Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Member Professional Poster Kevin Dong's Avatar

Default Re: Whats your brand of Cigarettes?

I smoked too. In Russia I smoked Parliament. In Canada - Belmont Milds, because there is no imported cigarettes here. Started when I was 7 and smoked on and off until 26. That's growing up in Russia for ya. Now I am quit for good.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JapanParlSheenLarge.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	67.8 KB 
ID:	660084  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Junior Poster

Newports.

Junior Poster

Marlboro Lights, in a soft pack. Or whatever they call them nowadays

Senior Member Junior Poster NightmareX0666's Avatar

Back in the day, I used to smoke Black Death Cigarettes

I remember paying about $2.50 a pack for them and this was in the 90s. The look on someone's face who wanted to bum a cig from me was priceless.

Now I stick to the Pyramid cigs...

When I see the Newport ones, reminds me of when I was in high school and everything had to be a damned acronym...

NEWPORT = Never Eat Wet Pussy On Rag Time

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Junior Poster goatman's Avatar

Newports...Picked up the habit [slightly] after college, smoked through 4 years of the Air Force(beedies during TDYs) & 2 years of teaching high school..., but the state laws(no smoking in bars except in Baltimore) & the taxes put an end to that...quit cold turkey haven't missed it...

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

My Mom smoked three packs a day. Now she has emphysema and is chained to an oxygen bottle by a plastic tube. I've an uncle who suffered from pulmonary disease probably brought on by smoking, got heart bypass surgery and died of a heart attack a few years later. His never managed to quit. I never started. I'm waiting 'til they legalize weed.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    My Mom smoked three packs a day. Now she has emphysema and is chained to an oxygen bottle by a plastic tube. I've an uncle who suffered from pulmonary disease probably brought on by smoking, got heart bypass surgery and died of a heart attack a few years later. His never managed to quit. I never started. I'm waiting 'til they legalize weed.
    For me it felt harmless to have one smoke here or there when out with friends. Then one turned out to be three or four when we were partying.

Even then I didn't feel addicted yet and I could go without smoking for a few weeks and not notice. But when something very stressful happened in my life I went right to cigarettes for comfort. Nothing else could help me forget about my problems for a moment like smoking did. I must have smoked 2 packs in a day just to keep my mind off of things. Then I was addicted and it would take a huge effort to quit a few years later. I was taking smoke breaks at work just to deal with the stress from small things in life. It was a crutch. I'm glad I was able to quit eventually because i could feel that it was affecting my health in a bad way.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Senior Member Junior Poster Weissmann's Avatar

Used to smoke :
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Amber2.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	660142  

Senior Member Professional Poster stan.smith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by txjr3 View Post
    Marlboro Lights, in a soft pack. Or whatever they call them nowadays
    oh yes soft packs are the shit! i used to buy the same brand soft packs and pretend im bruce willis from Die hard..yippie kay yay motherfucker!!

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyHarkness View Post
    silk cut .. but i havnt smoke now since like may or april i think . By not drinking alcholol has helpend me stop smoking too .. so now i rarely drink any alcholol other than maybe a glass of wine with parents at a dinner or a bottle of beer with them ... If i go out I always drive so i cant drink anyway ... for me when i had a good drink was when i would hammer the ciggies ..
    I feel so much better for not smoking/drinking anymore ...
    Its funny i cant stand smokers breath on people nowadays lol
    Alcohol is terrible when you try to stop. I just couldn't have a drink without huge cravings. But I think the morning coffee was even worst! And also the after meals! God! I felt sooooooooo much like smoking a few after dinners! Stopping would not have been so bad without these particular moments...

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    I had a constant pain in the throat in a very precise spot and my voice was changing. Yet, it was not enough for me to stop. I must have kept smoking at least on more year with this. The birth of my kid was the wake up call. I blew up like a balloon, but the energy level (even sexual) when right up the roof.
    I started thrice after along the years, the last time in 2010, for 10 or 11 months, but always stopped again...
    Nicotine is an adictive lady.