Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Default Re: List your pet peeves

Quote Originally Posted by Ben in LA View Post
    We have them here in LA...and I feel your pain.
    Love the new avatar!

It's all here -

Avatar is not representative of the available product - contents may differ

Senior Member Junior Poster luvs2lick1385's Avatar

You are standing in a long line at the supermarket. The women in front of you wait until the cashier totals up their order andTHEN THEY START DIGGING IN THE SUITCASE THEY CARRY AS A POCKET BOOK TO DIG OUT THEIR WALLET, THEN DECIDE OH I HAVE THE 98 CENTS IN CHANGE AND COUNT OUT 98 CENTS IN NICKELS, DIMES AND PENNIES. TAKE OUT YOUR FUCKING WALLET WHILE YOU ARE ON LINE TO KEEP THINGS MOVING YOU OLD BITCHES

2 out of 2 members liked this post.
    "Knowledge is good" Emil Faber

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?" Senator John "Bluto" Blutarsky

A neighbor who lets his dog bark all the time. Then calls the cops on me when I have band practice during legal hours at my house...fucking hypocrite asshole.

Sorry but I didn't start this thread so I am really venting and it feels good....thanks

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?" Senator John "Bluto" Blutarsky

People who insist on being called my their full name, ie, Peter not Pete, Joseph, not Joe, Jillian not Jill etc.

People who refer to themselves in the third person, what assholes.

The Kardashians. Why are these useless people famous?????
    My wife loves them, which doesn't say much for her lol.

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by my my my! View Post
    - lazy people that shop at Grocery Stores that leave the shopping carts all over the fucking parking lot. you really can't walk 10 feet to put the cart away in the proper cage? goddamn lazy fucks
    They leave those darn carts right in the parking spaces. I gotta get outta my truck and push it up over the curb/bump thing.

Another grocery store pet peeve I have is when someone puts their items on the belt and won't put the divider stick afterward to separate their groceries from mine. I end up leaning and reaching over them to do it for them.

Not a pet peeve but I usually shop at stores like Ralph's or Von's where we put our groceries on the belt and push our own cart through. When I go to Gelson's they do it for you. Now there is no cart to provide a space for human comfort. I don't know how close to stand behind the customer in front of me.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Dino, a couple of years ago I had just parked at the supermarket and a young couple unloaded their cart and left it standing next to their car. The cage for the cart was on the other side of their car. As they were pulling out I went over to get the cart and I was shaking my head at them. They yelled out to me, thought you needed some exercise. How are parents bringing up their kids now a days?

Senior Member Platinum Poster

People, mostly on tv, who wave their hands around when talking but are not Italian or Spanish. Hand gestures mean something in Italy, so to see some presenting doing it because, in reality, they are nervous is annoying. Even more so because I did a course in presentation skills and was told not to move around, wave my hands around or do anything that these so-called professionals do, which makes me think they are not professional at all. Turn the sound off and you realise how silly it is; and also note that when a skilled presenter doesn't do it their overall presentation is superior.

People,mostly young people, who swear in public -I understand why rude words exist, and can understand when someone out of pain or frustration uses them, but I am offended when I hear people using the f word or something similar in the street or on a bus. Problem is if I were to complain I might get a knife in my gut. Or a mouthful of verbal abuse.

'Chuggers' or those quality beggars who try to stop me on the street and get a monthly subscription to a charity. I will even cross the road to get away from them. Even worse is when they have some inane patter intended to make you smile as if this is going to make you stop and listen to some sob story about people deserving of my £5, as if am incapable of making a contribution when I want, how I want, to whom I want.