Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011

Default Re: Do nice guys finish last?

Quote Originally Posted by SheWantsTheD View Post
    The problem is that too many people worry about what others will think of them, their thoughts, their actions, their friends, their social status, their income etc etc. If you want a girl tell her you want her. If she doesn't like you because you are too nice then fuck the bitch. If you are only being nice because you thought thats what she wanted to see then cut that shit out and just be your damn self.
    Once you are in a relationship with someone and you know what pisses the other person off and what makes them happy then sure, you can compromise on some things. Until then, don't worry about it.
    Stop trying to impress strangers.
    Well said. Thanks.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    "IT IS WHAT IT IS"

Senior Member Veteran Poster Lovecox's Avatar

There is a book by Dr. Robert A. Glover entitled "No More Mr. Nice Guy" that explains the "nice guy" syndrome.
    In the book he explains that most "nice guys" are not so nice after all! That in fact they are mostly passive-aggressive types who are not entirely honest about their needs and expect favors in return for 'being nice'.
    I have noticed that many guys who label themselves 'nice guys' are always complaining that they get treated badly. "I took her to dinner, I bought her flowers, blah, blah, blah ... and she didn't agree to be my girlfriend. Poor me! Sob, sob!" They have an expectation. Expectations not met lead to resentment.
    Women want a man who is assertive, knows what he wants, and is not afraid or ashamed of his drives. It doesn't mean he has to be a jerk; he can be respectful but also direct and honest.
    They DON'T want a man who "acts" nice and then feels entitled to something in return. Or a whiner who is wallowing in self pity and brimming with resentment.
    Hey, Mr. "nice guy", stop complaining and get out there and get what you want because if you don't someone else will.

3 out of 3 members liked this post.

Rookie Poster