View Poll Results: Who are you pulling for Sunday?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Denver and Carolina

3 15.79%
  • Denver and San Francisco

9 47.37%
  • San Diego and Carolina

4 21.05%
  • San Diego and San Francisco

3 15.79%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Default Re: NFL Divisional Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by south ov da border View Post
    If only the mist were legal in the NFL. People do love to rib a Raider a bit more don't they?
    As a Raider fan in LA I'm boxed-in from both ends getting abuse from the Charger and Niner fans.

We might not have mist but Janikowski usually has liquor on his breath.

Verified account Silver Poster Ben in LA's Avatar

I remember that Raiders game as well. After supporting them during the Super Bowl (and being clowned as well) I had a revelation: why am I still supporting this team when they deserted my city (same with the Rams)? That day I adopted the Chargers as my team.

Obviously I'm disappointed with today's outcome...but as Radius Dark will tell you, I thought they'd go 6-10. I never DREAMED they'd make the playoffs, let alone win a game!

Now that my football season is over, it's time to suffer brought this Lakers season. I expected them to win 40 games this (rebuilding) year, but the way they're playing they'll win TWENTY.

And I'm not jumping on the Clippers' bandwagon.

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ben in LA View Post
    I remember that Raiders game as well. After supporting them during the Super Bowl (and being clowned as well) I had a revelation: why am I still supporting this team when they deserted my city (same with the Rams)? That day I adopted the Chargers as my team.

Obviously I'm disappointed with today's outcome...but as Radius Dark will tell you, I thought they'd go 6-10. I never DREAMED they'd make the playoffs, let alone win a game!

Now that my football season is over, it's time to suffer brought this Lakers season. I expected them to win 40 games this (rebuilding) year, but the way they're playing they'll win TWENTY.

And I'm not jumping on the Clippers' bandwagon.
    I painfully admit you upgraded becoming a Charger Fan. Embarrassing being a Raider fan now especially considering how we've run our mouths over the years. My dad loved them since the Lamonica days and passed them on to me.

You know what year Mark Davis was born in? Wikipedia has it narrowed down some. That Mongoloid is the owner of our team. Reminds me of Patton Oswalt from She Heart She Holler.

5 Star Poster south ov da border's Avatar

when I lived out in LA the best thing to me was being able to have a beer at a bar at 10 am and watch games. East coast people will never have an appreciation for how cool that is.

My mom passed me the Raiders gene. At least they got one title while I was living. Can't say the same for my Knicks yet.

and yes... that Patton Oswalt comparison is on point.

too much french fries, not enough shakes...

Why they fired Hue Jackson - after what I considered a successful 8-8 season, considering the coaches after Gruden - is beyond me. They've only won 8 games since.

I'll admit this though. If (when?) the Rams move back, they'll be my team...my NFC team. I'll still support the Bolts as my AFC team. If the RAIDERS come back, they'll have to win my support a bit, even though they were the first NFL team I saw in person.

Junior Poster

Why they fired Hue Jackson - after what I considered a successful 8-8 season, considering the coaches after Gruden - is beyond me. They've only won 8 games since.
    Hue Jackson irked John Madden and Ron Wolf for mortgaging the Raiders' future by landing Carson Palmer from the Bengals for a 1st and 2nd round pick. I don't think anybody had a problem with Jackson's coaching but he did try to take over the football personnel operation after Al Davis' passing and he wasn't qualified to serve in that capacity. Wolf and Madden advised Mark Davis to hire a real GM to oversee personnel decisions. Reggie McKenzie, the Raiders' eventual hire, worked 20 years in the Packers personnel department. He is a former Raider LB. McKenzie made the decision to let Jackson go.

Hue must've done SOMETHING right. Eight wins in one season (even when they started 7-4) is better than eight wins in TWO seasons.

Junior Poster

Hue must've done SOMETHING right. Eight wins in one season (even when they started 7-4) is better than eight wins in TWO seasons.
    Hue just got the Bengals offensive coordinator position. He is going to shine there.

He lost a power struggle in Oakland. The Raiders had so many dead contracts on the salary cap and lost draft picks that it would have been difficult for any coach to win there in 2012 and 2013. The Raiders are rebuilding the right way but it's going to be tough sledding in the AFC West until they find a QB.