Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

Default Potheads less likely to get a heart attack?!?

The active ingredient in pot may potentially prevent heart attacks. Harvard researchers pumped mice with cholesterol for 11 weeks, then gave them low doses of tetrahydrocannibol (THC), the high-inducing chemical in cannabis. THC significantly reduced inflammation in the stoned rodents' blood vessels.

figured I'd give you weedheads a reason to continue with your "medicinal marijuana (yeah right)" practices..........................

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

Platinum Poster

JWBL, it's not about the heart attack...it's about who's gonna be smiling, albeit illegally, at the time of the aforementioned heart attack...

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Professional Poster

I only smoke when Im alone or with someone.

Professional Poster

smoke em if ya got em!

they say that daily alcohol in moderation is good. that would be me for the last 30 years of my life.
    now they say weed is good. that would be me for the last 30 years of my life.
    at this rate, I'll live to be 110. not sure I want to be here that long. I may have to give up these good habits and start going to the gym.

Banned again for being a jizzmop, oh well! Gold Poster

I'd agree that some alcohol is definately good for a person.

"The're more old drunks then there are old doctors, so we might as well have another round."

As quoted by Willie Nelson, who may not be the best person to site on this subject, but he is indeed still alive, and apparently still something of a drunkard (and possible pot head, I don't really follow the daily life of Willie).

I have no information regarding the current state of his doctors.

As far as pot smoking goes, I smoked every day for twenty years (just gave it up recently). I didn't like dealing with creepy dealers, and the cost went up, so I stopped. But I really did like that substance for a long time.

Moderation becomes the key. At some point a person just grows up.

But no, I don't think pot should be illegal, it's certainly less "dangerous" then booze.

Banned again for being a jizzmop, oh well! Gold Poster

I wouldn't advocate a "need" for anything. "Needs" are bad, freedom from "needs" is good.

That's actually a very cool subject. Drugs, booze, sex, even just human interaction, all kinds of things become a "need" for many people.

I don't think, personally, people should have "needs".

They never really lead to any good, and frequently lead to self destructive "bad".

But I don't think I'm in any position to tell someone how to live life. It's awesome when someone cares, but we all, someday, die alone.

It's all comes down to one of my favorite lines from a book (The Basketball Diaries):

"I Just Want To Be Pure"