Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Which Fella Is The Bigger Jerk?

Quote Originally Posted by RallyCola View Post
    if i end up in LA for the awards, we can discuss my next LA food tour.
    You fuckers meet up, you better give me a call...my departure time from Burbank Airport is like ten hours after hotel checkout...gonna definitely have a lot of time to kill.

I <3 Boobs + Blowjobs Platinum Poster RallyCola's Avatar

i hate it when that happens...sometimes i feel like i am better off staying an extra day to get a better flight.

Let's face it...some women just look better with their clothes ON

Senior Member Junior Poster Tina Francis's Avatar

The best Mexican I have ever had in LA was always at La Talpa. However I have not been there in years. Reviews are pretty good, tho.

http://thetalpa.com/

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tina Francis View Post
    The best Mexican I have ever had in LA was always at La Talpa. However I have not been there in years. Reviews are pretty good, tho.

http://thetalpa.com/
    Thanks for an excellent tip. I've eaten at Don Antonio's but need to go next door to La Talpa. I can always go for a good burrito. So strange how a thread can segue from necrophilia into culinary. Both fairly appetizing.

Quote Originally Posted by RallyCola View Post
    i hate it when that happens...sometimes i feel like i am better off staying an extra day to get a better flight.
    Can't avoid it...all the direct flights from that airport to New York leave that time...didn't want to use LAX.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Velvet View Post
    Thanks for an excellent tip. I've eaten at Don Antonio's but need to go next door to La Talpa. I can always go for a good burrito. So strange how a thread can segue from necrophilia into culinary. Both fairly appetizing.
    Please let us know. It's been 25 years or so, I started going there maybe around '70-71. It became our favorite hangout and was where I bought my first drink. Up til then they were illegal drinks.

Please let us know. It's been 25 years or so, I started going there maybe around '70-71. It became our favorite hangout and was where I bought my first drink. Up til then they were illegal drinks.
    I will post my review. Probably go there this week. Getting that burrito.

I'm an El Coyote guy. Been eating there since I was a kid in a highchair sitting with my folks. Over on Beverly Bl west of La Brea.

Rally, speaking of food tours, have you heard anything about pizza tours of NYC? If so, anything good? I been thinking of going on one. Luv NY style pie Yum.

"IT IS WHAT IT IS"

Went over to La Talpa the other day. Nice, small place directly next door to another Mexican place, Don Antonio's. Not very busy so I had plenty of time to order and chat about the place. Got my Burrito and left.

Got it home and it looked pretty much like the picture even though it was slamming back and forth in the truck during the ride home. Big burrito and very dense. Opened it up and had lots of shredded beef. Poured the green salsa on and ate it.

I rather enjoyed it. Very filling, for sure. The spice on the meat was a little different but still good. I also like the "wet topping" of sauce and cheese.

I would visit La Talpa again. This week I think I'll go to Gilbert's on Pico east of Cloverfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Velvet View Post
    Went over to La Talpa the other day. Nice, small place directly next door to another Mexican place, Don Antonio's. Not very busy so I had plenty of time to order and chat about the place. Got my Burrito and left.

Got it home and it looked pretty much like the picture even though it was slamming back and forth in the truck during the ride home. Big burrito and very dense. Opened it up and had lots of shredded beef. Poured the green salsa on and ate it.

I rather enjoyed it. Very filling, for sure. The spice on the meat was a little different but still good. I also like the "wet topping" of sauce and cheese.

I would visit La Talpa again. This week I think I'll go to Gilbert's on Pico east of Cloverfield.

...thanx for that...maybe i'll give 'em a try again...

Last edited by Tina Francis; 01-14-2014 at 10:14 PM. Reason: corrected some poor grammar