Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Default Re: Do nice guys finish last?

In polite society the bottom is allowed to climax first before the top finishes. It's basic logistics when you think about it.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Trans admirer and friend Junior Poster

in short term dating , 1 month to 2 years (just ballpark figure)...

Nice guys do indeed finish last. Women like the bad boy (i.e. not a pussy), and generally dismiss the nice guys.

fast forward to , the real relationship, the one you might marry 2+ years. The bad boy thing wears off and is no longer attractive to a woman. Well, being nice goes a long way for long term.

Women want to DATE a bad boy, but what really gets them is MARRYING a nice guy.

so Nice guys do finish last, but finish best. (assuming the girl is worth it and Indeed a nice girl herself)

Senior Member Junior Poster goatman's Avatar

Why? Call it a combination of atavistic hardwiring--basically, we're STILL animals [with MANY a female still seeking to mate with the dominant Alpha male]--and commercial-entertainment/marketing brainswashing[everything broadcast via the market-driven media--i.e people in Hollywood & Madison Ave/Herald Sq trying to play off people's self-esteem/self worth/ self image issues in order to sell shit]...

That shit has a way of backfiring, though...

Last edited by goatman; 01-15-2014 at 06:55 PM.

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Nope. Nice guys finish first.

You can't just be "nice" though. You have to team that with confidence. You have to have a sense of humour. You can't just be superficially "nice" - you need to be honest and genuine. You need to engage people in more than "just about you".

Also you can't be "nice" all the time. You need to have principles, stand your ground, defend your position and protect your friends.

Although some might find it hard to believe (from some of the responses I've posted here), I've been a nice guy my whole life. When younger (teens & university) it certainly seemed that being nice wasn't working - but as soon as I found my confidence to be who I wanted to be, and not try to base my persona on what my perception of what was "cool" then it all fell together.

Being nice has enabled me to finish far from last - and usually at the top.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Nice guys sometimes finish first... and sometimes last. No hard and fast rules in my book. Play it as it lays.

Senior Member 5 Star Poster Jamie French's Avatar

It's not being a nice guy. It''s lack of confidence. No one likes an asshole either but everyone likes someone who is on top of their shit and knows what they want. Also, a major turn off is people who complain about the 'nice guy' thing as if simply being a nice guy is all a girl should require. Pointing fingers and complaining about how you don't get anyone because of the way you act means you're essentially self serving and probably couldn't handle the give and take it takes to be in a relationship with a real person anyhow. It's passive aggressive bullshit.

If you've identified that your 'nice guy' personality is the root of the issue but you feel you shouldn't have to change, just admit that you're better off with a real doll and leave the rest of humanity alone.

1 out of 2 members liked this post.
    26 lifetime passes left to my site for my face surgery. Help out, gimme your email & I'll make it worth your while. https://life.indiegogo.com/fundraise...-surgery-funds

My @clips4sale store... updated every day for the next year and a half, starting... NOW. http://clips4sale.com/20182

http://deadgirlproductions.com/
    http://www.tsjamiefrench.com
    http://www.twitter.com/Jamie_French

In my experience, "Nice guys" finish[keyword : "finish"]....
    "Bad Boys" ultimately end up as fertilizer...or locked up with WORSE guys like Bubba...
    And the girls that pine for them[Bad boys]...? Usually end up ALONE. Either trying to raise a bunch of his[their--'cause she could never stop @just one] kids
    alone or relying on her [eventually] fading looks/charms to snag a new sucker...
    There's a reason why Neanderthals & Cro-Magnons aren't walking the Earth today in large numbers: CAVEMEN AREN'T BUILT TO LAST...
    They have a low life expectancy and any girl "in love"/addicted to them better get used to the idea of a cold & empty cave after the embers of passion have burned out...

Focus on developing yourself into being the best "you" you can be & don't buy into any of the surface b.s. out there...You'll end up happier, healthier, & hopefully that'll attract somebody worthwhile...my twopence...

Professional Poster lifeisfiction's Avatar

Being nice, is not being weak or lack confidence. If you don't know want means to be nice, its to be polite courteous, well spoken and mannered. If those a bad traits well too bad. Even holding doors is something archaic. So being nice is being nice. Why do girls like bad boys, the challenge, false confidence and the fact they have to work harder to get something out of them. If you don't date a bad boy and it goes bad don't complain, you know full well what you are walking into.

From my experience, not every it depends what they are looking for at the moment. But to be honest you have to ask yourself, what do you want. Do you want to get laid well nice guys are looked upon as marriage material not for the now and dirty. Do you want to get laid, well bad boys have aggressive attitude that can seem to satisfy their hunger. Same can be said about nice girls and bad girls. Which one do you prefer will depend on what you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by lifeisfiction View Post
    Being nice, is not being weak or lack confidence. If you don't know want means to be nice, its to be polite courteous, well spoken and mannered. If those a bad traits well too bad. Even holding doors is something archaic. So being nice is being nice. Why do girls like bad boys, the challenge, false confidence and the fact they have to work harder to get something out of them. If you don't date a bad boy and it goes bad don't complain, you know full well what you are walking into.

From my experience, not every it depends what they are looking for at the moment. But to be honest you have to ask yourself, what do you want. Do you want to get laid well nice guys are looked upon as marriage material not for the now and dirty. Do you want to get laid, well bad boys have aggressive attitude that can seem to satisfy their hunger. Same can be said about nice girls and bad girls. Which one do you prefer will depend on what you are looking for.
    Co-Sign

Professional Poster lifeisfiction's Avatar

I do apologize for the grammar, it just annoys me when people really think that being nice is a poor trait.