Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Professional Poster

Default The Gwen Araujo story

Lifetime is airing A Girl Like Me: The Gwen Araujo story on June 19th. Should be pretty interesting. For those not familiar with the story: http://www.rollingstone.com/news/sto...boy_named_gwen

Shush girl, shut your lips
    Do the Helen Keller and talk with your hips

Veteran Poster

It's sad how society can drive people to murder b/c they are afraid of "labels". I'd rather be "gay" than a "murderer".

What a bunch of fucking idiots. I hope the rot in jail.

If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for anything.

*Out of respect for the women here I've officially retired the 2nd half of my signature*

What a bunch of fucking idiots. I hope the rot in jail
    I hope they get butt fucked in jail

Junior Poster

I think its wrong 4 the boys 2 kill her but she should of never had sex with them if they didnt know she was a Transgendered person.

Rookie Poster

Default Going to watch it

I saw the ad in Parade and I plan to watch the movie. I really knew nothing about it until I saw this post. It's like the same thing as that movie..the soldier's girl or something..very, very sad. It is so vital that we be who we are and not take so much energy and emotion into playing a role.

Dunkiexxx

Quote Originally Posted by xxMelania4uxx
    I think its wrong 4 the boys 2 kill her but she should of never had sex with them if they didnt know she was a Transgendered person.
    Agreed. The whole scenario is a mirror image of the Brandon Teena case, where the guys killed him because they felt 'gay', even though Brandon was genetically female. They just couldn't deal with having been attracted to a male (Even a TG male).

I hope they get butt fucked in jail
    For justice to be truly served they would have to get ass-fucked and then whacked in the face with a frying pan.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Party Goddess Platinum Poster AllanahStarrNYC's Avatar

I just watched this film and thought it was very well done. Though the actor who played Gwen, was not a ts, he played the part very well and looked pretty good when dressed up.

Funny, I saw two ts programs today. Eve Ansler's TS version of "The Vagina Monologues' on LOGO and this.

Both chillingly reminded me of the dangers and violence that we as as transsexuals women face; something I tend to forget living in my own microcosm.

What is most disturbing about the Gwen case is that none of the killers were convicted of hate crimes, only second degree murder and manslaughter.

It's really frightening how threatening this gender can be to so many people.

If you have the chance, watch this film.

2008 AVN Transsexual Performer Of The Year
    www.TransexualStarr.com
    www.Facebook.com/AllanahStarr

Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

Why watch it now? you just told me the outcome.....................ugh I can't stand you fuckin movie spoilers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I think it would have been impressive for Lifetime to hire a transgender actress for the role, but they chose not to go that route, foolish IMO

CBS & NBC flirted with crossdressers on sitcoms in the late 80's/ early 90's...............although short-lived they had the balls to do it

but then again Lifetime watchers usually have no balls
    hehehehe

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

Party Goddess Platinum Poster AllanahStarrNYC's Avatar

HMMM JWB- this story was in the media for years and the sentencing was done before the film was aired. All of the facts are public knowledge. It's not spoiling the film it discussing facts.

http://www.jaimesite.homestead.com/gwenaraujo.html

2008 AVN Transsexual Performer Of The Year
    www.TransexualStarr.com
    www.Facebook.com/AllanahStarr

Senior Member Veteran Poster

It was a good movie, made me feel sad that it could (and does) happen. I suppose it was good they showed a lover of her's in a good light (the construction worker). The mother's dream sequences and emotions were slightly overdone, but it was the Lifetime channel. I'm happy the movie was made... Gwen, I hope you're in peace.