Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Default Re: Roots and consequences of Ukraine's violence

So dear old red white and blue enraged Envivision, what exactly is YOUR solution?

I see you've chosen, for reasons beyond me, to describe your President as "Hussein" Obama... i guess you think that he is a secret Muslim and probably not really American.

Do you want to launch a pre-emptive thermonuclear strike on Russia? Great idea. The counterstrike coming will ensure that the US and most of Western Europe ceases to exist - and possibly most of humanity for the nuclear winter that would ensue would kill almost everything earth).

Just wandering with you subtle thinking skills what response you'd have in mind.

Do we need three bold right wingers like Thatcher, Reagan and a pope who'll single handedly defeat evil Russia.

I know the wishy washy liberals in London, Washington, Berlin and the rest of the western capitals aren't up to it. After all, they're Kremlin apologists.

I know... let's call on The Justice League of America.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by envivision View Post
    Clinton compares Putin's Ukraine moves to Hitler

Guess Ms. C agrees more with this middle school dropout then the liberal elitist Kremlin apologists from the northeast that embarrass this forum and this great country .

Stavros- denver dude- prospero : You owe me an apology.........

Read Fox News if you care about real news:
    Other than not being from the north east, or a Kremlin apologist, I welcome your views, which are common amongst many people, not just in the USA.

What disappoints me is that you don't think things through to weigh up the alternatives. As I suggested in an earlier post, most of which you ignored, diplomacy rather than war has achieved more than you seem to want to acknowledge. It is true that wars often break out when diplomacy fails, yet it is equally true that many wars are followed by a resumption of the diplomacy that failed -is there any political problem that does not have a political solution? I don't think so, but sometimes the people involved refuse to engage with an alternative reality to the one they are fixated upon at the time.

I recommend Cultures of War, by John Dower, on the rationale that has been given for war by previous American administrations, if you read books you will, I think, realise how easy it is to start a war -a war costing trillions of dollars and thousands of lives -and how difficult, once it has begin, it is to stop the war.

Cultures of War: Pearl Harbor / Hiroshima / 9-11 / Iraq: John W. Dower: 9780393340686: Amazon.com: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51wxk7y-XGL.@@AMEPARAM@@51wxk7y-XGL

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

I know it's RT but listen to Ron Paul please.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Velvet View Post
    I know it's RT but listen to Ron Paul please.

Paul sums it up succinctly: "We don't have any business there."
    I mean, what if, say, we had a dispute with Mexico... then should Russia get involved? Or even, say, Canada. Say there was a dispute regarding the tar sands in Alberta. Should Russia then get involved?
    It's an American mindset [much like the British had prior to WWII] and it's: we own the world.
    I'm not saying we should be insular. And not care about the rest of the world. But take, say, Cuba. Well, as Paul has pointed out, and many others, too, you simply trade with them and establish good relations.
    I mean, we've a trading relationship with the brutal dictatorship of Saudi Arabia. Why not Cuba? Well, we "lost" Cuba and the people of Cuba must be punished for their, well, independence.
    Remember we lauded Boris "corrupt" Yeltsin because he was subservient to US power. We can't push Putin around in the same way. And that upsets us. I'm not saying Putin is a wonderful guy. But who is --

And: Rachel Maddow...

Rachel Maddow Cringes At 'Awkwardness' Of U.S. Condemning Russia:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_4896133.html

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Professional Poster runningdownthatdream's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Paul sums it up succinctly: "We don't have any business there."
    I mean, what if, say, we had a dispute with Mexico... then should Russia get involved? Or even, say, Canada. Say there was a dispute regarding the tar sands in Alberta. Should Russia then get involved?
    It's an American mindset [much like the British had prior to WWII] and it's: we own the world.
    I'm not saying we should be insular. And not care about the rest of the world. But take, say, Cuba. Well, as Paul has pointed out, and many others, too, you simply trade with them and establish good relations.
    I mean, we've a trading relationship with the brutal dictatorship of Saudi Arabia. Why not Cuba? Well, we "lost" Cuba and the people of Cuba must be punished for their, well, independence.
    Remember we lauded Boris "corrupt" Yeltsin because he was subservient to US power. We can't push Putin around in the same way. And that upsets us. I'm not saying Putin is a wonderful guy. But who is --

And: Rachel Maddow...

Rachel Maddow Cringes At 'Awkwardness' Of U.S. Condemning Russia:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_4896133.html
    Wow Ben - you hit on some of my exact sentiments - vis a vis Mexico/Canada, Cuba, and Boris Yeltsin - that I had been planning to post about. No need now

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
    So dear old red white and blue enraged Envivision, what exactly is YOUR solution?

You want a solution? Fine, I will give you a simple and effective one. Borrow a page from the Gipper's book.

The great Ronald Reagan defeated the evil Soviet Union back in the late 80's - without firing a single shot on the Russians. How did he do it, you say? Easy, by waging proxies wars on the red commies, suffocating their finances, chocking their self-esteems, and showing the world how feeble they truly are.

From Afghanistan, to Central America (places like Nicaragua-El Salvador- Panama), to the middle east (e.g. Syrian-Israeli conflict in 1982), the Great Communicator was picking one side - usually the winning side- and going at it at the Reds. Kremlin was so broke in the 80's that for their parades they used to paint wooden posts and show them as new intercontinental ballistic missiles.

Fast forward 30 years later, the US can still wage proxy wars on Putin. Places like Syria, Iran, etc. are a good start. Have the US back the opposition in Syria to the butcher who is supported by Putin. Kick the mullahs ass in Iran. Strengthen our relations with KSA, Egypt, and Israel.

That's my friend, how Ronnie single handily won the cold war.

You are cordially invited to toss my salad

Veteran Poster

The only silver lining about the Ukraine's predicament is that Hillary C. can kiss goodbye the presidency. I must admit that I do find Hillary C. 10 times smarter than Hussein and she has more balls than he does.

2016 will be dominated by foreign policy debate and the status of the US in the world, especially after the fiasco called Hussein O'Bama.

Bad news for the liberals. American do NOT trust them on this matter. But, they do trust somebody else - somebody who is been tested- somebody who showed courage, resolve, and strength. Somebody who build rapport with the Europeans- the Latinos- the Asians- Arabs, etc.Somebody who is ready to lead when he gets a phone call at 3 am in the morning.

That person is Jeb Bush. A scion of American politics. A real American.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.
    You are cordially invited to toss my salad

Professional Poster runningdownthatdream's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by envivision View Post
    The only silver lining about the Ukraine's predicament is that Hillary C. can kiss goodbye the presidency. I must admit that I do find Hillary C. 10 times smarter than Hussein and she has more balls than he does.

2016 will be dominated by foreign policy debate and the status of the US in the world, especially after the fiasco called Hussein O'Bama.

Bad news for the liberals. American do NOT trust them on this matter. But, they do trust somebody else - somebody who is been tested- somebody who showed courage, resolve, and strength. Somebody who build rapport with the Europeans- the Latinos- the Asians- Arabs, etc.Somebody who is ready to lead when he gets a phone call at 3 am in the morning.

That person is Jeb Bush. A scion of American politics. A real American.
    So the truth comes out - you're Jeb Bush and you've just announced your candidacy for president and your foreign policy all in one fell swoop.........nice job!

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Paul sums it up succinctly: "We don't have any business there."But take, say, Cuba. Well, as Paul has pointed out, and many others, too,]
    If many others have said it too, then why do we need to hear from this odious bigot and homophobe something that's common sense? I heard Ron Paul walked outside on a cold day and said it was cold once too.

Speaking of odious bigots, this envivision guy keeps saying Hussein Obama. I find it pretty disgusting when someone emphasizes Jewish middle or last names to make an argument, why do the Republicans do it with a Muslim name? In this thread he's used the words "beaners" and "Japs". A piece of shit and a genuine traitor to real American values.

Yes, why don't we conduct proxy wars at the expense of millions of non-American people's lives. We can let them pick up the pieces in their home countries and not have to worry about their lost limbs and broken lives.