Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Senior Member Junior Poster

Default Re: How Does The Word "Transfeminine" Sound

Transfeminine doesn't bother and seems to fit a part of what I am. I'm a genetic male, but have always been ok with being called 'queer', because that label was so non-descript. I'm definitely gender fluid and more femme than not. I dress as a male 95% of the time, however, I wear panties exclusively. I also wear women's running shoes almost exclusively. I'm ok with just being myself and my wife is generally cool with allowing it.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

I'd stay with TGirl, short and to the point. Emphasis on Girl!

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

It sounds shite...think of something else!

3 out of 4 members liked this post.
    I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!

Senior Member 5 Star Poster Jamie French's Avatar

Tranny.

26 lifetime passes left to my site for my face surgery. Help out, gimme your email & I'll make it worth your while. https://life.indiegogo.com/fundraise...-surgery-funds

My @clips4sale store... updated every day for the next year and a half, starting... NOW. http://clips4sale.com/20182

http://deadgirlproductions.com/
    http://www.tsjamiefrench.com
    http://www.twitter.com/Jamie_French

In short, a transwoman or tgirl IS feminine, that's basically the point. She's transgender to be feminine rather than masculine. As Trish says, there's no "across" involved.

In long, I defer to Trish:

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Just some random thoughts.

A transcontinental railroad carries passengers across a continent, potentially from one coast to another. A transgender jouney carries one across the gender continuum, potentially from one gender to another. A transplant involves uprooting a plant (or in medicine an organ), moving to a new location and replanting it. To transcend is to move beyond physical reality into the metaphysical beyond (whatever that is). The prefix “trans” connotes motion across. Transsexual seems perfectly fine to me, but what would “transfeminine” mean? Moving across the feminine, say from cheerleader to sophisticated lady? Or perhaps it refers to ovary transplantation? The word just doesn’t make sense to me. But that’s just me.

However, common usage within the transgender community has changed. Often (but not always) the root following the prefix “trans” denotes the endpoint of a long passage. So, thanks to common usage, “transwoman” now sounds normal to me. Okay, so back to “transfeminine.” In this word, as defined, the root “feminine” isn’t necessarily the endpoint of any passage. There is no across at all. As defined in the op’s chart, it means “Someone who identifies more female than male.” This could be someone who always identified more female than male. Where’s the journey? Where’s the motion? The definition pretty much fits my mother who always identified more female than male, no trip required. I suggest, instead of the word "transfeminine" we just use the word "feminine."

Senior Member Junior Poster breakingbad14's Avatar

to me Transfeminine sounds like the PC brigade came in to work and thought 'how can we really push the envelope'

It sounds a tad extreme to me, like unnecessarily extravagant. Just my opinion though, for what it's worth.

For me Tgirl, or just girl, depending on whether the T needs spelling out.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.
    Last edited by breakingbad14; 02-07-2014 at 06:40 PM.