Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28333435363738

Thread: Goodbye

We all love a little Miss Meadows. Veteran Poster

Default Re: Goodbye

Quote Originally Posted by gaysian71 View Post
    And the advances in technology just keep coming, so it never gets boring.
    That's definitely one of the things that appeals to me about this field: you are always learning new things and always studying. It's kinda like being an academic only you do something essential for commerce and draw a good paycheck without first having to suffer through 6-10 years of graduate school and another decade of crappy adjunct jobs.

Senior Member Silver Poster MrFanti's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: Goodbye

Quote Originally Posted by tsmirandameadows View Post
    passed several IT certification exams and am currently studying for the Cisco Certified Network Associate, and just yesterday I finished the requirements for my bachelor's degree. I got a little bit of a thrill today when I calculated my graduating GPA and realized I cleared 3.70,
    Congrats to you & those IT Certs will get you far! For an added "plus", you also might want to get one of the SANS (GSEC/GSLC) certifications too!

Again, congrats to ya!

Quote Originally Posted by MrFanti View Post
    Congrats to you & those IT Certs will get you far! For an added "plus", you also might want to get one of the SANS (GSEC/GSLC) certifications too!

Again, congrats to ya!
    Cool, I'll definitely check those out as they've appeared on various job descriptions I've looked at. After I've got the CCNA knocked out -- either in September or October depending upon what the surgery date gets finalized to -- my plan is to first and foremost get an enterprise IT job, most likely at the help desk but preferably as a junior network engineer, but also to keep pushing on to CCNP R&S. Once I've passed the three CCNP exams, I'll probably branch out and pick up entry level certs for other vendors, i.e. MCSA Server 2012 R2, RHCSA, CCA-V, etc., quite possibly including the certs you mentioned.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster nysprod's Avatar

That all sounds fantastic Miranda...looks like things are going well for you, which I'm very glad to see.

Phone keys gum condoms lube...I don’t want to be normal.

Senior Member Silver Poster MrFanti's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: Goodbye

Cool, I'll definitely check those out as they've appeared on various job descriptions I've looked at. After I've got the CCNA knocked out -- either in September or October depending upon what the surgery date gets finalized to -- my plan is to first and foremost get an enterprise IT job, most likely at the help desk but preferably as a junior network engineer, but also to keep pushing on to CCNP R&S. Once I've passed the three CCNP exams, I'll probably branch out and pick up entry level certs for other vendors, i.e. MCSA Server 2012 R2, RHCSA, CCA-V, etc., quite possibly including the certs you mentioned.
    GSEC is comparable to Sec + (although GSEC is slightly "better" IMHO) and GSLC is comparable to CISSP

Don't forget to check out employers paying for Certs too!

Best of luck to you!

Wow best of luck Miranda keep us updated on your news

revenge is a sweet little bitch

Well it's official: my surgery date for facial feminization and breast augmentation is September 24th.

4 out of 5 members liked this post.

Good luck Miranda...happy for you.

You're a pretty lady now...always thought you looked a bit like a young Susan Dey...(hey, what do I know ..)

be great to see the results after you heal...best of luck!

Rookie Poster

Congrats! I hope all goes well.