Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedOne

It's not so much the individual or the race or the gender or the what-the-fuck-ever at hand as it is the fact that, if you truly want to be an 'expiration' to the people, you should at least have a little bit of respect for yourself and how others view you.
    I really have a differeny idealogy on the use of language.It's more important to me that I understand what a person means.I don't want to award respect just because someone uses eloquent and/or the correct words.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasadin
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedOne

It's not so much the individual or the race or the gender or the what-the-fuck-ever at hand as it is the fact that, if you truly want to be an 'expiration' to the people, you should at least have a little bit of respect for yourself and how others view you.
    I really have a differeny idealogy on the use of language.It's more important to me that I understand what a person means.I don't want to award respect just because someone uses eloquent and/or the correct words.
    A given. If I had heard this interview firsthand, I would have had quite a giggle over it, but would have understood the bend of the phrase. Unfortunatley, in a day and age where supposed high school graduates fill out job apllications with drivel like "ID2", "BTDT", and other internet shorthand or worse, "meaning" and "understanding" falls flat.

If someone speaks "typo" on their app or resume to me via the dotcom, I'll overlook it and move on to the references and qualifications. They will not see this courtesy from Dupont, IBM, MBNA, or any one of the other Fortune 500 'Alphabet Companies', or many of the lesser venues either.

I had a girlfriend when I was just out of high school that used to say words like "supposebly" (Note that the "B" is not my typo...This time). I always thought it was cute. Sadly, last I heard, she was still working the streets in Berkeley. I'm sure that "supposebly" was not much help along the way.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn

Jasadin, no one expects the girls to be Rhodes Scholars; they're people like any of us (some being very smart and some being incredibly stupid). Buffie clearly falls into the latter category – and that's not very "expirational." Furthermore, I fail to see how holding someone accountable to their own standard of unintelligible illiteracy is misogynistic, particularly when said individual is attempting to model themselves as an inspiration to kids. LMAO.....

-Quinn
    Everyone is held up on her "expirational "message.We knew what she was tryin to say.Holding a person accountable is different than labeling one a hoodrat,ghetto etc... for the misuse of a word.Has she lost all value due to a limited vocab?Anyway all that stuff came out when the dj was laying into her.I guess she should be quiet and look pretty while being verbally attacked.

As far as me using MISOGYNY.I just wonder if anyone around here REALLY like tgirls/ggs(beyond climax)? I'm tryin to figure out where's the hate coming from

~Jas~

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Jasadin

Jasadin, no one expects the girls to be Rhodes Scholars; they're people like any of us (some being very smart and some being incredibly stupid). Buffie clearly falls into the latter category – and that's not very "expirational." Furthermore, I fail to see how holding someone accountable to their own standard of unintelligible illiteracy is misogynistic, particularly when said individual is attempting to model themselves as an inspiration to kids. LMAO.....

-Quinn
    Everyone is held up on her "expirational "message.We knew what she was tryin to say.Holding a person accountable is different than labeling one a hoodrat,ghetto etc... for the misuse of a word.Has she lost all value due to a limited vocab?Anyway all that stuff came out when the dj was laying into her.I guess she should be quiet and look pretty while being verbally attacked.

As far as me using MISOGYNY.I just wonder if anyone around here REALLY like tgirls/ggs(beyond climax)? I'm tryin to figure out where's the hate coming from

~Jas~
    Jasadin, you know the saying. Its better to be thought of as illiterate, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. She could have said a lot of yes,no, I don't know and would have been better off. Yes, you're right, our very own president isn't the sharpest tack in the wall either. But that doesn't make it right for anyone else to butcher the english language. And this isn't a question of hate or hating on any paticular part of society, but I do have a problem with the way we as a country seem to reward dummies.

Silver Poster

She was being interviewed by a radio station and tried to say how she wanted to be an inspiration to kids but it actually came out "I just wanna be an EXPIRATION to kids". ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!! How can you sound so unintelligible and illiterate when being interviewed. This takes all body and no brains to new heights. Then she got pissed off at the dj and went off on him. Fucking ghetto broad. And before anyone wants to pull the race card, I'm black. I just feel like you have a responsibility to at least sound somewhat intelligent if you're giving interviews. I mean, I'm sure she wants publicity, so break out a dictionary before you do interviews. Funny thing is, most men still would sweat this broad given the chance. I've tried ghetto broads and we just don't mix. Besides, I want more than that for myself today.

buffie2-_184.jpg: 1289 Time(s) Viewed, 104.87 KB

buffie2-_184.jpg

Yeah..........But, did you see her ass :P

Quote Originally Posted by MystiquEvolution
    So what's the difference between Miss Buffie marketing her bootylicious figure, versus Jessica Simpson?
    From my perspective, they're essentially two sides of the same coin.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by MystiquEvolution
    So what's the difference between Miss Buffie marketing her bootylicious figure, versus Jessica Simpson?

-Quinn
    Co-sign!!!!!!!!!

Junior Poster

Sorry, what did you say?, I got distracted by her ass

Screw You

Veteran Poster

-Quinn
    But let's be real, who hasn't said the wrong word, typed a very wrong word, or misread something horribly wrong. I've become lost w/o spell check (and I won 2 spelling Bs as a kid).

My boss loves to bring up those stories in meetings with clients and once he does the floodgates open with people trading stories of when they had these kinds of fuck ups. And these are primarily intelligent, educated, articulate business people that I am talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by RangeHova

-Quinn
    But let's be real, who hasn't said the wrong word, typed a very wrong word, or misread something horribly wrong. I've become lost w/o spell check (and I won 2 spelling Bs as a kid).

My boss loves to bring up those stories in meetings with clients and once he does the floodgates open with people trading stories of when they had these kinds of fuck ups. And these are primarily intelligent, educated, articulate business people that I am talking about.
    Rangehova, I totally get what you’re saying – to a point. Anyone can slip up. We all have our idiosyncrasies (my spelling is atrocious as well), but, in the case of the two aforementioned women, we are talking about outright idiocy – nothing more and nothing less. Contrary to the image these type of people would so carelessly project, it's not ok to be stupid.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.