View Poll Results: Does a cross dressing man deserve to be called "She"?

Voters
223. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

101 45.29%
  • No

122 54.71%
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by DarkThanos
    Quote Originally Posted by Phat

ok well I didn't know we were talking stricly crossdressers who dress for sexual gratification.

"Does a cross dressing man deserve to be called "She"?"

that is the title of the thread you are posting in...that should have been the first clue...
    well the title is misleading. there is more than one reason that a man will crossdress, therefore you can't say whether or not they "deserve" to be called female.

but, if you're speaking strictly biological, then why would any transexual pre-op or post-op ever be called 'female'. they would not, regardless of opinion. it's gender-identity that comes into play.

Junior Poster

I believe the reason this thread was even created was due to another thread created titled "If I shaved my legs?", where a CD outright asked if the guys on here would fuck him if he shaved his legs...I think that is the CD for sexual gratification Mac was getting at...that doesn't sound like gender confusion, it sounds like the guy is a homosexual...
    that may very well be, and I never said that all crossdressers were transgendered, but some are, so I was sticking up for them.

as for the other thread that's just creepy haha

Joanna Jet Veteran Poster joannajet's Avatar

Hi all,

It is a delight to see a post that leads to a valuable debate.

To put in my two pennies worth, I see the answer to this question as a matter of respect to others.

If someone wishes to be referred to as he, she, Emperor, Messiah or even Martian, then I am happy to do so as a matter of respect for their individuality, because at the end of the day, to comply with their wish will not bring my world to an end but it may very well make a huge difference to theirs.

Personally, I consider labels to be a curse of today's society. Why can't we simply accept Jane for being Jane and John for being John without trying to squeeze them into a stereotypical box for our own self-comfort?

A moment of zen from yours truly,

Joanna Jet
    xxx

I believe the reason this thread was even created was due to another thread created titled "If I shaved my legs?", where a CD outright asked if the guys on here would fuck him if he shaved his legs...I think that is the CD for sexual gratification Mac was getting at...that doesn't sound like gender confusion, it sounds like the guy is a homosexual...

Got nothing against homosexuals, crossdressers, you name it. Anything anyone wants to do to get their sex thang going, so long as they do it with people who are of an age to consent and do so, is fine by me. I just think we should be honest about it.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by MacShreach

Got nothing against homosexuals, crossdressers, you name it. Anything anyone wants to do to get their sex thang going, so long as they do it with people who are of an age to consent and do so, is fine by me. I just think we should be honest about it.
    well then, honestly that guy is realy creepy lol

Quote Originally Posted by joannajet
    Hi all,

To put in my two pennies worth, I see the answer to this question as a matter of respect to others.

Joanna Jet
    xxx
    Yup. Agreed. That is why, as I said, even if I met the most obvious cross dresser, I would play the game sweet. I really don't believe in hurting or insulting people gratuitously. (Thinks a moment.) Well not in the real world anyway....

But if we're being honest about what I think, then it's different. Joanna, you put a huge amount of time and commitment into transitioning. I believe that merits a greater respect than the guy who spends his regular life as a man and goes out as a woman on Friday for a kick. That's it really.

Junior Poster

Hi all,

Joanna Jet
    xxx
    Yup. Agreed. That is why, as I said, even if I met the most obvious cross dresser, I would play the game sweet. I really don't believe in hurting or insulting people gratuitously. (Thinks a moment.) Well not in the real world anyway....

But if we're being honest about what I think, then it's different. Joanna, you put a huge amount of time and commitment into transitioning. I believe that merits a greater respect than the guy who spends his regular life as a man and goes out as a woman on Friday for a kick. That's it really.
    I agree completely, the only people I was arguing for are the transgendered who crossdress full time.

Junior Poster

Hi all,

Joanna Jet
    xxx

I agree completely, the only people I was arguing for are the transgendered who crossdress full time who maybe just cannot afford surgery or do not wish to get surgery.

Joanna Jet Veteran Poster joannajet's Avatar

Hi,

The posts that have followed my comments, whilst respected for their opinions, have also served to emphasize the nexus of this debate.

By the setting of personal boundaries such as "full-time" or "not convincing", the author is declaring their opinion of right or wrong upon another individual.

Whilst I am grateful of being recognised in these posts as qualifying (in the view of others) as a "she", the fact remains that I felt as such way before my physical appearance aided and abeited this label.

What qualifications or status grants upon us justification to make judgement above and beyond the personal rights of others?
    I am bestowed by posters to this board the right of "she" but as the British tabloids demonstrated when they ripped me apart a couple of years ago, I was very much a "he".

If I wish to be regarded as "she" in the face of contradictory views, how can I possibly deny this right to any other??

The question is therefore, can you??

Or to put it another way, are civil rights a rightful action or simply bestowed when it suits us??

Yours,

Joanna Jet
    xxx

Junior Poster

Hi,

The posts that have followed my comments, whilst respected for their opinions, have also served to emphasize the nexus of this debate.

By the setting of personal boundaries such as "full-time" or "not convincing", the author is declaring their opinion of right or wrong upon another individual.

Whilst I am grateful of being recognised in these posts as qualifying (in the view of others) as a "she", the fact remains that I felt as such way before my physical appearance aided and abeited this label.

What qualifications or status grants upon us justification to make judgement above and beyond the personal rights of others?
    I am bestowed by posters to this board the right of "she" but as the British tabloids demonstrated when they ripped me apart a couple of years ago, I was very much a "he".

If I wish to be regarded as "she" in the face of contradictory views, how can I possibly deny this right to any other??

The question is therefore, can you??

Or to put it another way, are civil rights a rightful action or simply bestowed when it suits us??

Yours,

Joanna Jet
    xxx
    I agree, you just can't worry about what other people think