Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Joanna Jet Veteran Poster joannajet's Avatar

Default Big Brother - UK

Hello all,

Do any of the British members have any comments with regard to the inclusion of Sam, a pre-op TS, as housemate in the currently running Big Brother??

Kisses,

Joanna Jet
    xxx

Default Re: Big Brother - UK

Quote Originally Posted by joannajet
    Hello all,

Do any of the British members have any comments with regard to the inclusion of Sam, a pre-op TS, as housemate in the currently running Big Brother??

Kisses,

Joanna Jet
    xxx
    Joanna I have to admit I watch very little TV and have never watched Big Brother, but that sounds interesting....I might even tune in, thanks!

Angela asked me to post this for her:

I haven't seen it but did some quick research and found this (dunno how accurate it is)...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bro...odie%5b/url%5d

If anyone wants to download the Big Brother UK episodes, they can be found here (need to know how to use BitTorrents)...

http://www.torrentspy.com/search.asp....y=0%5b/url%5d

Apparently, she doesn't show up til the 12th episode, so if you only want to watch the ones with her in it, start there.

Hope this helps someone, lol.

oops, this went through twice while on my end the page just sat and spun and I then got a 404 error. Sorry.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by mds
    Joanna, I wonder if Sam's inclusion is purely to stir up people's reactions, a method to get people talking (in a Maury, Jerry Springer way).

Or whether Sam is there like everyone else and the TS factor is by the way.
    unfortunately it's the former rather than the latter, rarely are TS on television portrayed as normal people, especially not on big brother.

Party Goddess Platinum Poster AllanahStarrNYC's Avatar

Well a transsexual already won Big Brother before in the UK- I think from personally appearing on UK TV myself- Telivison there is much more open to transsexuals- i.e, Big Brother, There is Somethign About Miriam, plastic surgery shows- and of course Pet Burns on celibrity Big Brother.

I almost got casted to be on The Farm in the UK, but was dropped as they already had two adult performers on the show and I was opted for very last minute.

The US def. needs to catch up in this arena.

2008 AVN Transsexual Performer Of The Year
    www.TransexualStarr.com
    www.Facebook.com/AllanahStarr

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by AllanahStarrNYC
    Well a transsexual already won Big Brother before in the UK- I think from personally appearing on UK TV myself- Telivison there is much more open to transsexuals- i.e, Big Brother, There is Somethign About Miriam, plastic surgery shows- and of course Pet Burns on celibrity Big Brother.

I almost got casted to be on The Farm in the UK, but was dropped as they already had two adult performers on the show and I was opted for very last minute.

The US def. needs to catch up in this arena.
    well sure, they SHOW transexuals, but they show them for the shock factor much like the US does. I have yet to see a show where they take TS seriously.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Phat
    . I have yet to see a show where they take TS seriously.
    The Eurovision song contest?

Stupidity has saved many a man from madness

Party Goddess Platinum Poster AllanahStarrNYC's Avatar

Phat- does reality TV show anyone in a serious light? My appearance on Cosmetic Surgery Live was very positive and respectiful in my opinion.
    If a transsexual can win Big Brother- which is won by PUBLIC VOTE.
    And everyone knew Nadia was a TS- that to me is clear sign that somethings are changing.

2008 AVN Transsexual Performer Of The Year
    www.TransexualStarr.com
    www.Facebook.com/AllanahStarr

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by AllanahStarrNYC
    Phat- does reality TV show anyone in a serious light? My appearance on Cosmetic Surgery Live was very positive and respectiful in my opinion.
    If a transsexual can win Big Brother- which is won by PUBLIC VOTE.
    And everyone knew Nadia was a TS- that to me is clear sign that somethings are changing.
    sorry I'm not up to date on how that show works, I'm just used to seeing maury all like "yo.... is dis a girll..... OR NOT??!?!?"