Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by MegabodyNYC
    TOMMY , ITS POINTLESS TO ARGUE, THESE OTHERS HERE DONT GET IT, THATS WHY I ADMIRE BO JACKSON WHO GREW UP WITHOUT A FATHER...HIS MOTHER RAISED HIM, IN A GHETTO ENVIORMENT.....HE SAID THAT ALL HIS OLD CHILDHOOD FRIENDS ARE EITHER DEAD OR IN JAIL...HIS OUTLLOK ON LIFE WAS HE HATED THE GHETTO AND VOWED TO HIS MOM HE WOULD LEAD HIS FAMILY OUT OF THE GHETTO FOR GOOD......HE SAID IN AN INTERVIEW THAT TOO MANY OF HIS FRIENDS USED THE GHETTO AS AN EXCUSE FOR DOING NOTHING WITH THIER LIVES......HE USED IT AS MOTIVATION TO BE SOMEBODY....IN MY OPINION HE MAY JUST BE THE GREATEST ATHLETE OF ALL TIME, AT THE VERY LEAST EQUAL WITH AMERICAN INDAIN JIM THORPE.....TODAY RAP HAS RUINED AND GLORIFIED THE GHETTO CULTURE, ITS PREACHES ANTI WOAN, PRO DRUGS, ANTI LAW ENFORCEMENT AND IT GLORIFIES KILLING.......I LIKE SOME RAP BUT THAT GANGSTER SHIT IS KILLING URBAN KIDS TODAY.....EVERYBODIES A TUFF GUY , EVEN 13 YEAROLD BOYS .....YOU GOT POOR L;OST SOULS LIKE MIKE TYSON WHO CANT LEAVE THE GHETTO ALONE, IT HAS HELP DESTROY HIS LEGACEY AS THE GREATEST HEAVYWEIGHT EVER.....HE IS NOW MORTAL AND VIEWED AS A DSYFUNCTIONAL LOST SOUL.....THE GHETTO RUINED HIM...25 MILLION DOLLARS A FIGHT AND HE IS HANGIN OUT WITH HOOD RAT THUGS IN BROWNVILLE , CRY LIKE HE GOT JIPPED ...MEANWHILE HE AND THE RIFF RAFF HE HANGS OUT WITH RUINED HIM......OPRA WINFRY IS VIEWED AS A BLEACH BLACK WOMAN BECAUSE SHE REFUSES TO RECOGNISE RAP AS ANYTHING BUT TROUBLE FOR THE BLACK COMMUNITY...SHE SAID ON HER SHOW THAT EVERYTIME SHE HEARS A BLCK MAN CALL ANOTHER BLACK MAN A NI@@ER IT MAKES HER WANNA SLAP THE MEN.....BOTTOM LINE TOMMY, I SEE YOUR POINT, PEOPLE JUDGE YOU BY WITH IGNORANT OTHERS HAVE TO SAY......YA HEARD ONE, YA HEARD THEM ALL....ITS THAT KINDA STEREO TYPING THAT YOU DISLIKE AND ARE TRYING TO COMBAT...I SAY GOOD FOR YOU, I APPLAUD YOU FOR BEING THE FISH THAT SWIMS UPSTREAM, LIKE BO JACKSON, YOUR VIEW IS SHIT NEEDS TO CHANGE, YOU ARE AN INDAVIDUAL , I KNOW YOU, I ADMIRE YOUR BALLS TO SPEAK YOUR MIND WHILE THESE MISGUIDED MINOWS SWIM WITH ALL THE OTHERS.........MY RESPECT TO YOU.....

IM NOT CHECKING MY SPELLING , SO DEAL WITH MY THICK FAT FINGERS HITTING EXTRA KEYS
    Mega they really can't see the big picture. Folks this isn't just about Buffie, Its about the whole ghetto fabulous lifestyle that people like her and rappers perpetuate. This is what kids of today see and what they aspire to be a part of instead of finishing school. I can't tell you how sick and tired I am of seeing kids on the corner blasting rap music and smoking blunts during school hours. Just for the record, I volunteer my time with kids so I try to do my part. I know its not completely hip hop/rap's fault because ultimately someone has to be responsible for promoting this lifestyle. Namely, recording companies, magazines, film studios and so on. Most of these entities are owned by non-african americans. Oh, and someone mentioned viewing and having a appreciation for shemales as being embarrassing. Well, as far as I know my participation here is done anonymously for the most part so wheres the embarrassment? I'm not doing radio interviews promoting transsexualism. For the last time, IF YOU'RE DOING AN INTERVIEW TRY TO BE ARTICULATE AND PROFESSIONAL REGARDLESS OF COLOR. Thats really all this was about. But as is usually the case at HA, it became something more. Peace.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by ARMANIXXX
    Look...

The bottom line is, that broad is no more gonna save the planet from the evil KFC clan than Pam Anderson. Buffie has a huge ass and thats that. For you guys to go on a huge bitter diatribe on how stupid and ignorant she is somewhat appals me only because it seems as if you were waiting for this bitch to cure cancer AND deliver a superior rocket delivery system with her ass. Please......PLEASE FUCKIN PLEASE. Why do you hold Buffy to a higher set of standards than any of these other broads that show ass, fuck on camera, sing on MTV/BET, or any other pop culture shit.

For you to to that, perpetuates the SUM of the same discriminatory practices that you claim to want to uplift yourself from tommytuu.

To me the only ignorant people would be the ones who claim to admit to holding Buffie and Friends to the heir of "role model" status.
    She did say she wanted kids to look up to her. Had she not said this, it wouldn't be much of an issue. Kids themselves are a pretty serious issue in todays society, so if you're gonna talk about wanting them to look up to you, you better have your shit together.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by MystiquEvolution
    Okay, so she slipped up. It can happen to any of us, as it's been noted. Buffie the Body is no more of a spokes person for her race than Michael Jordan, Dennis Rodman, Naomi Campbell, Wayne Brady, etc... Each person should represent themselves. If others follow their lead and through their names in with them, so be it.

She's fortunate enough to have a spotlight on her 15 minutes of fame. She's using what she's got to get what she can, while she can. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. The way the DJ acted, he definitely didn't do his part in bringing respect to the race. No one is perfect.

All this does is bring more attention to her. Whether it's good or bad publicity, her name is being brought up. From there, people who only hear of her will want to SEE who she is. Marketing!
    Point well taken Mystique. I would have left this alone had she not brought kids into the discussion. If she wants to be a ghetto booty sex symbol, then remain as one and don't try to be something for kids to look up to.

Platinum Poster

Good points, Mega...

And 50cent is a punk and a snitch...
    look his record up at www.thesmokinggun.com

The only Buffy that I know... is Buffy the Vampire Slayer...

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Junior Poster

BASICALLY TOMMY IS SAYING THAT HE IS APPAULLED AT THESE CELEBERTIES PROMOTING AND GLORIFYING THE GHETTO LIFESTLYE WHEN IN FACT ITS THAT SAME GHETTO LIFESTYLE THATS KILLING ITS PEOPLE OF TODAY...BLACK, WHITE , LATIN, ASIAN , ITS NOT ABOUT RACE, ITS ABOUT THE MESSAGE THAT GANGSTER IS COOL WHEN IN FACT ITS RUINING THE LIVES OF THE PEOPLE OF THE HOOD.....GANGSTER RAP WOULD MAKE LEADERS LIKE MARTIN LUTHER KING TURN IN HIS GRAVE, HE WANTED PEOPLE TP PUSH FOR EQUALITY AND GET AN EDUCATION TO BE ALL THEY CAN BE...TO HAVE AN OPERTUNITY TO LIVE A GOOD QUALITY LIFE.....GANGSTER RAP HAS GLORIFIED AND PROMTED GHETTO LIFE LIKE ITS COOL OR A GIFT.....TOMMY IS JUST SAYING THAT ROLE MODELS IN THE GHETTO COMMUNITY ARE MORE LIKE BO JACKSON WHO CAME FROM BAD GHETTO LIFE AND HE TEACHES KIDS TODAY THAT THEY CAN BE WHATEVER THEY WANT IF THEY PUT IN THE HARD WORK....STANDING ON THE STREET CORNER WITH YOUR OVER SIZED WHITE T-SHIRT , BASEBALL HAT ON SIDEWAYS , PANTS 10 SIZES TOO BIG, SELLING $10 BAGS OF WEED AND DISRESPECTING EVERY GIRL THAT WALKS BY AINT GONNA GET YOU ANYWHERE BUT IN JAIL........THESE RAP STARS LIVE IN MANSIONS , YES THEY CAME FROM THE HOOD , BUT VERY FEW PEOPLE MAKE IT TO THIER LEVEL, ANYWAY THEY GLORIFY THE GHETTO FAB LIFE BUT THEY GOT THIER ASSES OUT OF THERE......YES , SOME MISGUIDED FOOLS LIKE MIKE TYSON CANT SEEM TO ESCAPE BUT THATS BECAUSE OF HANGING AROUND THE WRONG PEOPLE........50cent IS ABOUT MAKING MONEY, TRUST ME HE AINT GOING TO MOVE BACK TO THE PROJECTS BUT HE GLORIFIES THAT SHIT, INSTEAD OF SAYING GET OUT OF THERE AND MAKE SOMETHING OF YOURSELF....
    YOU GOT IT MEGA. CO-SIGN 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Veteran Poster

This topic is expanding beyond Buffie's ass and misuse of words.I don't think it's fair to hold her accountable for every challenge in the African-American community.I do agree with some of the observations about the glamorization of rap destroying the youth .I've had that conversation a million times but that's another thread....Tommy,Mega

Veteran Poster

I'm glad to see a few people who can give her a break.I was feeling like the only voice of reason at the start of this....

checkout this assclap if you haven't seen it by now.

Veteran Poster

Underneath the bling the jackass might actually be a stallion.If one is willing to look

~Jas~

Silver Poster

BASICALLY TOMMY IS SAYING THAT HE IS APPAULLED AT THESE CELEBERTIES PROMOTING AND GLORIFYING THE GHETTO LIFESTLYE WHEN IN FACT ITS THAT SAME GHETTO LIFESTYLE THATS KILLING ITS PEOPLE OF TODAY...BLACK, WHITE , LATIN, ASIAN , ITS NOT ABOUT RACE, ITS ABOUT THE MESSAGE THAT GANGSTER IS COOL WHEN IN FACT ITS RUINING THE LIVES OF THE PEOPLE OF THE HOOD.....GANGSTER RAP WOULD MAKE LEADERS LIKE MARTIN LUTHER KING TURN IN HIS GRAVE, HE WANTED PEOPLE TP PUSH FOR EQUALITY AND GET AN EDUCATION TO BE ALL THEY CAN BE...TO HAVE AN OPERTUNITY TO LIVE A GOOD QUALITY LIFE.....GANGSTER RAP HAS GLORIFIED AND PROMTED GHETTO LIFE LIKE ITS COOL OR A GIFT.....TOMMY IS JUST SAYING THAT ROLE MODELS IN THE GHETTO COMMUNITY ARE MORE LIKE BO JACKSON WHO CAME FROM BAD GHETTO LIFE AND HE TEACHES KIDS TODAY THAT THEY CAN BE WHATEVER THEY WANT IF THEY PUT IN THE HARD WORK....STANDING ON THE STREET CORNER WITH YOUR OVER SIZED WHITE T-SHIRT , BASEBALL HAT ON SIDEWAYS , PANTS 10 SIZES TOO BIG, SELLING $10 BAGS OF WEED AND DISRESPECTING EVERY GIRL THAT WALKS BY AINT GONNA GET YOU ANYWHERE BUT IN JAIL........THESE RAP STARS LIVE IN MANSIONS , YES THEY CAME FROM THE HOOD , BUT VERY FEW PEOPLE MAKE IT TO THIER LEVEL, ANYWAY THEY GLORIFY THE GHETTO FAB LIFE BUT THEY GOT THIER ASSES OUT OF THERE......YES , SOME MISGUIDED FOOLS LIKE MIKE TYSON CANT SEEM TO ESCAPE BUT THATS BECAUSE OF HANGING AROUND THE WRONG PEOPLE........50cent IS ABOUT MAKING MONEY, TRUST ME HE AINT GOING TO MOVE BACK TO THE PROJECTS BUT HE GLORIFIES THAT SHIT, INSTEAD OF SAYING GET OUT OF THERE AND MAKE SOMETHING OF YOURSELF....

__________________________________________________ _

That IS NOT what he's sayin Mega. You have gainfully slid your own twist into Tommy's mouth......er.....point of view.

Point Blank, Buffy is a mild to moderate celeb. and Tommy thinks that she is somehow NOT entitled to be just as Stupid as Pam, Jessica, Courtney Love, Winona Rider, Tori Spelling, or any of the long list of stupid celebs.
    Tommy has said/implied because she is black, she is somehow WORSE further implying that he is himself a RACIST......racist towards his own.

How's that for a summary.

Quote Originally Posted by ARMANIXXX

__________________________________________________ _

That IS NOT what he's sayin Mega. You have gainfully slid your own twist into Tommy's mouth......er.....point of view.

Point Blank, Buffy is a mild to moderate celeb. and Tommy thinks that she is somehow NOT entitled to be just as Stupid as Pam, Jessica, Courtney Love, Winona Rider, Tori Spelling, or any of the long list of stupid celebs.
    Tommy has said/implied because she is black, she is somehow WORSE further implying that he is himself a RACIST......racist towards his own.

How's that for a summary.

Not to continue flogging the long dead horse, but I think you may be the one reading something into this, Armanixxx. To my knowledge, at no point has Tommytuu – or any other poster – said anything that could be reasonably construed as giving any of the dumber white celebs a pass. If anything, the available evidence points to precisely the opposite:

Quote Originally Posted by tommytuu
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinn
    Quote Originally Posted by MystiquEvolution
    So what's the difference between Miss Buffie marketing her bootylicious figure, versus Jessica Simpson?
    From my perspective, they're essentially two sides of the same coin.

-Quinn
    Co-sign!!!!!!!!!
    At this point this isn't getting us anywhere, so I think I'm done with the dead horse.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.