Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    She RoXXX! Professional Poster LilyRox's Avatar

Default Re: What is this Duck Dynasty shit going on?

Quote Originally Posted by BBaggins06 View Post
    You gotta get out of Indiana then Lily. There's not too much DD merch on the Magnificent Mile ....
    What do you mean? It's like the one of the most popular shows on. Pretty impressive for a network like A&E, but then again A&E is just selling out to shitty reality shows like every other network. The History channel is also shit now. It's all about redneck reality shows and aliens, like wtf.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by EvaCassini View Post
    This is pretty good. Watched it earlier today.

Enjoy

Thanks for posting that. I never watched the show.

Not much 'reality' in 'reality television'.

A&E 'suspended' Phil, but they still went ahead with 'Duck Dynasty Marathon', though. No such thing as bad publicity when you wanna sell advertising, I guess.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Junior Poster

lets face it being ignorant wont get you tossed off the air!

Insert Witty Title Here Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    It's not pc to bash anyone, but I appreciate that you think Christians get an unfair amount of abuse.
    I hope you said this with tongue planted firmly in cheek. Listening to Christians complain about how rough they have it in the US is like listening to straight, white males complain about how tough it is for them too. Every time one of my buddies goes on one of these rants I have to tear them down a bit.

I think it was Louis CK that pointed out being white and male is like winning the genetic lottery? Pretty funny and very accurate bit.

Senior Member Junior Poster goatman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LilyRox View Post
    What do you mean? It's like the one of the most popular shows on. Pretty impressive for a network like A&E, but then again A&E is just selling out to shitty reality shows like every other network. The History channel is also shit now. It's all about redneck reality shows and aliens, like wtf.
    Thank you, Lily...
    I could deal with the alien["Ancient Aliens"] as I'm a HUGE fan of the original Battlestar Galactica: "There are those who believe that life here began out there..." but afte "Swamp People", the "redneck reality" thing got old real quick!

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Little bit of yesterday as I still digest the bullshit from dinner. I don't come around my family often but am always shocked how religious they are. Anyway, politics tend to mix in and I'm not a fan of Obama either. I'm also not a Birther like a few of them. One of the elders gets ahold of me and tells me Obama is a Muslim from Indonesia on a mission to ruin America. I was about to try to reason with him out of it but his eyes looked more inviting toward confrontation. I asked him, "Why are you Christian?" He said nothing then I added, "You are a Christian because you are born in America and both of your parents are Christian. If you were born in Pakistan you might be Muslim and no more or less enlightened about God than anyone else". If you're not in their herd you're a Godless heathen so fuck it.

2 out of 3 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Velvet View Post
    Little bit of yesterday as I still digest the bullshit from dinner. I don't come around my family often but am always shocked how religious they are. Anyway, politics tend to mix in and I'm not a fan of Obama either. I'm also not a Birther like a few of them. One of the elders gets ahold of me and tells me Obama is a Muslim from Indonesia on a mission to ruin America. I was about to try to reason with him out of it but his eyes looked more inviting toward confrontation. I asked him, "Why are you Christian?" He said nothing then I added, "You are a Christian because you are born in America and both of your parents are Christian. If you were born in Pakistan you might be Muslim and no more or less enlightened about God than anyone else". If you're not in their herd you're a Godless heathen so fuck it.
    America was founder by the opportunist & profiteers, plus the fundamentalists, fanatics, the zealots, & the Puritans....

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by goatman View Post
    America was founder by the opportunist & profiteers, plus the fundamentalists, fanatics, the zealots, & the Puritans....
    Nothing wrong with Jesus or being a Christian but those Bible Thumpers give me a headache and get my sulfur up. Felt like turning into Vincent Price unleashing the theater of the macabre on the poor scared, scarred hand-folders. They fear God and Satan makes them hysterical. Where is love in their universe?

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Nothing wrong with Jesus or being a Christian but those Bible Thumpers give me a headache and get my sulfur up. Felt like turning into Vincent Price unleashing the theater of the macabre on the poor scared, scarred hand-folders. They fear God and Satan makes them hysterical. Where is love in their universe?
    Because they're zealots & fundamentalists....It's an inborn "GUILT-TRIP" going back to all the "King James Version" sponsored Indian-Killing, Piracy, Slave-trading, Smuggling,Profiteering etc...The flagellants have to find something to rail about, otherwise the dirt behind "God's Country", "the City On the Hill" & the Bible Belt seeps to the top...(Look at Prohibition & the Drug War)....