Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Default Re: Snake Handler Dies With The Cause Of Death Being From A Snakebite

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    Speaking of his refusal of medical treatment...I wonder if the other snake charmers are sitting around saying "you know he really gives snake charmers a bad name. How could he be so reckless and irresponsible? Now people think we're ALL like that."
    All the gator rasslers' are laughing and pointing. Kids too.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Velvet View Post
    All the gator rasslers' are laughing and pointing. Kids too.

There should be a rule that when you make a living tempting fate for no valuable purpose people can't mourn you when it doesn't work out. If you reach in an alligator's throat to grab the last remaining prototype for a vaccine or something I'll hold the memorial service and pay for it.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bzzzay View Post
    He had been bitten 8 times before. Guess ninth was the charm.
    He should've had nine lives. Must've miscounted.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Gold Poster

I wonder if when you sign on to become a snake charmer your healthcare covers anti-venom.

"No, I'm sorry Mr. Charmer. It looks here like you can get a simple check-up, bloodwork, counseling. Yes, well we did the check-up. You're dying. I know it's not fair, but if you read the fine print, there's a co-pay for anti-venom. Not to mention you're out of network and haven't met your deductible. We can put you on the waiting list but the doctor is very busy."

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    I wonder if when you sign on to become a snake charmer your healthcare covers anti-venom.
    That's actually a very good point. Guess his benefits ran out.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Should've gone with the West African pythons -they don't bite...but they can squeeze...I had one slide through my arms once and the sense of its immense crushing power was quite frightening even though it was perfectly docile at the time...

Professional Poster francisfkudrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    He should've had nine lives. Must've miscounted.
    Assuming he had nine lives (or regenerations if you want to think of him as a sort of redneck Timelord), the first bite would have been the start of the 2nd life. The 8th bite would have been the start of the 9th life. So it is actually correct that the 9th bite would do him in.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Spare a thought for the man who jumped into the Tiger pen in the zoo in Chengdu in China, with a backpack full of rice. He thought they might be hungry. Then he started making faces at the Bengal Tigers and they rather didn't like it...he was mauled, but is still alive.
    I mean -brown rice? For tigers? It wasn't event cooked!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...s-9134279.html

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by francisfkudrow View Post
    Assuming he had nine lives (or regenerations if you want to think of him as a sort of redneck Timelord), the first bite would have been the start of the 2nd life. The 8th bite would have been the start of the 9th life. So it is actually correct that the 9th bite would do him in.
    There ya go. He used up his nine lives. (Nice counting )

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Yep, the right snake will ruin your day!!!