Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Should Trans People Have to Disclose Their Birth Gender Before Sex?

Avatar is not representative of the available product - contents may differ

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Default Re: Should Trans People Have to Disclose Their Birth Gender Before Sex?

Remarkable. The law pries into the bedroom again. Wholly wrong IMHO

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Silver Poster

i don't understand why someone wouldn't disclose what gender they were born as. there are people who are specifically looking to be with transgendered individuals (this forum is a testament to that)- and isn't it also just about being honest?

Senior Member Junior Poster gummi baer's Avatar

No. But you should disclose the name of every person you have previously had sex with--just to be sure.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.
    "But I said I don't like sour stuff."--Naota (FLCL)

We all love a little Miss Meadows. Veteran Poster

I think it's generally good policy, but ultimately it's the individual's decision to make.

Ratchet Ho Veteran Poster

It's bull fucking shit. I'd leave whatever country charged me with that "crime." Like I've done it before. I'm a criminal I guess.

She RoXXX! Professional Poster LilyRox's Avatar

No, they shouldn't have to tell their birth gender before sex. It's kind of a dick move if they don't though. (pun intended)

2 out of 3 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

A few facts in this case might change some people's perceptions of what they think happened, as it has not been made clear in the Paris Lees blog which Martin linked above; a blog which also does not tell the whole truth of the situation:

1) the appellant, Justine, was 13 years old when she made contact with M on the internet, M was a year younger.

2) They engaged in webchats etc for three years before agreeing to meet under the supervision of M's mother in the latter's home.

3) For three years Justine pretended to be 'Scott' and on the occasions when they met in M's house, when Justine was 17 and M 16 sexual activity consisting mostly of penetration of M took place; 'Scott' regularly wore a strap-on and may or may not have been, in fashion terms a 'goth' (this seems to be disputed).

4) There is some dispute as to whether or not Justine revealed to M that Scott was a girl before the Mother confronted Justine/Scott with the truth -the reaction of M was so severe it is believed she could not have known before the revelation that Scott was in fact female.

5) The legal issue is one of consent, which is why Justine/Scott was tried for sexual assault, and is complicated in this case because of the deception where in case law different modes of deception have led to successful prosecutions in some cases but not others -for example when someone, A deceives partner B as to their HIV status-another example in the appeal courts decisions related to the Julian Assange case where, it is alleged, sexual intercourse only took place on the understanding a condom would be used.

6) the key element of the judgement is M's right to consent to sexual intercourse with someone of her choosing:
    Thus while, in a physical sense, the acts of assault by penetration of the vagina are the same whether perpetrated by a male or a female, the sexual nature of the acts is, on any common sense view, different where the complainant is deliberately deceived by a defendant into believing that the latter is a male. Assuming the facts to be proved as alleged, M chose to have sexual encounters with a boy and her preference (her freedom to choose whether or not to have a sexual encounter with a girl) was removed by the appellant's deception. (My emphasis in bold).

To recap: the case involved a 17 year old and a 16 year old, one deceived the other over a period of three years and in physical encounters, we are not dealing with mature adults who met each other in a bar or online and agreed to have sex- there was a romantic element to the relationship between Justine/Scott and M where the element of deception, I suggest was qualitatively different from a hook-up.

The full judgement of the Court of Appeal is here:

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Crim/2013/1051.html

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Thanks Stavros

She RoXXX! Professional Poster LilyRox's Avatar

Thanks that clears a lot. I love how in the middle they randomly analyze her fashion style lol. She was probably emo. So they gonna call this rape and blame it on the music industry, video games or tele? That always seems to be the answer now days, it's never actually the person who did it. What she did was very deceptive and cruel. To actually lie to someone like that for 3 years is ridiculous. If I were her parents I would be worried because pathological lying is often a trait of murders who can't (or won't) perceive right from wrong.

Last edited by LilyRox; 01-01-2014 at 02:20 PM.