Professional Poster

Default Oral sex and HIV

Is it possible to get infected from just oral sex. Ive been told its not possible to catch it that way.
    I know you can catch other things from unprotected oral but what about HIV?

yes its possible.... no offence to you my friend ... are people really in the dark about such matters?

not as risky as anal, but anywhere where body fluids meet there's a risk so if you think of oral as well as pre-cum, cum, there's blood ... ie any cuts, sores, bleeding gums or other inflamation. the danger with oral & anal i guess it provides hiv a direct route to the intestine where the virus can reproduce

Party Goddess Platinum Poster AllanahStarrNYC's Avatar

There is not one proven case of HIV transmition through oral sex.

The only way to catch HIV is through intercouse. ANd it is still probabe. Because you sleep wth someonewho is positive doesn not mention you automatically get infected. There have been studies of long term partners where one partner is positive and the other is not and the negative partner remains negative. It just means you are more at risk.

In fact, here is a god example. I knew a couple who oe partnet was positive and the other negative. The negative partner kept on getting tested because they did not use condoms for oral. The positive partners physician advised the negative partner that a monthly test wasnot necessary i th ey were using condoms for sex because the risks are so minimal from unprotected oral. And the virus does not latch on to your intestines- it goes into your blood stream through tiny tears in the skin from the friction during intercourse. In fact if youswalloed, it is likely the hydrochloric acid that is in your stomach would instantly kill the virus.

I would be more worried about other visible STD's from unprotected oral. I.E. SOres on the penis, fluid discharge, warts. These are very easily transmittable if the person is infected at the time.

Professional Poster

Thank you Allanah,
    This backs up exactly what my doctor told me.
    I'll be sure to swallow next time LOL!

P.S I guess some people are still in the dark about such matters, no offense

Still Here 5 Star Poster

you can get other STDs from giving a blow job to an infected partner. Syphilis, shigella (if the receiver has just topped someone else), gonorrhea and Hep A can be transmitted during unprotected oral sex. These are not necessarily dependent on whether you spit or swallow. All of these STDs are three to five times more likely to be transmitted to the giver if either partner is HIV+.

popper, i wouldn't recommend swallowing. better to be safe than sorry. However if you do swallow, be sure to rinse with listerine afterward.

Professional Poster

I was joking about the swallowing but dam it seem like you cant do anything now.
    Giving oral with a condom really sucks(excuse the pun)!

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Actually you'd be safer to swallow than to spit (unless you had a stomach ulcer) the stomach's acids would kill everything. If you spit it's likely to get caught behind gums, forced into small gaps between teeth and gums, etc.

Personally - why would

you want to do either....

seanchai

This Forum I think is really good at answering a lot of different question about the ways hiv can spread or can't.

Party Goddess Platinum Poster AllanahStarrNYC's Avatar

lets be contraversal

www.virusmyth.com