Default Places to eat in miami

Hey I'm visiting Miami for a conference and it's my first time here. Any recommendations on places to eat and or good bars?

Rookie Poster

Default Re: Places to eat in miami

where in miami will you be?

Senior Member Junior Poster luvs2lick1385's Avatar

Joe's Stone Crab

The best Stone Crab Claws and Key Lime Pie

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    "Knowledge is good" Emil Faber

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?" Senator John "Bluto" Blutarsky

5 Star Poster south ov da border's Avatar

on the beach and want random eats - try the big pink.

bar wise Tobacco Road just for the atmosphere.

the real question is where are you staying. I grew up there but can't really recommend anything until you give me a approximate neighborhood

too much french fries, not enough shakes...

I'm staying at the embassy suites near Miami International. Joe's Stone Crab sounds good. Thanks for the suggestions.

Junior Poster

Joe's is great, but prepare to wait an hour for your table, and to pay big money. It's worth it, best crab in the world.

If you're a foodie, go to Michys, and then to the bars and clubs in Miami Beach... they are all over Ocean Drive, Washington st. and Lincoln Road,... plenty of tourists though. If you are a tourist, go to Mangos and see the cuban girls dancing on top of the bar. Hot!.

If in a budget, I recommend "Dolores but you can call me Lolita" in Downtown and a drink at the Blue Martini next door just to start.

If money is not your problem, go to the Epic Hotel and dine at the Zuma restaurant, you will need a reservation.

Girs action ?. Club Tootsies, 100 girls all absolutely gorgeous. Better be at 10.00
    Tgirls action?. Club Xtra, 15 tgirs dancers, many are very beautiful . Be at 11.00

Speaking spanish helps a lot

Junior Member Rookie Poster Teode812's Avatar

If you are looking for a really great TS bar, go to Club Xtra. I was staying at the airport and was 20 minutes north. head north on 95 to Hollywood - take right on Hollywood BLVD (east) and take right on S. Dixie HWY - it is three blocks on right - address is 600 S. Dixie Hwy. Opens at 8pm and closes at 2am. I was there back in October and it was great. Small place but all TS staff and dancers (even the DJ was TS) and everyone is very nice and you can get private dances if you want. Highly recommend. And if you go or find another place, please post and let us know.

Verified account Silver Poster Ben in LA's Avatar

Burger King

Chalan on the Beach - just a bit north of SoBe on Washington Ave. Was in Miami for a total of 6 days, ate here 4 times. Best, best, best Peruvian food this side of Lima. Honest, simple, fresh and inexpensive. Usually filled with local Peruanas. Our concierge tried to steer us to some dum-ass tourist trap. Figuring the guy was probably full of shit, we asked the car valets where they'd go for dinner. Chalan! was the response. Tried it and loved it. Some of the best ceviches we've ever had.

Oh, I may be on the side of the angels... but don't think for one second that I am one of them. (Sherlock Holmes)