Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Newbie

Default Re: Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by dderek123 View Post
    I hear you on that. It's been slow for the last little while. The last light-hearted thread that comes to mind is Dans old whisky thread.
    Censorship will do it any time. I guess it has a certain neo-Stalinist/brutalist chic. Bit like 'Darkness At Noon' without the horse-laughs.

Bring back Mimi!

Quote Originally Posted by MacShreach View Post
    Censorship will do it any time. I guess it has a certain neo-Stalinist/brutalist chic. Bit like 'Darkness At Noon' without the horse-laughs.

Bring back Mimi!
    Oh man Mimi ruffled a few feathers back then. I liked it when Nicole would tear someone up for a couple of weeks. But when she locked horns with another Angel it would cause a nuclear meltdown around here.

I think there's a fine line between being funny/cheeky and being a crass asshole. Well it's not that fine but people tend to have plenty of difficulty with seeing it.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Oh man Mimi ruffled a few feathers back then. I liked it when Nicole would tear someone up for a couple of weeks. But when she locked horns with another Angel it would cause a nuclear meltdown around here.

I think there's a fine line between being funny/cheeky and being a crass asshole. Well it's not that fine but people tend to have plenty of difficulty with seeing it.
    I loved every minute of it-- and I had a few major meltdowns with Nicole (some before she was Nicole). But you know what? I ended up really liking her. I mean really. She turns up on my doorstep tomorrow and the guest room (well one of em) is hers. (I might have to lock her in it from time to time, but still...) And she would not be alone with that...level of trust.

The thing is, the girls have a lot to work out, but actually, so do the guys. What we do is...edgy...and sometimes difficult...It makes you ask very deep questions about just exactly who and what you are; well if you're not a complete moron anyway. Now I happen to have training that helps there, but most people don't, and HA used to be the place where you could go 'fuck dealing with the straight world and all its hangups, gimme a pint, and BTW who the fuck do you think you're looking at?'

Oh and btw readers, if you want to know more, buy 'The Warm Pink Jelly Express Train'. Links below!

I loved every minute of it-- and I had a few major meltdowns with Nicole (some before she was Nicole). But you know what? I ended up really liking her. I mean really. She turns up on my doorstep tomorrow and the guest room (well one of em) is hers. (I might have to lock her in it from time to time, but still...) And she would not be alone with that...level of trust.

The thing is, the girls have a lot to work out, but actually, so do the guys. What we do is...edgy...and sometimes difficult...It makes you ask very deep questions about just exactly who and what you are; well if you're not a complete moron anyway. Now I happen to have training that helps there, but most people don't, and HA used to be the place where you could go 'fuck dealing with the straight world and all its hangups, gimme a pint, and BTW who the fuck do you think you're looking at?'

Oh and btw readers, if you want to know more, buy 'The Warm Pink Jelly Express Train'. Links below!
    I totally respect what you're saying. But the hardcore trolling that was going on back then wasn't always fun. I liked Nicole a lot too. Never really locked horns with her or chatted though. I think Mimi crossed the line though. The line being spreading HIV rumours about others.

Like today i had a nice chat with Krissy about computers. We had a difference of opinion but she never called me a faggot lol. Back when I first joined I think things would have happened differently.

I totally respect what you're saying. But the hardcore trolling that was going on back then wasn't always fun. I liked Nicole a lot too. Never really locked horns with her or chatted though. I think Mimi crossed the line though. The line being spreading HIV rumours about others.

Like today i had a nice chat with Krissy about computers. We had a difference of opinion but she never called me a faggot lol. Back when I first joined I think things would have happened differently.

Clearly, lying about others should be flagged, like calling people names (doesn't matter what name, but TIC excepted.) But now...Huge fuckin meh. The thing was, before, you could choose...if you didn't want to get into it, you avoided those threads...and they were obvious. HA used to be a resource; now it's a shop front. I don't mind that--I mean Seanchai put good money that belonged to him into it and he absolutely deserves a return on that--but the level of intrusion into discussion is...unfortunate.

BTW Krissy is an absolute darling and gets nothing but support from me.

Clearly, lying about others should be flagged, like calling people names (doesn't matter what name, but TIC excepted.) But now...Huge fuckin meh. The thing was, before, you could choose...if you didn't want to get into it, you avoided those threads...and they were obvious. HA used to be a resource; now it's a shop front. I don't mind that--I mean Seanchai put good money that belonged to him into it and he absolutely deserves a return on that--but the level of intrusion into discussion is...unfortunate.
    Well there's always 4chan if you want a wild west type of forum. I like reddit because it offers a bit of everything to everyone.

Well there's always 4chan if you want a wild west type of forum. I like reddit because it offers a bit of everything to everyone.
    Yeah, but HA was ours, you know? There are a lot of forums (my classical education makes me hate saying that) where you can have a barney...but the old HA was different because here we said up front, either I'm a transwoman or I like transwomen--and let us be certain here-- I like transwomen A LOT.

Anywhere else and you have to deal with the twats, you know?