Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    ummmmm what? sorry. Shes keeping me occupied.

yeah zidane played lik eman on fire. henry played well too. Brazil looked flat and uninsired for most of the match. dont think france can keep up this pace for 2 more matches, but at least Zidane will go out playing his best ball.

blckhaze- A quickie in the back of a carriage going around Central park south

RubyTS- been there done that :P

I'm leaning towards taking Italy over Germany cause they're such big underdogs. Do the Italians have a shot? Should I stick to what I know, Yankees-Mets? I lose betting on that too.

Quote Originally Posted by flabbybody
    I'm leaning towards taking Italy over Germany cause they're such big underdogs. Do the Italians have a shot? Should I stick to what I know, Yankees-Mets? I lose betting on that too.
    lol. i like Italy too. they have only given up one goal, and that was to Mexico. Germany has had problems in the back throughout the cup, theyve just have out scored people, and have had great luck when i come to people taking advantages of their chances.

Professional Poster

^^Italy's only allowed goal came by the way of Zaccardo (own goal) and that was against the US. I hope they beat the Germans. Other than that I don't care which of the 3 teams wins it all. I just want to see some good games where the refs aren't fucking up the outcome with their sillyness.

My witty signature.

Quote Originally Posted by NickTheQuick
    ^^Italy's only allowed goal came by the way of Zaccardo (own goal) and that was against the US. I hope they beat the Germans. Other than that I don't care which of the 3 teams wins it all. I just want to see some good games where the refs aren't fucking up the outcome with their sillyness.

A FUCKING MEN to mannt games were ruined early on by the refs. i glad some of those refs were dismissed after the group stage.

Ok, so italy won, in PK's. it was a great game with a few surprises. The biggest one was Zidane's blatent head butt to earn him a red card in in the second overtime. to me that was the complete turning point of the match, however late it was. France had already subbed out Ribery(?) and Henry, and zidane basically handed Italy the match, by getting tossed. It was clear that italy would win, whether on account of being up a man, or in PK's because france had its top PK kickers and their leaders out of the game. Italy played a great match, but I feel France lost it, more than Italy won it. Still a good match.

Finally, the Whole event was better than i expected. The round of 16 had its ups and downs, but overall, it was better than the group stages. Main reason being the refs. Excluding the Portugal-Sweeden match, the games were called fairly well. the refs were more willing to let some stuff go and give out warnings like they do during league play, and it showed in more flow of the games, even if the scores didnt reflect it. the fact that a good number of matches went to penalties was actually a good thing, because teams had chances all night and GK's rose their games. all in all Good Cup. Hopefully this is not the last we see of Zidane, not a great way to go out.