Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: What is this Duck Dynasty shit going on?

The one gay guy who watches this show is PISSED!

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Like Video Games, and MMO's check out my video game blog... High Latency Life

"Impurity shall be my armor, Hate shall be my weapon, Immortality shall be my reward" - Chaos Marine Motto.

Senior Member Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by BBaggins06 View Post
    Another point that is completely ignored by right wing nuts, is that if Phil had an "evil" union representing him, he probably never would have been suspended. Sucks working in an at-will state, doesn't it?
    No... if he had an "evil" union (or just a regular one) representing him... he'd still be suspended, then the union would enter arbitration with A&E, and after a multi-month back and forth he'd either leave the show or receive back pay.

Union or not, most visible jobs like that have a 'morality' clause in the employment agreement that are worded in such a way to give the employer a great deal of leeway.

It's the same reason most Catholic organizations are able to fire/force out unmarried pregnant women, divorcees, or gay persons who got married: http://blog.seattlepi.com/capitolhil...teacher-zmuda/

No, what is missed in all of this by the left wing moonbats is that you are creating a circular firing squad with no end.

Did Phil say something stupid & intolerant? Yup.

Are those who are attacking him for what he said expressing a similar degree of intolerance? Yup.

Are those who like Duck Dynasty/Phil and are attacking the PC police expressing a certain degree of intolerance of the views & actions of those with rather thin skins? Yup.

Pot. Meet kettle.

When I was a kid... my parents taught me about ignoring things that people said and not letting them get to me. Shame so many people are unwilling or unable to do the same.

Did Phil say in effect "Engaging in homosexual acts is a sin... and I believe all such sinners will be condemned to hell" ? Yup.

Did Phil say in effect "Engaging in homosexual acts is a sin... and all such sinners should be hung like the Iranians do" ? Nope.

See the difference? One is a personal opinion... the other is advocating for a wee bit more... including violence.

I hear & see plenty of people spout opinions different than my own... even some I would find personally offensive... if I let them get to me. And yet I'm able to let so much of it go by... alas far too many people are rather thin skinned and seek to be outraged & offended.

2 out of 7 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

I didn't know whom that bearded bozo was, I still don't, and I don't want to know. His opinion -opinonion- on homosexuality is anyways as pertinent as Britney Spears' on the war in Iraq or Jessica Simpson's on the appropriateness of eating "buffalo" wings...

Verified account Silver Poster Ben in LA's Avatar

Borrowed this from Kelly Clare. Sarah "Caribou Barbie" Palin chimes in. THIS is what most people are up in arms about...the double standard.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	68.6 KB 
ID:	661160  

5 out of 5 members liked this post.

This as well.

Views:	167 
Size:	228.4 KB 
ID:	661168  

7 out of 7 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

The response to this inane idiot's remarks is what is frightening revealing, once again, the depth of hatred and hostility to the LGBT community across America. Hate speech like this is not an example of free speech. This forum is not responding to the other dimension of his hideous ignorance ... His remarks about the reality of life for African Americans. That such profound bigotry by an ignorant man should summon such a wellspring of support by major public figures .. Plain and Bobby Jindjal (spelling?) signals how far a vast tranche of the public is from enlightened and civilised thought. And this is not an anti American polemic. The reality of life for those who are different is increasingly terrifying across the world eg. Russia's increasing state endorsed homophobia and that in recent decisions by the Indian government.

3 out of 3 members liked this post.

Gold Poster

What is Bobvela talking about up there? People who think someone should be fired for making homophobic comments are thin-skinned? People should ignore homophobic comments simply because the person who makes them is not advocating the summary execution or all gay men and women?

Liberals in this country have fought for employee rights including civil rights laws while recognizing that there must be some prerogative left to employers to choose what personal qualities they want their workers to have. Someone who is unable to distinguish between a boss who does not hire African-Americans and a boss who does not hire people who dislike African-Americans is not someone worth listening to. It is someone, like Bobvela, who is a pathetic shill without any sense of right and wrong.

Last edited by broncofan; 12-21-2013 at 05:39 PM.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by bobvela View Post
    No, what is missed in all of this by the left wing moonbats is that you are creating a circular firing squad with no end.
    When reporters are fired for saying things that networks are uncomfortable with, that is not a firing squad. The network is exercising a right they have always had and that no reasonable person would try to take away from them. When a book publisher decides not to publish the book of a Holocaust denier or someone who is advocating racism against African-Americans they are also not creating a firing squad.

What they are doing is demonstrating the exact type of conscience you seem to be lacking. In fact, if people are allowed to advocate such views without any push-back at all, we are more likely to have the type of firing squad (or lynching) you so frequently conjure in your self-pitying posts about how tough it is to be a modern day fascist.

You are essentially arguing that if someone can be fired for making homophobic comments there is no end in sight to what people can be fired for. Fortunately people are capable of distinguishing between discrimination based on background and sexual orientation and discrimination based on viewpoint. There's a reason we have civil rights laws, but not the type of broad protection you are contemplating.

Piyush Jindal had better be happy few of these idiots spat bullshit about folks of Asian Indian descent.

And this as well.

Views:	149 
Size:	88.2 KB 
ID:	661336  

Senior Member Veteran Poster BlüeKarma's Avatar

He has said it isn't up to him to judge anyone. If he thinks a lifestyle is wrong, it's his opinion. I don't agree w/ anything he says, but getting upset over something some backwoods redneck says is silly.

3 out of 4 members liked this post.