Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Professional Poster

Default Question about immigrating a tgirl to the US?

A friend of mine whos been living full time as a women for quite awhile now has an photo ID that identifies her as female, drivers license i think..I dont know what strings she pulled but it leads me into the next question.

Say you went to outside the US(Thailand/Brazil etc) and met a tgirl that you liked well enough to marry and bring back to the states...Has anyone ever heard of that being done?? How hard does immigration look at the actual gender of the person in question?? Do they physically examine them or ???....

Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

in this day & age with all of this "Sleeper Cell" bullshit/hype being promoted through the media everyone is tense especially anyone dealing with anything that has to do with immigration..............

about 40% of the girls I used to see in a local town here in NYC have been kicked out and sent back to wherever they came from............

a few girls that are still here claim they have a helluva time getting ID but I don't really think they try hard, thats just IMO, I could be wrong.........

as far as being physically examined, that's a good question, I'll have to ask some girls I know, never heard it come up before

there was a documentary (I forgot which cable channel, there's sooooooooo many doing reality shows) about a guy from the states who married a ts from Thailand, they live overseas though, I only watched about 1/3 of the show

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

After my first trip to Thailand back in 2003 I developed a strong relationship with a ladyboy from Bangkok.We communicated daily on the computer and soon I realized I wanted to bring her to the US. I visited the LA chapter of Gay&Lesbian center and spoke to their inhouse attorney.

Basically he said the ONLY chance of getting her here was for her to have SRS,then marry her legally,and then MAYBE I could get her into the country...of course,that didnt happen and I left AmeriKKKa,and now live in Thailand,where im still very good friends with that girl .

For many nations esp.Thailand where they dont have any political refugee loopholes its very hard for any immigrant to get into AmeriKKKa without major $ in the bank to prove that as soon as they arrive they wont disappear into the system and never leave.

Hope this helps.

DJ Asia

Party Goddess Platinum Poster AllanahStarrNYC's Avatar

LMAO at that avatar of me- and the REAL back story behind it- which I just recently found out. im not gonna go into details- but i kinda got stuck with that actor cause the part was turned down by someone else and i have no idea until very recently- really a strange coincidence-

lol and u know who you are

6 degrees of speration i tell ya

2008 AVN Transsexual Performer Of The Year
    www.TransexualStarr.com
    www.Facebook.com/AllanahStarr

Quote Originally Posted by AllanahStarrNYC
    LMAO at that avatar of me- and the REAL back story behind it- which I just recently found out. im not gonna go into details- but i kinda got stuck with that actor cause the part was turned down by someone else and i have no idea until very recently- really a strange coincidence-

Still hot as hell, if you don't mind me saying so....

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by AllanahStarrNYC

I have that movie. You made the vid! The guy stunk!

Professional Poster

Thanks JWBL, thats some good insights....Thank you as well DJAsia, but i think your attorney there was a little more moralistic then the situation I envisioned>

Party Goddess Platinum Poster AllanahStarrNYC's Avatar

darling i think DJ was pretty much on the money
    this is from the us immigration website-
    assuming that yout friends' friend has female documentation and that she is his fiance- other wise, the goverment is not gonna even consider bringing in someone to the us u are not planning to marry

application for a fiance visa:

What Is a “Fiancé(e)”?

A fiancé(e) is a person who is engaged or contracted to be married. The marriage must be legally possible according to laws of the state in the United States where the marriage will take place.

In general, the two people must have met in person within the past two years. The Department of Homeland Security's U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) grants some exceptions to this requirement. For example, it may be contrary in some traditions for a man and woman to meet before marriage.

Sometimes the USCIS considers a person a "fiancé(e)" even though a marriage contract has been concluded. In such cases, the American citizen petitioner and his/her spouse have not met, and they have not consummated the marriage.

How Does a Fiancé(e) Visa Work?

Suppose you are an American citizen and you want your foreign fiancé(e) to travel to the United States to marry you and live in the U.S. You must file, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) in the United States.

Filing the Petition

You must file the Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), Form I-129F with the Department of Homeland Security's U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) office that serves the area where you live. See the Department of Homeland Security's USCIS Field Offices for information on where you can file the petition. Note: You cannot file this petition at an embassy, consulate or U.S. immigration office abroad.

After the USCIS approves the petition, it sends the petition to National Visa Center for processing, prior to being sent the embassy or consulate where your fiancé(e) will apply for a K-1 nonimmigrant visa for a fiancé(e).

Extending the Petition

The I-129F petition is valid for four months from the date of approval from USCIS. Consular officers can extend the validity of the petition (revalidate the petition) if it expires before the processing of the visa application is completed.

A Fiancé(e) Is Also an Immigrant

Because a fiancé(e) visa permits the holder to immigrate to the U.S. and marry an American citizen shortly after arrival in the United States, the fiancé(e) must meet some of the requirements of an immigrant visa.

Applying for a Visa

The consular section at the embassy or consulate where you, the fiancé(e) of an American citizen, will apply for a visa tells you of any additional specific requirements, such as where you need to go for the required medical examination. The following is required:

A passport valid for travel to the United States and with a validity date at least six months beyond the applicant's intended period of stay in the United States.
    Birth certificate
    Divorce or death certificate of any previous spouse for both the applicant and the petitioner
    Police certificate from all places lived since age 16
    Medical examination (vaccinations are optional, see below)
    Evidence of financial support (Form I-134, Affidavit of Support may be requested.)
    Two Nonimmigrant Visa Applications, Form DS-156 (A Form DS-156, prepared in duplicate.)
    One Nonimmigrant Fiancé(e) Visa Application, Form DS-156K
    Two nonimmigrant visa photos (each two inches 50 X 50 mm square, showing full face, against a light background)
    Evidence of a fiancé relationship
    Payment of fees, as explained below.
    The consular officer may ask for additional information according to the circumstances of the case. Documents in foreign languages should be translated.

Take clear, legible photocopies of civil documents, such as birth and marriage certificates, to the interview. Original documents can then be returned to you.

Fees - How Much Does It Cost?

Fees are charged for the following services:

Filing an Alien Fiancé(e) Petition, Form I-129F
    Nonimmigrant visa application processing fee
    Medical examination (costs vary from post to post)
    Fingerprinting fees, if required
    Other costs may include translation and photocopying charges, fees for getting the documents required for the visa application (such as passport, police certificates, birth certificates, etc.), and expenses for travel to the embassy or consulate for an interview. Costs vary from country to country and case to case.
    Filing Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status
    For current fees for Department of State, government services select Fees.

Vaccination Requirements

All applicants for immigrant visas are required to have the following vaccinations if appropriate for age, medical condition or medical history:

Mumps
    Measles
    Rubella
    Polio
    Tetanus and diptheria toxoids
    Pertussis
    Influenza type B
    Hepatitis B
    Varicella
    Pneumococcal
    As a fiancé(e), you are not required to fulfill this requirement at the time of your medical examination for a fiancé(e) visa. However, you may want to do so. These vaccinations are required when you adjust status following your marriage.

What Must Happen After Getting the Fiancé(e) Visa?

After getting the fiancé(e) visa, your fiancé(e) enters the U.S. through a U.S immigration port-of-entry. The U.S. immigration official gives your fiancé(e) instructions on what to do when he/she enters the United States. You must get married within 90 days of your fiancé(e)’s entry into the United States.

After marriage, your spouse must file Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status with the USCIS office that serves the area where you live in the United States. You must fill out the Affidavit of Support, Form I-864, with the USCIS for your spouse's application to become a lawful permanent resident (LPR). See Permanent Resident http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/faqsgen.htm#greencard to go to the Department of Homeland Security's, USCIS internet site.

Can a K-1 Visa Holder Leave the United States?

The K-1 visa allows a fiancé(e) to enter the United States one time only. If you leave the United States after entering on a K-1 visa, you may not re-enter on the same visa. If you want to leave and re-enter the United States, you should apply with Form I-131 Application for Travel Document to the USCIS office that serves the area where you live for advance parole to return to the United States. See Emergency Travel for information on how to get a travel document that allows you to return to the United States.

Can a K-1 Visa Holder Work in the United States?

As a K-1 visa holder you may file Form I-765 Application for Employment Authorization with the USCIS office that serves the area where you live for a work permit (employment authorization document). For more information see How Do I Get a Work Permit (Employment Authorization Document )?

2008 AVN Transsexual Performer Of The Year
    www.TransexualStarr.com
    www.Facebook.com/AllanahStarr

A fiancé(e) is a person who is engaged or contracted to be married. The marriage must be legally possible according to laws of the state in the United States where the marriage will take place.
    If you want to truly test this, establish residency in Massachusetts (Assuming the person does not already live there) and engage the assistance of a friendly politico (Congressman Barney Frank would be the top pick).

If the INS balks at the gender question then play it as a 'same-sex' union under the new MA laws and quibble with the gender questions after the intended is on US soil with a legal document in hand that shows wedded bliss.

This is getting interesting.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

You're right about establishing residency in Mass first, B1. An obscure law was invoked by Romney and cronies to prevent anyone whose native state would not recognize the marriage as valid from marrying in Mass under the same sex protection.