Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2025262728293031 LastLast

Default Re: The Concept Of Being "God Fearing"

The universe , and all it's unholy creations: Atoms, fungus , ai's and gods.
    I fear such things.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

That's like the kidney being fearful of the body and all its squishy constituents: the cells, the liver, the lungs and the spine.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by nitron View Post
    The universe , and all it's unholy creations: Atoms, fungus , ai's and gods.
    I fear such things.
    I wonder if we have lost the wonder of seeing the night sky as it 'is' rather than as it is. The last time I was in Canada we went to a remote location in northern Ontario, and at night the sky was a fabulous curtain of stars that can only strike awe into the mind of man. It is from this astonishing sight that so much about human life on earth and 'up there', in past present and future has been created, derived, imagined and probed, that without it we either rely on films and tv, or probably don't think about it at all, because we cannot see it with the naked eye. For most people who live as I do in urban areas, the best you can hope for from the night sky is the Moon, maybe the vague outline of the Plough. It does not automatically follow that seeing stars invokes the need or belief in a superior creator but perhaps it does offer a corrective to the arrogance of humans who believe themselves superior to everything else. The latest shots from Jupiter, in addition to its sounds, reminds us that we are fortunate to live in a quiet neighbourhood of the universe, and that however much power we acquire, there is always going to be something 'out there' more powerful than ourselves.

3 out of 3 members liked this post.

Speaking for myself, the feeling of wonder hasn't been lost. If anything, it's stronger.
    As I view the vast magnificence, with my present day eyes, I am also reminded of what I am part of...and I've never felt so certain and unafraid...and happy.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    That's like the kidney being fearful of the body and all its squishy constituents: the cells, the liver, the lungs and the spine.
    Nail on the head.
    You have the advantage of grasping some of the concepts that the scientific community's scratching the surface of. I am just content to see it as an endless jigsaw puzzle - I will never see solved, but occasionally a hint of a picture is completed, which I may not completely understand, but gives me a sense of clarity of 'being'.
    It's as if, for the blink of an eye, I have been shown the picture on the cover of the box...but I didn't have my reading glasses on...not enough to see clearly or fully understand, but enough to gain a feeling of security.
    We may not be cogs or gears, but at the very least we are perhaps molecules in the metal of those gears.
    It's beautiful.

3 out of 3 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Jediism, the worship of the mythology of Star Wars, is not a religion, the Charity Commission has ruled.

The commission rejected an application to grant charitable status to The Temple of the Jedi Order.

It said Jediism did not "promote moral or ethical improvement" for charity law purposes in England and Wales.
    In the 2011 census, 177,000 people declared themselves Jedi under the religion section, making it the the seventh most popular religion.
    It has more adherents than Rastafarians and Jains, according to the census.
    But the number of Jedis fell sharply from 2001, when 390,000 people said they were followers of The Force.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38368526

May the sauce be with you...

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    maybe not fear, but the kidney should (if possible) at the very least, be aware of what the other organs are up to. i don't know why, but i find the concept of everything being linked together quite beautiful and harmonic. i keep mine organs always up to date with the rest of my system.... i recommend you do too

Last edited by bluesoul; 12-21-2016 at 10:24 PM.

Senior Member Gold Poster holzz's Avatar

There is no such thing as God. If so, i wouldn't be on this forum anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by holzz View Post
    There is no such thing as God. If so, i wouldn't be on this forum anyhow.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cartoon tumblr_m2nuvbdjxo1r5hx3j-is-doomsday-the-other-villain-cast-in-batman-v-superman-dawn-of.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	17.5 KB 
ID:	986737

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Jediism, the worship of the mythology of Star Wars, is not a religion, the Charity Commission has ruled.

The commission rejected an application to grant charitable status to The Temple of the Jedi Order.

It said Jediism did not "promote moral or ethical improvement" for charity law purposes in England and Wales.
    In the 2011 census, 177,000 people declared themselves Jedi under the religion section, making it the the seventh most popular religion.
    It has more adherents than Rastafarians and Jains, according to the census.
    But the number of Jedis fell sharply from 2001, when 390,000 people said they were followers of The Force.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38368526

May the sauce be with you...
    Speaking of strange religions ,The Church of the Subgenius ,has got to be one of them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	church 3e5940922ee20aa4b4b7bfdb9e10a6fa.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	15.9 KB 
ID:	986738Click image for larger version. 

Name:	church bobslack.gif 
Views:	29 
Size:	25.2 KB 
ID:	986739
    I have seen that picture of the guy with the pipe many times over the years but never realized it was actually a "religion" until I stumbled across this recently.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_the_SubGenius
    I see they appear to be headquartered in the US and Canada but in 1992 they were involved in a brouhaha in Bedfordshire,UK.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/archiv...-b179-9641c152