Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    till we fucking overdose Gold Poster amberskyi's Avatar

Default Re: Justice for murdered transsexual

I liked that the comments on the article were supportive and outraged...Times are changing people

5 out of 5 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by amberskyi View Post
    ...Times are changing people
    I think you're right about that Amber...especially in the bigger cities...I've noticed this more and more through conversations with friends, acquaintances and co-workers. Positive change may be very slow in coming...but I think it is coming.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Junior Poster

im shocked that the defense attorney thought that was a viable defense. unless the plan was win on appeal due to an incompetent lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by fred41 View Post
    In a bizarre courtroom speech, a Queen defense attorney said the life of a murdered transgender prostitute wasn’t worth much — and argued that her convicted killer shouldn’t be punished as if he had killed someone “in the higher end of the community.”
    “A sentence of 25 years to life is an incredibly long period of time judge,” John Scarpa said Thursday as he asked a judge to go easy on his client, Rasheen Everett, for killing hooker Amanda Gonzalez-Andujar in 2010.
    “Shouldn’t that be reserved for people who are guilty of killing certain classes of individuals?”
    Then, taking callousness to a new level, he said: “Who is the victim in this case? Is the victim a person in the higher end of the community?”
    Queens Supreme Court Justice Richard Buchter scolded Scarpa as he sentenced Everett to 29 years in prison.
    “This court believes every human life in sacred,” he said. “It’s not easy living as a transgender, and I commend the family for supporting her.”
    Everett, 32, was convicted of strangling Gonzalez-Andujar last month. They had met through an ad, and he was allegedly shocked to find she had male genitalia.
    Throughout the proceedings, Scarpa stunned the victim’s family as he detailed her sexual past.
    “Amanda was engaged in a life of prostitution, life of drug use, HIV exposure,” Sharpa said. “She was having sex with other individuals knowing she had the chance of spreading diseases.”
    The shameless Everett even chuckled throughout the emotional testimony of the victim’s brother, Ruben Andujar.
    “The pain my family feels is unbearable,” Ruben had said. “It’s all like a nightmare, and I’m still waiting to wake up.”
    Butcher blasted Everett, who declined to speak when the judge gave him the chance.
    “The defendant is coldhearted and violent menace to society,” he said.
    Everett winked at loved ones in court before he was taken away.
    So taking this to its logical conclusion, if you were to kill a scumbag lawyer, you should be sentenced to about a week in jail ...

2 out of 3 members liked this post.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it ...

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by amberskyi View Post
    I liked that the comments on the article were supportive and outraged...Times are changing people
    Yes the comments were heartening. In the past, in certain articles I've seen nonsense about how assault is justified if maybe the guy is surprised (even when there's no evidence that's the case) or how someone who lives an "alternative lifestyle" bears their own risks.

I didn't see any of that bullshit, and I hope that's a new normal.

Wait until this story hits yahoo then ya'll see how folks roll. But that lawyer what a fuckin dick.

Quote Originally Posted by tjinla2001
    I haven't just let a single prostitute cum in my mouth. Hundreds- more likely thousands of transvesites have shot their loads in my mouth. God bless america
    I AM A GUY NOT A TRANSSEXUAL!

Senior Member Platinum Poster

I just can't understand people who think like that. Often, they pretend to be christians! How can you look at someone and see less there than in someone else? I don't believe in the "humanity" of humans. History has shown that we're capable of the worst at any time.
    What this lawyer is expressing is his own inhumanity. A huge lack of empathy bordering on sociopathy.
    Very sad story, in the end. This young woman had a lot to look forward to. Just disgusting.

till we fucking overdose Gold Poster amberskyi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silcc69 View Post
    Wait until this story hits yahoo than ya'll see how folks roll. But that lawyer what a fuckin dick.
    I say this time and time again, the anonymity of the internet breeds trolls and shouldn't in anyway be taken as a serious reflection of society.
    If one read the comment regarding Trayvon Martin or other racial matters you would think we was still picking cotton lol

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilsumpinwild View Post
    That scumbag lawyer sounds like a closeted TS lover..... He was obviously projecting!

What's sad is that jail is not a just punishment for this fool. There are lots of TS girls in prison that will unfortunately be brutalized by this animal. I hope they keep him separated from his prey somehow..... Solitary confinement or capital punishment would be the best punishment for this scum.
    If you want the worst fate for him root for general pop. Killing a defenseless trans girl puts him way down the pecking order of something to admire among fellow inmates. He'll suffer a living hell for every day of his decades long incarcination. He might end up begging for solitary.

banned! take it elsewhere Rookie Poster

that dudes waves are on swim, so they hate on him