Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Re: The little screen. Are we obsessed?

Quote Originally Posted by bluesoul View Post
    you know, having a cell phone doesn't mean you have to answer it all the time. you can even get apps that will ignore calls after a certain time- or set your phone to silent.

having access to technology requires one to be responsible with it. most people aren't. that's the problem. not the technology.
    You see, I didn't even know that. Of course you can always shut it, but to me, rightfully or not, it just feels like a burden, something that exercise a form of coertion on me. I just might be a bit neurotic... or an inveterate dinosaur.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesoul View Post
    i think young people learning how to talk to and treat people should be the parents responsibility. technology should be used responsibly. if kids aren't using it properly then it's their parents responsibility to put that in check. if not then fuck them
    Yes. But kids will always get elements of socialization from the outside, from their friends, tv or whatever influence they will encounter. We can only do so much as parents. Besides, at teenage, they often tend to direct themselves in the direction exactly opposite to what their parents are, or wish for, simply as a way to affirm a personality of their own.
    Not always easy with kids. The important is to let the communication as open as possible, which helps if only in the precise matter we're discussing.
    I might be more sensitive as I'm getting older, but I do find kids, in commerces, fast-food restaurant, etc., to be quite rude, nowaday, as Quiet Reflections is alluding to. They often seem like they have no manners. But... perceptions, perceptions... I don't have any rudometer.

Say cheese!

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Say cheese!

OMG! yes. Been through that!