Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rookie Poster

Default one day people will let people live and just be them

thought it was good for the most part is a good start to people seeing some parts of our life....also is a group that might help even more to talk about this sad but true story of life http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GwenAraujo/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gwenaraujo_669.jpg 
Views:	1072 
Size:	12.9 KB 
ID:	49181  

THE DOMINICAN CHICK WITH A DICK

http://myspace/nyc_shemale

www.tsnicedoll.com

Professional Poster

Hey, the movie was well done and I personally thought it was one of the most heart-wrenching stories I have ever heard or seen. Being a straight guy with a gay brother who died of aids and having had at least one open relationship with a very beautiful TS -- it sickens me that even though she may have "potentially" deceived them - she did no desreve to die. Most men, espeically homophobics like them can tell - I think they knew and were scared to face their demons.

But, I am not bad deeds go unpunished...

Professional Poster

I confess no prior knowledge of this womans life and death story, so I read the Rolling Stone transcript from the link posted. I can't tell you how angry and appalled I felt after reading the whole story of this tragedy. I did see the movie last night and found it to be a quality effort. Not near as brutal as Gwen's reality, but hey, it's made for TV.

I thought the acting was very good as well as the screenplay. I remember thinking at one point when there was some small kissing scenes, that there was 2 straight actors doing the kissing. ( At least I believe them to be straight).

As xxMelania4uxx said, she was in over her head by not telling her male friends before anal sex that she was a TS. It in no way excuses the reaction from the shit heads who over reacted and killed her. The irony here if you allow me, they were pissed off about having anal with "a guy", now I hope they are on the receiving end of anal sex with prison "bubbas"

Like Allanah, I thought 2 second degree murder convictions and 2 manslaughter convictions was a gift to the killers.

If anything, for myself, this story brings the reality of trangendered people and their struggles often at an early age to find a way to overcome a "dissadvantage" (for lack of a better word), and to "fit in" and be accepted in this world. I think we guys here who visit the HA board might lose sight of this reality when we're oggling pic after pic posted here, like life for TG's is a bowl of cherries. It might be for a few but hardly for many.........OK I'm done.

Rookie Poster

Coincidentally, this past weekend I recieved Beautiful Boxer from Netflix. For those of you who are bummed out and disheartened by the Lifetime movie, I recommend giving the other one a look. I recommend Beautiful Boxer regardless. It is good for so many reasons, and it has a happy ending. The last ten minutes are so touching I was bawling my fucking eyes out.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0401248/

took me a while to find the Lifetime channel on my cable box. not sure that was part of my cable package. plus it was opposite the Mets-Reds game.

I'm not making light of this. did the movie deal with how horrible this crime was?

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by flabbybody
    took me a while to find the Lifetime channel on my cable box. not sure that was part of my cable package. plus it was opposite the Mets-Reds game.

I'm not making light of this. did the movie deal with how horrible this crime was?
    No flabby, not really. Would have to had been too graphic for most viewers. Having read the RS account and seeing movie was a good blend of both.

Rookie Poster

I just don't understand this kind of stuff. I mean I know that trans girls want to be treated and viewed as genetic girls, thus they might not tell the new people they meet. What those guys did to her, and what has happend to other transgendered in the past is unexcusable and wrong. Nobody deserves to die or even be hurt for fear of being called a "fag" or somthing like that. But at the same time, I don't understand how you trans girls can not tell a guy what your all about. I guess it's a double edged sword. Tell them and they look at you differently, look at you as trans instead of a woman. Don't tell them and they could very well flip out if and when they find out.
    Either way I hope these guys get what's coming to them.

Is the movie going to come out on DVD?

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Re: The Gwen Araujo story

Trained in the Ways of Men

I saw this film about Gwen referred to on another board, it was made in 2007

Trained in the Ways of Men (2007) - IMDb

I believe there is a clip on YouTube

Professional Poster NatashaLover's Avatar

Thank you for sharing, I saw this and was very sad for days. Yes Logo is also airing lots of trans documentals, I think Ophra is trans.

"Flush Beats a Full House"

"Gold is not the only thing that shines baby!"

Professional Poster

I wrote a paper and presented Powerpoint, for my Masters degree, on Violence against TS/TG's. As I was searching for a topic I came across the account of Gwen's murder in or local newspaper. I was saddened, but so angry that these assholes would do such a thing to another human being. It was my research that brought me here and to other sights, as well as being an advocate for the LBGTQ community.