Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: left wing whiners with apparent passive aggressive tendencies, who can't make a s

Quote Originally Posted by glenntinnyc View Post
    You're so misguided its almost sad. Progressive ideas are shared by a majority in this country , including gay marriage, civil rights, gun control. hate crime etc, the reason they have so much difficulty implementing those ideas is beacuse they ostracize the very people they are hoping to gain the support of with. Politics is a popularity contest, and the left are unlikable, just ask Joe the plumber . The majority of Americans when asked about the individual aspects of healthcare reform were all for them, yet the left still managed to fuck it up by letting right call it social healthcare and not having the stones to respond, but instead they gave snarky elitist answers . The same thing is happening in the gun control debate right now. You have a well organized minority holding back legislation because the left are to busy bitching instead of organizing. They are unlikable and elitist and that is why they lose the support of the people even though their ideas and views are actually in the majority.
    From this distance it certainly appears that this is largely true, but the causes are complex and often contradictory; it's easier to criticise the Republicans because at least it's relatively easy to find out what they stand for and what their base policy drivers are.

With the Democrats it's almost a case of supporting them because they oppose at least some of the hateful rubbish that the republicans come out with. But being able to discern what their core policies are is damn difficult beyond the level of rhetorical symbolism. They seem to be permanently running scared of the republicans and their media attack dogs.

But pleasures are like poppies spread
    You seize the flow'r, the bloom is shed

Default Re: left wing whiners with apparent passive aggressive tendencies, who can't make a s

Quote Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
    I like Glenn's signature admitting is postings are works of fiction. They read that way. Little war stories.

That's all you can come up with? Try again I'll be happy to engage when you have something a bit more witty to say or did you wander into the big boys room and are now looking for a way out?

0 out of 2 members liked this post.
    Note: All postings are complete works of fiction and are for entertainment purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by robertlouis View Post
    From this distance it certainly appears that this is largely true, but the causes are complex and often contradictory; it's easier to criticise the Republicans because at least it's relatively easy to find out what they stand for and what their base policy drivers are.

With the Democrats it's almost a case of supporting them because they oppose at least some of the hateful rubbish that the republicans come out with. But being able to discern what their core policies are is damn difficult beyond the level of rhetorical symbolism. They seem to be permanently running scared of the republicans and their media attack dogs.

You are right the cases are complex, and as I said in the Seeger thread, it is painful to sit and listen to wannabe liberals(US version) bitch and moan, act entitled , complain about the state of politics, etc etc then do absolutely nothing about it. Quite frankly the left would be better off if in fact the whiners did pick up and move . That's not hostile it is pragmatic. This conversation took its turn when I said you are free to move to Trish. That still remains, she is free to move. I didn't explicitly say to move, yet that was what she latched onto. I Then said it again with the caveat of running for office. Perhaps it is my east coast mentality, but that is simply a put up or shut stement, it's not hostile ,it's not derogatory, it's simply what it is, put up or shut up. If even a tiny portion of the left that complains ad nauseam would go with that simple idea the left may get something done. But instead the left acts entitled, portaying themselves as intellectuals and wholly alienating themselves from the people who would most benefit from their social and economic agenda. You think you can go into anytown USA and say the British Parliment is a place where real discussion takes place, and that our Congress is full of Twits and expect to get anything done? Which goes to my point of disagreeing that changing the Anthem would have the support of the left. Does anyone here really think Steve the auto union guy in Michigan, who votes democrat wouldn't immediately say that changing the anthem was sacrilege? Cm'on .

Note: All postings are complete works of fiction and are for entertainment purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    Alright. You'll get my agreement on that. But I still feel how I feel about the original comments in the thread (the fuckwittery comments and the you can move there comments). They were a little more hostile than you think they were. I was passive-aggressive or jocular in response...that was the wrong play.
    The fuckwittery comment wasn't mine. I simply said that the Brits invented Fuckwhittery after it was implied that we had taken the concept and run with it. I addressed the move comments in my previous post.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Very similar to what Lakoff is arguing. I recommend the article in the link I posted when you have time.
    thanks i will read it

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Yawn... did I wander into the big boys room says the vicious little fellow throwing his toys around? I must day you are a fine one to mince your words... "put up or shut up," "free to leave" etc etc.... you used these expressions knowing full well their real meaning and then try to imply otherwise. You, Glenn, are a rude and patronising fellow. You talk about the whining left. What about the bullying conniving right. The rich industrialists manipulating the foot soldiers of he tea party into objecting to the very things most likely to help them? Instead you offer abrasive abuse here. Play polite. Argue politely. That is grown up behaviour.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

firstly I would like to know why so many on the left make fun of the GOP
    Because opposing parties make fun of each other. What? You think it’s lopsided? You think Fox, and Palin and Cruz etc. or just conservative folks sittin' around the table don’t make fun of the left? Perhaps you simply find our humor more biting because it’s closer to the bone.

Also do do you think it's hostile and passive aggressive to rebut with a snarky comment first in a political discussion then apologize further down the line in attempt to come across as genuine?

These questions are based on comments made by Bronco and Trish in the Pete Seeger thread.
    I remember coming across as genuine, but I don’t remember apologizing.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Quote Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
    Yawn... did I wander into the big boys room says the vicious little fellow throwing his toys around? I must day you are a fine one to mince your words... "put up or shut up," "free to leave" etc etc.... you used these expressions knowing full well their real meaning and then try to imply otherwise. You, Glenn, are a rude and patronising fellow. You talk about the whining left. What about the bullying conniving right. The rich industrialists manipulating the foot soldiers of he tea party into objecting to the very things most likely to help them? Instead you offer abrasive abuse here. Play polite. Argue politely. That is grown up behaviour.
    You did wander into the big boys room and like the scared condescending little fellow you are you hide behind some false belief that you are polite. The full and total meaning of the quotes you used above are exactly what they say, you are free to leave nothing more nothing less, and put up or shut is also pretty self explanatory, no need to try and have a hidden meaning in it. What about the bullying conniving right? I haven't extolled any of their virtues save for the ability to organise and accomplish their agenda.Please do yourself a favor and think before you say things like polite and grown up before you open a comment the way you did. Glass houses. Now scamper back to Pre K and tell all your friends how Glenn the bully made fun of you again. BOO Fucking Hoo. Was that not grown up or polite? BTW that actually was patronizing.

1 out of 2 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Cut the abuse Glen.

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Because opposing parties make fun of each other. What? You think it’s lopsided? You think Fox, and Palin and Cruz etc. or just conservative folks sittin' around the table don’t make fun of the left? Perhaps you simply find our humor more biting because it’s closer to the bone.

I am sure it's lopsided, because while the left is sitting around making fun and alienating people the right are organising and accomplishing their goals.

I remember coming across as genuine, but I don’t remember apologizing.
    There you go again being self important again, I mentioned two people in the quote, did it ever occur to you that it wasn't directed at you.

0 out of 2 members liked this post.