Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Professional Poster

Do you think Aids is a man made disease?

Professional Poster

Some people say thats why our country(USA) is so rich, cause we dont have full health coverage.
    Has anyone noticed that seasonal allergies only happen in the USA. Ive been sneezing and itching my eyes for about two months now and Ive spent more than a 100$ on different shit at the pharmacy.
    This back up Allanahs claim about the big Pharmacuticle companies that make big profit off us getting sick.

Party Goddess Platinum Poster AllanahStarrNYC's Avatar

It is my belief that AIDS in part is a man made disease int he sense that lifestyle choices and abuses often plays a huge part in the destruction of the immune system.

AND YES
    medicine is this business, is big big big big big business.
    drugs are pushed and solf for everything
    if u watch tv elewhere around the world, you will not see 1,000 ads for medicines a day

they have to keep you sick in orser to make money

Junior Member Rookie Poster

popperluv,

Seasonal allergies do not only happen in the USA! I wish they did but here in the UK we have this happen all the time. Damp cold weathre in the winter months(that often last 5-7 months) make many people have bad chests here and hay fever is terrible in the UK. However, now I have put you right I want to agree with you. I am for one asthmatic and suffer from a bad chest from time to time, the pharma companies I am sure have a cure for asthma but will not release it due to so many people having to pay, like me, £12.80 per month to keep well and alive..thats about $20. Anyway, we aint gonna change it because money makes the world go round and shemales make my head go round!!! I lived in the USA for a while(2 years) and did not see that many adds for medicines, I mostly saw the cheap homemade car slaes showroom ones that made e laugh..oh no sorry, it was American TV that made me laugh!!!! Sorry I loved the USA but the Telly was awful!! I am off thread here so I'll stop! As for AIDS, too many people in Africa have it(or HIV) so manufacturers wont release a cure because they have $$$$££££££££ intheir eyes. Only when the disease causes more devestation in the west will governments push to get the cure.

God I love 'em

Yes, Vicki, it may have been a poor choice of words.. I was only stating things in a rather cold and Darwinian way, and not meant to offend anyone.

I think people need to get tested a lot more often and the PCR DNA test the adult industry uses should be the common test. I have actually had the 6-month window test done and mentioned the PCR DNA test and the clinic didn't know wht I was talking about!!

-Tara

Junior Poster

Popperluv and Allanah -

You're right the Big Rx makes money when we're sick and love to convince us that we should run to the pharmacy every time we sneeze, when reality is...a large portion of the drugs we take are purely palliative: they don't make us better they just make us feel better.

Funny thing is, rich coverage is, in fact, the reason big pharma as well as big rich physician exists. If you didn't have and Rx benefit would you think twice about running to the pharmacy or the doctor when you've got a self-inflicted hangover?

Popperluv, if the allergy Rx meds don't work, why get em? The notion that lack of universal health coverage is the reason we're rich is preposterous! In fact, our wealth and rich coverage are the reasons health care is so expensive. If, rather than blow your money on useless meds, you paid into an indigent care pool, problem solved. But, since you have the money and rich coverage, you use it.

Also, Allanah, just to clarify, NIH is a government-funded agency that operates under HHS. It actually makes research grants to private companies, including big pharma. The Feds hold the cards, so if you want more responsible AIDS research, lobby your congressman, not your pharmacist. Just remember too, it was Bob Gallo from NIH that originally stole from our friend Luc.

Rookie Poster

Actually PCR based HIV tests are not intended to be used as a screening test or as diagnostic test to confirm the presence of HIV infection. PCR is used to determine viral load not screening or diagnosing. I have included a scan image of the amplicor hiv-1 monitor test as proof of this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	n10132865_32307783_1218_541.jpg 
Views:	508 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	202099  

Rookie Poster

In addition to my last post, the inventor of PCR or the Polymerase Chain Reaction, Kary Mullis, won a Nobel Prize for that invention and he doesn't even believe HIV is the cause of AIDS. That's right the inventor of the only technology available that allowed scientists to detect actually HIV in a persons blood (rather than just antibodies, like the ELISA or Western Blot) doesn't believe HIV causes AIDS. It begs all kinds of questions. Questions that label you a troll, holocaust denier, or homophobe just for asking.

I am a strong promoter of condom use!

I don't care if the guy has a hiv test a week or a day before that tells me he is clean, he could of slept with someone the night before.

I will never do a bareback scene.

And its truly sad how the hetero community even some of my gfs think they are invincible to the aids virus, because they are "straight"

I really think this stigma needs to be talked about and put to rest.

Anyone can get aids, its not discriminatory, it is open to anyone!

And I really like the facts that Allanah is bringing up.

very wise.

My official Adult Blog

http://www.kellypierceblog.com

My Official Blog for my TS Sisters

http://www.secretkelly.com

My official Cam Site

http://www.kellysdreamhouse.com

Rookie Poster

Studies show that the risk of HIV transmission from female to male is 0.01-0.32% (2, 3), and the current likelihood of female to male infection after a single exposure is 0.01-0.1% (2). That's very low. And only .5% of people in the US have hiv. And lets assume 1/2 are women which is not true (more men have hiv), but just for estimation sake .25% of women have it. So .1%x.25%=.00025%. So your chance as a man of getting hiv from a random woman is .00025%. That is also pretty low.

But of course, there are plenty of other nasty diseases that you are much more likely to get. So if your banging strangers, you should wear a glove.

2. Downs AM, De Vincenzi I. Probability of heterosexual transmission of HIV: relationship to the number of unprotected sexual contacts. European Study Group in Heterosexual Transmission of HIV. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr Hum Retrovirol. 1996 Apr 1;11(4):388-95.

3. Wiley JA, Herschhkorn SJ, Padian NS. Heterogeneity in the probability of HIV transmission per sexual contact: the case of male-to-female transmission in penile-vaginal intercourse. Stat Med 1989;8:93-102.