Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Default Re: Roots and consequences of Ukraine's violence

UKRAINE : Rise of the right wing Extremists threaten to fill power vacuum in Ukraine

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Fairly clumsy russian propaganda. There is a radical right wing element, but in the Kremlin they are talking about a genocide against Russians in the Kraine. Arrant rabble rousing nonsense.

Last edited by Prospero; 03-03-2014 at 09:27 PM.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post

I don't think the U.S should unilaterally engage another nuclear power without first going to the U.N. .
    Thanks for the laugh, bud. I needed that. So according to you , the US should go to the UN and get a green light for any action vis a vis Ukraine. I am not as smart as your Obumbum, but I am pretty sure that the USSR, err Russia, will VETO any ruling of such nature.

BTW, I don't blame O'Bummer. The guy is a certified idiot. I blame Clinton who put his signature on a piece of paper, knowing fully well the ramifications. In his defense, Monica was not hired in that period.

0 out of 2 members liked this post.
    You are cordially invited to toss my salad

A side note. Broncofan is a responsible and intelligent fella who has too good'a sense to smoke marijuana. I'm the doper here.

Last edited by Dino Velvet; 03-03-2014 at 07:20 PM.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post

Obama was elected to give the USA a different, less strident voice, to draw back from military engagements that seemed to make a situation worse and appeared to have no end, and which have cost the USA several trillion $$$. It is up to a President of your liking to beat the drums of war, and send service personnel to their deaths in a foreign field -if he or she can get elected. Obama was democratically elected, get over it. Russia dominates Eastern Europe and the Caucasus -what can you do about it?
    So, according to the liberal elitist media that you excel in reading , the world should:

1.Turn a blind eye and let China invades and annexes Taiwan.
    2.Turn a blind eye and let N. Korea fires nukes at S. Korea.
    3. Turn a blind eye and let Argentina recaptures the Falklands islands.

What else, Rev. Al sharpton? . Maybe Mexico should take back California , too?. It is historically mexican territories and it is full of Mexicans.

Even stupid people deserve a voice in any debate.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Velvet View Post
    A side note. Broncofan is a responsible and intelligent fella who has too good'a sense to smoke marijuana. I'm the doper here.

I don't know the guy. But since he is from Denver, and since CO legalized doping , I am just making a connection.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by envivision View Post
    I don't know the guy. But since he is from Denver, and since CO legalized doping , I am just making a connection.
    I get it for medical use and give the Russian Mob about $800 cash per month. Probably better being legal there.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by envivision View Post
    Thanks for the laugh, bud. I needed that. So according to you , the US should go to the UN and get a green light for any action vis a vis Ukraine. I am not as smart as your Obumbum, but I am pretty sure that the USSR, err Russia, will VETO any ruling of such nature.

BTW, I don't blame O'Bummer. The guy is a certified idiot. I blame Clinton who put his signature on a piece of paper, knowing fully well the ramifications. In his defense, Monica was not hired in that period.
    Any time you use force, you should first go through legal avenues for authorization of that force, and then failing that use diplomacy or build a coalition. If you have to act unilaterally, you do so out of true exigency.

You haven't stated what you think we should do except to insult everyone who has a contrary opinion. Are you saying we should prepare for war against Russia immediately? Because as soon as you say that you make yourself liable to look like a fool.

You say that every country is watching to see what we will do. This is the kind of schoolyard mentality we are trying to get away from. This idea that we embolden our enemies if we do not use violence at the first opportunity.

You know there are hundreds of countries in the world. I don't see why it is imperative that the U.S. immediately resort to violence to show strength or otherwise be responsible for North Korea, China, or any other power violating international law.

We have a country to run here. We can't involve ourselves in a brain-dead charade just because we think it will impress other countries. The day we start listening to people such as yourself, who can't even spell the word invader correctly (and who call the Japanese "Japs" while providing an ostensible defense), is the day we get ourselves involved in a truly apocalyptic war.

Broncofan...you have a gift for understatement."...you make yourself liable to look like a fool. "

I love it...