Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Default Re: Tranny Awards : The Nominations

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBellucci View Post
    Girls complain about the annual AVN nominations and wins of the same girls year in and year out because it excludes newer models who haven't been granted the same level of exposure, so I really think you're wrong about that. Let's not pretend this industry doesn't have gatekeepers.

The current system smacks of nepotism, which is endemic nowadays.
    I don't know anything about nepotism, we hire the best person for the job and that's all there is to it.

Does this industry have gatekeepers? Are we going to have to open this old chestnut again - just because nobody wants to work with you, it doesn't mean they're gatekeepers, they just don't see you as either a profitable/viable product, or they just don't like you personally, there isn't anything more insidious than that.

3 out of 3 members liked this post.

250 pre-nominations sent in for the Tranny Awards - keep them coming, only one per person please http://trannyawards.com/

4 out of 4 members liked this post.

Bella Doll Platinum Poster BellaBellucci's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seanchai View Post
    I don't know anything about nepotism, we hire the best person for the job and that's all there is to it.

Does this industry have gatekeepers? Are we going to have to open this old chestnut again - just because nobody wants to work with you, it doesn't mean they're gatekeepers, they just don't see you as either a profitable/viable product, or they just don't like you personally, there isn't anything more insidious than that.
    Say what you will about me, but the old chestnuts are denying that producers and directors have horses in the race and that my brand isn't viable. I didn't attack anyone. I'm just keeping it real. But thanks for that personal attack based on my professional observation. What a great way to prove your point! I know I'm convinced.

Best of luck with your show!

~BB~

Say what you will about me, but the old chestnuts are denying that producers and directors have horses in the race and that my brand isn't viable. I didn't attack anyone. I'm just keeping it real. But thanks for that personal attack based on my professional observation. What a great way to prove your point! I know I'm convinced.

Best of luck with your show!

~BB~

It's not a personal attack about you or at you, it's MY professional observation and sincerely Bella, I actually quite like you. I know who you are and where I am with you. I think you've good ideas and you've made great improvements in your shoots. My real point is, that not only weren't you a good brand to invest in at an earlier point, you became such a pain in the ass, that your position became untenable to work with anyone. Nobody wants to work with you because YOU have closed the gate - and now it's rusted shut.

I actually can't think of a horse I have in the race this year. I have in earlier years (one won, the other didn't) and if you look at a previous dual year winner, you'll see she has nothing to do with the sponsors or producers of the awards. I know who I'd like to win ... the same girls I'd like a roll in the hay with, but I doubt they'll be the best picks either.

Bella Doll Platinum Poster BellaBellucci's Avatar

It's not a personal attack about you or at you, it's MY professional observation and sincerely Bella, I actually quite like you. I know who you are and where I am with you. I think you've good ideas and you've made great improvements in your shoots. My real point is, that not only weren't you a good brand to invest in at an earlier point, you became such a pain in the ass, that your position became untenable to work with anyone. Nobody wants to work with you because YOU have closed the gate - and now it's rusted shut.

I actually can't think of a horse I have in the race this year. I have in earlier years (one won, the other didn't) and if you look at a previous dual year winner, you'll see she has nothing to do with the sponsors or producers of the awards. I know who I'd like to win ... the same girls I'd like a roll in the hay with, but I doubt they'll be the best picks either.
    Now THAT is an honest statement, and I appreciate the compliments, even if I disagree that the gate SHOULD be 'rusted shut.' My issues have been political or business oriented, not personal. I've seen a bunch of improvements on that which I've criticized in the past and I haven't been shy about admitting it. I still have my gripes, but I try to minimize my public airing of them as much as possible, and so I think it's time to move on, don't you?

~BB~

Now THAT is an honest statement, and I appreciate the compliments, even if I disagree that the gate SHOULD be 'rusted shut.' My issues have been political or business oriented, not personal. I've seen a bunch of improvements on that which I've criticized in the past and I haven't been shy about admitting it. I still have my gripes, but I try to minimize my public airing of them as much as possible, and so I think it's time to move on, don't you?

~BB~
    I believe you believe, they were business orientated.
    I've moved on - come on. You need to squirt some "oil" on the rusted gate, it's your gate!

Asswhipper Veteran Poster VictoriaVeil's Avatar

I'd like a roll in the hay with, but I doubt they'll be the best picks either.
    A roll in the hay sounds like fantastic fun...

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

I just hope Aubrey Kate wins best newcomer and Sunshyne Monroe wins best hardcore

Deal Wit It!

Professional Poster Castor_Troy05's Avatar

I nominated Nikki cos she told me to. Fingers crossed

Though I do agree South American & Asian should be separate categories, or people are just gonna vote for Eva Lin usually over any south american

It's so difficult to choose! I have so many favourite girls, i can't make my mind up, that's the problem