one of my favorite parts about traveling. maybe i can find something in between? a place thats still pretty close to the touristy sites (but without the pretentious nobs) as well as Nana? hmm i need to look around a little bit more before i book a place.
    Sorry my post probbaly came across harsh and obnoxious

It's because i just found Khao San road to be as I described. 50yrs olds trying to behave like 18yr olds, lots of fake rastas, drunken teenagers vomiting in the street and looking for fights, a lot of people looking like they spent hours watching the 1969 Woodstock Festival on film and now doing their best to imitate it while trying to hide they're likely working some soulless corporate job in some western shithole. I like meeting people from around the world but an asshole is an asshole no matter what country he/she is from. I really hate those people that leave their own country to go to someone else's country to behave like a prick.

Worldwide Tranny Hunter Rookie Poster
    Somewhere about 30000 ft above the earth.

I agree with RDTD Khao San road is worth a visit on a weekend if you want to party, however it is full of backpacker types. I have always laughed at how all backpackers think they are living some Jack Kerouac non conformist dream, but they all look and dress alike. They are some of the most conforming stereotypical people you will see when you travel in Asia.

That being said (off my high horse). I love Bangkok. It is a bustling city with great restaurants and nightlife. It has many daytime activities as well.

Pattaya to me is a den of inequity. A pensioners dream. Not much value unless all you want is cheap sex. If you have the means Bangkok or Phuket are your best bet.

Travel smart! Hide anything of value in your room, only take as much money as you want to spend when you walk around. Watch your drinks, and your bill. On a rare occasion either could be spiked. It is best to pay as you drink if you are new. The best protection advice I can give is take a few rubber bands with you and a card case style wallet. Put one card in it with your cash and rubber band it. Keep it in your front pocket! The rubber band will pull on your pocket and warn you if you are being pick pocketed.

Take a photo of your passport and keep it in your bag, I also email it to my self. It is technically a law that all foreigners must carry their passport with them in Thailand. Make a smaller copy of your photo page reduce it to wallet size. Laminate it and carry that with you. If you are gong to be drinking heavily grab a business card from your hotel lobby and keep it with you, you can show it to the taxi driver to get home.

Frank

I am the webmaster and photographer for www.franks-tgirlworld.com

Its khao san rd that is miles aqay not nana.

it sucks that Nana is so far from the touristy area in bangkok...i am going there to hopefully do both and was really hoping the areas would be close to each other. i am planning on staying near khao san road -- do you think thats too far to bring girls back from Nana? dont mind paying the cab fare just want to make sure that they will be willing to come back that far.

Senior Member Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by runningdownthatdream View Post
    Sorry my post probbaly came across harsh and obnoxious

It's because i just found Khao San road to be as I described. 50yrs olds trying to behave like 18yr olds, lots of fake rastas, drunken teenagers vomiting in the street and looking for fights, a lot of people looking like they spent hours watching the 1969 Woodstock Festival on film and now doing their best to imitate it while trying to hide they're likely working some soulless corporate job in some western shithole. I like meeting people from around the world but an asshole is an asshole no matter what country he/she is from. I really hate those people that leave their own country to go to someone else's country to behave like a prick.
    I thought to be pretentious you splash out to impress others and stay in expensive places. San Khao is a dive of a place so how can anyone be pretentious there?

Worldwide Tranny Hunter Rookie Poster
    Somewhere about 30000 ft above the earth.

pre·ten·tious
    priˈtenCHəs/
    adjective
    adjective: pretentious

attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed.

I am the webmaster and photographer for www.franks-tgirlworld.com

Taxis are very cheap and plentiful in Bangkok. If you cross the street without looking you'd probably get ran over by three empty taxis. You and your companions can travel around with ease. Also, Bangkok isn't a walking city. The sidewalks are in a bad state or they're covered in little restaurants. Plus its very hot and humid so you'll be exhausted after walking 5 blocks outside. Taxi cabs are the way to go unless the protests are still going, then you'll be fucked. During the last red shirt protests I had to get out of the cab and hoof it to the bar i was going to. But if that's the case and you aren't some sort of pussy you could take a motorcycle taxi.

As Running mentioned you can find a really decent place to stay that is in the location you want that will let you bring back girls at night. Just do your research on 3 to 5 places you'd like to stay. And if on the day you check in it turns out you're not happy with the place for some reason you can just hop in the next taxi that comes by and go to the next place on your list.

DON'T let the taxi driver take you to a place he suggests. It won't be what you want and it will waste your time.

Last edited by dderek123; 03-19-2014 at 01:17 PM.