Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Senior Member Platinum Poster giovanni_hotel's Avatar

Default Re: Black people. I'm talking to you...

Not a different species. Come on man.

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Different species, eh? Bad karma here for sure.

That's more so a testament to your own self-hatred as a people that you wound up inflicting on mine in the trading places. Why if i, or anyone else for that matter, state the truth of who each of us actually is do i get branded with with slanderous titles? No matter what is presented in the media I am not neanderthal. But if I were part of the group of people who were then I would accept the fact that this is who I was and the cultural practices associated with my past. I wouldnt look at another peoples customs as being superior to my own and I would just live as I feel I'm supposed to- in a manner that brings me happiness and comfort. I wouldnt practice veganism knowing that I have trouble with the digestion of plant life.

0 out of 2 members liked this post.
    Last edited by mac.B; 11-12-2013 at 07:35 PM.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mac.B View Post
    That's more so a testament to your own self-hatred as a people that you wound up inflicting on mine in the trading places. Why if i, or anyone else for that matter, state the truth of who each of us actually is do i get branded with with slanderous titles? No matter what is presented in the media I am not neanderthal. But if I were part of the group of people who were then I would accept the fact that this is who I was and the cultural practices associated with my past. I wouldnt look at another peoples customs as being superior to my own and I would just live as I feel I'm supposed to- in a manner that brings me happiness and comfort. I wouldnt practice veganism knowing that I have trouble with the digestion of plant life.
    What species do you imagine I am, if not yours? What cultural practices do you imagine are associated with your past in particular? Did your people believe in reincarnation and karma? And why wouldn't you look at other people's customs to see if they might not serve your needs better? The arts of weaving, food preservation, hunting, pottery making, writing were and are broadcast throughout the world by travelers, traders and thinkers to the betterment of all our lives. You've borrowed the concept of karmic balance from others. You use and write in a language that was invented by others. You think in that language. It is not self-loathing to want to look around and see the world. Rather, refusal to recognize the fact that we are all related and of one species is symptomatic of an irrational fear of the Other.

4 out of 4 members liked this post.
    Last edited by trish; 11-12-2013 at 07:55 PM.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

None of us are descended from the Neanderthals. Our genetic line split from theirs eons ago and the Neanderthals became extinct. Notice how I said "our?" That's because we're the same species.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

What species do you imagine I am, if not yours? What cultural practices do you imagine are associated with your past in particular? Did your people believe in reincarnation and karma? And why wouldn't you look at other people's customs to see if they might not serve your needs better? The arts of weaving, food preservation, hunting, pottery making, writing were and are broadcast throughout the world by travelers, traders and thinkers to the betterment of all our lives. You've borrowed the concept of karmic balance from others. You use and write in a language that was invented by others. You think in that language. It is not self-loathing to want to look around and see the world. Rather, refusal to recognize the fact that we are all related and of one species is symptomatic of an irrational fear of the Other.

If you say so.

0 out of 2 members liked this post.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

I did more than say so; I asked a few questions too.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower View Post
    None of us are descended from the Neanderthals. Our genetic line split from theirs eons ago and the Neanderthals became extinct. Notice how I said "our?" That's because we're the same species.
    Ok.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

I did more than say so; I asked a few questions too.

Hmmm...I wouldn't hold your breath on getting any answers to those questions you asked, Trish.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Yes, I'm aware that that picture exists. However, when the neanderthal settlers began to pass indianization laws to prevent their people from interacting with us one of the stories they told was that we practiced cannibalism. The funny thing is that their people actually began to believe it despite the fact that it was their own people who practiced that custom which led them to want to be with us in the first place.
    Neanderthal settlers? A new one on me. Them...us...isn't it always 'they' who practise cannibalism, even if in fact they do not? Cannibalism has been used as a means of demonising the other in many different cultures. Anyway Masterchef: the Professionals is on tv this week, hence the attraction of cooked meat, as long as its tender and pink when it gets onto the plate with a medley of crisp vegetables and a red wine jus.

Gold Poster

From what I have gathered you think those who share your background are fundamentally different from people of other cultures and need your guidance. It sounds like sort of an anthropologically confused separatist message. But then again you haven't written anything coherent and I doubt anyone needs the kind of advice you're offering.

3 out of 3 members liked this post.
    Last edited by broncofan; 11-13-2013 at 01:02 AM.