Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Default Re: So how many got their Obamacare yet?

She would boost my health for sure (as i am currently invalided out with a slipped disc)

Meanwhile I agree regarding mean spiritedness. It was once characterised in the UK as the "I'm alright jack" attitude.

Senior Member Veteran Poster Rusty Eldora's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    I thought generics were supposed to be bio-equivalent? Are you talking about him having to take different formulations, or the generic equivalent of an off-patent brand drug?

I am asking because I really don't know.
    There are many generics that do not perform like the brand. A generic by one mfg may be fine but not another. I know the drugs that two close friends of mine take. Out of about a dozen medicines, 6 can be any of the generics, 1 can be generic from one mfg but not the others, 2 the generic makes them truly sick, and 3 are not available in generic. It is a case by case basis.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by thombergeron View Post
    I just took a closer look at this. The math you've presented here is pretty bizarre, but are you actually saying that we should feel badly for you because you will have $4000 fewer dollars to spend on prostitutes next year?

Edit: And another thing, you refused to use the exchange because you're a paranoid whackjob, and now you're bitching at the President because your insurance carrier is ripping you off? You're a fucking libertarian, and you're scared of market-based competition? It is a documented fact that carriers are misrepresenting the savings you can find by just shopping around a little. Get a second quote, doofus.
    I did get quotes from Regence (my previous carrier) and reviewed all 34 plans available in the Washington Exchange. The Regence plan I selected has the larger network and the same cost for the Gold Plan than all of the ones available in my area. Yes, I do not want to enter my data into the exchange because they have horrible security. Buying from Regence Blue Shield (supposedly a good guy Non-profit but their execs all seem to be getting quite rich) allowed me to not enter data into the exchange. Just 2 days ago it was released that VT was hacked with hundreds exposed.

No I am not scared of Market based competition, I have purchased for 20 years health care in the market, and it worked just fine thank you. I would love my old plan back but the ACA killed it dead.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Eldora View Post
    I did get quotes from Regence (my previous carrier) and reviewed all 34 plans available in the Washington Exchange. The Regence plan I selected has the larger network and the same cost for the Gold Plan than all of the ones available in my area. Yes, I do not want to enter my data into the exchange because they have horrible security. Buying from Regence Blue Shield (supposedly a good guy Non-profit but their execs all seem to be getting quite rich) allowed me to not enter data into the exchange. Just 2 days ago it was released that VT was hacked with hundreds exposed.

No I am not scared of Market based competition, I have purchased for 20 years health care in the market, and it worked just fine thank you. I would love my old plan back but the ACA killed it dead.
    I doubt it. Without accessing the exchange, you would have no eligibility details, and no way of knowing your specific premiums for any those 34 plans.

And I don't know why you're blithely asserting that Blue Shield is a "good guy." The company canceled your policy. And then you came back for more. At a higher price. Blue Shield is taking advantage of you, but you're mad at Obama. You don't seem to be a very well informed consumer.

For instance, Vermont Health Connect was not "hacked." There was a security breach involving a single consumer's information. A hard copy of that single consumer's application was mailed back to that consumer. There was no hacking, and one person was involved.

So again, you don't seem to have a very clear idea of what's actually going on with the ACA. You're not alone. Some very wealthy people with a political agenda are trying very hard to confuse you. And it seems to be working. You need to take some responsibility for better informing yourself.

It's wonderful that America's healthcare delivery system has been working well for you for much of your adult life, but there are tens of millions of your fellow American citizens who were shut out of that system that you've been enjoying.

Now, you may not care about people who are less fortunate than you, but that makes you a fucking asshole. So don't be surprised that when you whine about how your privileged life just became slightly less privileged, nobody gives a shit.

3 out of 4 members liked this post.

Gold Poster

I just read the story about the Vermont exchange. It happened in one individual case that someone's information was compromised as Thom said. Given the fact that people have their information entered into hundreds of databases at any given time, and many are probably not that secure, this is a really bad excuse. How secure is the database of your gas and electric company?

It seems to me that a lot of people don't want this system to work. It's a reasonable definition of audacity to not enter an exchange because of a personal eccentricity and then complain about the deal you got.

What is it about poorer people who are sick that brings to the surface so many excuses, and such animosity? This brings to mind 95racer's glee at the fact that Detroit had gone bankrupt because he believed it to be the perfect example of liberal excess.

And the Republican party is the party of patriotism? Celebrating the demise of American cities because they think it proves a point, shutting down our government hoping they will get their way, and threatening to push that same government into insolvency so they can blame the African-American guy in office.

2 out of 3 members liked this post.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Eldora View Post
    allowed me to not enter data into the exchange. Just 2 days ago it was released that VT was hacked with hundreds exposed.
    Hacked means people deliberately breached the security to access people's information. What happened was that one person was accidentally given access to another person's personal details. This is very relevant because the average person, rather than the person seeking out such information, is extremely unlikely to have use for it. You must have an extremely low risk tolerance for this to deter you. Do you not fly on airplanes, drive in cars, or drink water from a tap?

I find it difficult to believe that something "released" two days ago would have been a deterrent for you. Of course, you may have gotten all of these quotes in the last two days, but this sounds like an awful excuse. It sounds like right-wing trumped up nonsense masquerading as a legitimate reason.

And as Thombergeron said, please tell us how you got quotes for premiums from these 34 insurance companies if not through the exchange.

1 out of 2 members liked this post.
    Last edited by broncofan; 11-27-2013 at 02:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thombergeron View Post
    I doubt it. Without accessing the exchange, you would have no eligibility details, and no way of knowing your specific premiums for any those 34 plans.
    The State of Washington site actually works and does not require you to enter your life history to shop for plans. To access our official exchange go to www.wahealthplanfinder.org and is available for anyone that lists their age, county, and estimated income. I guess the land of Microsoft could get a good site going. When I wanted a plan there when I apply it then takes all of the details.

Yes I am aware that the states covered by healthcare.gov as well as other state exchanges do require you to set up an account et al but our enlightened liberal state thinks you should be able to shop BEFORE you buy.

Asswhipper Veteran Poster VictoriaVeil's Avatar

I tried to register about a week after enrollment began. I'm still waiting for my identity to be verified. #letthejokescommence

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Happy Thanksgiving Day everyone. I'm thankful that millions of families who lived without the security of medical coverage can now have affordable care.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

I spoke to a friend over the phone today. He’s from Indiana. He had a private health insurance policy with a $10000.00 deductible for which he paid $700.00 monthly. It was going up to $800.00 per month next year. It had no promise that he wouldn’t be kicked from the rolls should a serious on-going illness befall him. He liked his policy in the sense that it was the best he could get and he would certainly have hated to lose given his age ( of 58 years). He doesn’t have wifi in his home. So just this week he signed up on the Affordable Healthcare exchange by phone. He now has a new policy with a $500.00 deductible, that costs $700.00 monthly and for his policy the company receives a $700.00 subsidy making his yearly payout zero dollars. Needless to say, he one very happy customer.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.