Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Senior Member Veteran Poster Rusty Eldora's Avatar

Default Re: So how many got their Obamacare yet?

Some states seem to have gotten pretty good exchanges going. Trish's example of a friend in Indiana is somewhat akin to mine but I went off exchange to keep the full Blue Shield coverage (national and international) I am paying 750 a month for a 1,000 deductible policy. However I get no subsidy because of my income. In all, this costs me 4K more per year than last year whether I have no health care costs or hit the maximum.

New Mexico thought they had a great exchange, it worked and kept the costs from rising but almost nobody signed up.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/deane-...b_4485810.html

1 out of 2 members liked this post.

Senior Member Veteran Poster Rusty Eldora's Avatar

So how is the Joy Joy of being on Obamacare with that glittery Gold, Silver, or Bronzed plan doing for everybody. Happy Anyone. Got to keep your Doctor. Do you have coverage when you Travel. Enjoying those small deductibles compared to your old plan. Everything Groovy?

Well I did get my free Colenoscopy on Wed. Did everyone know that you get a bunch of tests included in your plan not counting toward the deductible. Just amazing I get a $3,000 procedure for free. However, as my premiums jumped by $4000 for the year, I suspect I already paid for that free thing. But what test do I need next year to use the free stuff I pay for.

I didn't want this Turkey foisted on me, but I signed up because I have to have insurance. How about you.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Six years ago my aunt was diagnosed with breast cancer. When the banks failed under the Bush recession she lost her job and her coverage. With her preexisting condition she couldn't find insurance. Chemotherapy burnt through her savings and she nearly lost her home. I don't know what her premiums are now or what her deductible is, but I do know that she loves the Affordable Care Act...because she was finally able to get insurance.

The Act was written by the ultraconservative Heritage Foundation, so of course it's flawed. Single payer and Health Care For All would've been a much better system. But there was no hope of getting anything like that through the bipartisan committee that wrote the bill.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Senior Member Silver Poster

My Blue Cross from my job is around $200 a month, I just got Dental added on, but I know I'm actually paying much more, it's just PAPERWORKED to hide what I'm really paying.

One reason Obamacare passed when it did is because healthcare costs were going through the roof under Bush.

With absolutely NO proof to back it up, I guarantee you that half that hospital bill, and half that insurance bill is being PAPERWORKED up to those a-cursed one-percenters you hear so much about.

Gaming the System is as American as Cherry Pie.

You can bet the Republican Congress is getting their asses chewed by their constituents (FAT CATS) Obama is messing with their cash cow.

Trust me Rusty, I FEEL FOR YOU paying these outrageous fucking bills, but I feel like we're all in the same boat.

There is, in fact, a scummy bottom of society, the people that make less than ten grand a year, that have almost ALL the cases of AIDs, rampant drug and alcohol is the norm, and the Republicans won't say it, but I think there is a point to be made that they deserve to die a miserable death and shouldn't drag us down with them.

But have no fear. Lord Obama is going to heal them all and stick the bill on those thievin' fat cats. But it's going to take years.

Last edited by buttslinger; 03-15-2014 at 04:40 PM. Reason: typo
    World Class Asshole

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

And (as the Wolf of Wall Street illustrates) the upper one percent has no rampant drug or alcohol abuse and never contracts communicable diseases.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Obama will be known for the Affordable Healthcare Act, Bush will be known for the Iraq War, Clinton will be known for Monica Lewinski.

As the first Black President, Obama walks on eggshells, but I think the first Woman President will roar.

World Class Asshole

Verified account Silver Poster Ben in LA's Avatar

"The Real Numbers On 'The Obamacare Effect' Are In..."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickunga...-eating-begin/

Even if a Republican House and Senate passed a bill to repeal Obamacare, I am pretty sure Obama would veto it, so the Republicans have been running a game they know is a loser, I guess they do it because Republican voters see Obamacare as white folks buying black folks free insurance. If the lie is better than the truth, of course they're going to go with the lie.

If Obama tries to outlaw cheeseburgers and ice cream, Rand Paul will be President in 2016.

World Class Asshole

Verified account Silver Poster Ben in LA's Avatar

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	203.5 KB 
ID:	708045  

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

The house detective Junior Poster Turlington's Avatar

Misleading much?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	62.7 KB 
ID:	718206  

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Calvin: I let my mind wander and it didn't come back.
    Mom: I figured you'd lost your mind years ago.