Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Married With Children

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    I also thought Roseanne was the weakest part of that show -everyone else and much of the writing in the first three series or so was sparkling, or so it seemed at the time. Some of these tv show's child actors seem to have been given an extended career on that strange collection of quips called The Big Bang Theory with its even stranger quantum queen...could not understand the appeal of this programme and when I did some research discovered the frumpy one used to be Blossom who in real life is a political lesbian. Funny how life turns out, innit?
    Both Johnny Galecki and Sarah Gilbert appeared on TBBT during the first two seasons until the show realized what a dud Sarah Gilbert was. Galecki of course, was supposed to be the leading guy until Jim Parsons made the show his own almost immediately.

The appeal of the program is quite broad. I've watched it from day one and the writing is probably the best comedy writing in years. Tough to make science funny but these writers can do it. That's genius writing, as opposed to writing about... nothing.

1 out of 2 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    I also thought Roseanne was the weakest part of that show -everyone else and much of the writing in the first three series or so was sparkling, or so it seemed at the time. Some of these tv show's child actors seem to have been given an extended career on that strange collection of quips called The Big Bang Theory with its even stranger quantum queen...could not understand the appeal of this programme and when I did some research discovered the frumpy one used to be Blossom who in real life is a political lesbian. Funny how life turns out, innit?
    Never knew Blossom is a lesbian. As for Roseanne's diminutive actors, my favorite is Sarah Chalke who was excellent on Scrubs. Btw, scrolling through the list of guest stars on Roseanne turns up some pretty interesting names like Red Buttons (2 episodes), Jim Varney (2), Morgan Fairchild (3), Traci Lords!! (3), Joseph Gordon-Levitt (4) & George Clooney (11).

Senior Member Platinum Poster

My mistake Bilbo and apologies to Mayim Bialik -it is Sara Gilbert who is in a lesbian relationship.
    On the one hand I see the clever nature of the writing in TBBT, but it is really a long sequence of quips, it seems to me when I watch it, which is not often.

Stravros: Some shows are difficult to grasp onto when tuning in mid-way a few seasons in. I find the same thing and usually have difficulty seeing what others see. Fortunately, today, we can get earlier seasons on DVD and spend a weekend killing a couple seasons. I did that with Modern Family after season 3 started and have been hooked on that show since.

I <3 Boobs + Blowjobs Platinum Poster RallyCola's Avatar

for my part...i want nothing to do with sara gilbert or mayim bialik. they are both equally unappealing.

sara chalke on the other hand...now i'd buy that for a dollar.

Let's face it...some women just look better with their clothes ON

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by bassman2546 View Post
    Stravros: Some shows are difficult to grasp onto when tuning in mid-way a few seasons in. I find the same thing and usually have difficulty seeing what others see. Fortunately, today, we can get earlier seasons on DVD and spend a weekend killing a couple seasons. I did that with Modern Family after season 3 started and have been hooked on that show since.
    This is true -I didn't become aware of Homeland until half-way through the second series so had to buy the first series set and have enjoyed it since; also The Americans. I just don't watch much tv -never seen The Sopranos, for example, or Boardwalk Empire, Mad Men, Lost, 24 Hours and so on.