Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Re Member Junior Poster

Default Re: Do you challenge folks that stare?

I don't challenge people who stare. It's harmless to me. It's when people feel it's their place to get out of line with me that I get testy with them.

Most people will stare at a 6'4" woman regardless, but when they have extended suspicion that she was born he they'll look a little longer. What's the worst that could happen? They're right and keep it to themselves? Good for them. Just let me be.

Senior Member Junior Poster qwerty94's Avatar

Default Re: Do you challenge folks that stare?

it used to really bother me when i'd be in a store or walking in the city and people would stare at me. coming from being flamboyantly gay to androgynous, i had a lot of experience with people staring at me like i was a freak.
    fast forward to present day, i don't care. generally, people are looking at me because where i live, people tend to be a tad country/simple(not derogatory, they just live simpler lives)... so, when i am wearing 5" jimmy choos and a violet romper, i stand out a bit. most of the time it's someone admiring my hair or my makeup.

it did take me a long time to get to this point in my life where i don't care, but i am sooooo happy i made it. you will too- it just takes time

ETA: i don't live in the middle of no where, there are just a lot of tourists from the midwest/rural areas. lol

0 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Last edited by qwerty94; 02-04-2014 at 02:30 AM.
    dancer at a cis club... and I love it