Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Default Re: What is this Duck Dynasty shit going on?

I will never ever figure out how die hard right wingers such as Bobvela come on this site. Knowing his ass is probably at church on sunday but buying tranny cock on saturday.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Quote Originally Posted by tjinla2001
    I haven't just let a single prostitute cum in my mouth. Hundreds- more likely thousands of transvesites have shot their loads in my mouth. God bless america
    I AM A GUY NOT A TRANSSEXUAL!

My beef with A&E is not that they did something illegal by suspending him, they clearly have the right to, but it smacks of hypocrisy. I'm fairly certain they knew EXACTLY what Phil's beliefs were on these topics when they hired him to be HIMSELF on a reality show. And now they punish him for speaking his mind to a magazine on his own time?

1 out of 4 members liked this post.

Senior Member Junior Poster goatman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ben in LA View Post
    Piyush Jindal had better be happy few of these idiots spat bullshit about folks of Asian Indian descent.

And this as well.
    [Unless they are of Sikh descent..., the good 'ol boys call 'em "Muslims" by default...]
    "Bobby" knows how to play the game[for long-term gain] as I'm sure others in his community do down there(Nikki Haley of South Carolina)
    You only have to remember George Allen's "macaca" put-down of an Indian-American Democratic staffer in N. Va to see what happens when others don't play along with their whole "model minority" game--i.e. "smile, shut up, go along with the program, don't rock the boat." Not much difference between that mindset & Phil remembering that the Black people working the fields when he younger were "...happy & weren't singing the blues..."
    Let some of those second and third generation Desis start voting overwhelmingly Democrat & competing for those coveted LSU slots & you'll start hearing a different tune from the Fox crowd...

Verified account Silver Poster Ben in LA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pointythingshurt View Post
    My beef with A&E is not that they did something illegal by suspending him, they clearly have the right to, but it smacks of hypocrisy. I'm fairly certain they knew EXACTLY what Phil's beliefs were on these topics when they hired him to be HIMSELF on a reality show. And now they punish him for speaking his mind to a magazine on his own time?
    They probably did. They also most likely stated in the contract to not reveal such an opinion because of the potential backlash.

Verified account Silver Poster Ben in LA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlüeKarma View Post
    He has said it isn't up to him to judge anyone. If he thinks a lifestyle is wrong, it's his opinion. I don't agree w/ anything he says, but getting upset over something some backwoods redneck says is silly.
    No...I don't like what he said. In fact, I just said whatever; that's his opinion. I'm upset because folks are bashing A&E for doing what they - as a private company - saw fit to do.

When Martin Bashir said what he said, I figured he'd get fired...and he did. My reaction at the time? He shouldn't have said that because it most likely violated a rule he had to abide by in his contract, so his termination (or his "resignation") was justified. Same thing with Alec Baldwin. Hell, it happened with Bill Maher as well!

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Veteran Poster Genetic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
    This forum is not responding to the other dimension of his hideous ignorance ... His remarks about the reality of life for African Americans. That such profound bigotry by an ignorant man should summon such a wellspring of support by major public figures ..
    As far as I'm aware, he didn't say that was the experience of every black man in America, he was talking about his experiences around black people, that they worked hard and were happy doing so. He does talk about welfare and entitlement, but I'm inclined to believe that's a universal point because the entitlement surrounding welfare is apparent in every walk of life, as is the resentment of those on it.

His comments about the LGBT community were very black and white whereas his personal experiences in his life aren't something that can be judged so easily, so presumably that's why that issue hasn't been covered so much.

Quote Originally Posted by pointythingshurt View Post
    You've been negged to fuck over your comment but you've raised a decent point. He apparently was only going to do the show if he could use it as a preaching platform which A&E wouldn't allow, so there was a lot of back and forth over what was acceptable and what wasn't. A&E have always known his views and it was inevitable that those views would become public so they share a responsibility in this.

0 out of 2 members liked this post.

Senior Member Silver Poster EvaCassini's Avatar

This is pretty good. Watched it earlier today.

Enjoy

3 out of 3 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

People have feelings, it's a little bit of a truism, isn't it? A broadcaster is airing an opinionated show of any kind, you will get people offended. All of this is business! Private interrests. It doesn't have anything to do whatsoever with the concept of "Freedom of Speech". If such a freedom had something to do with private interrests, Civil courts would loose a huge chunk of their jurisdiction, wouldn't it?
    Besides, arguing that people "shouldn't" get upset is like hoping the stars to be luminaries, or the moon to enlighten cities.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Anyways, the guys is... well...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0002.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	9.5 KB 
ID:	661566