Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default A game idea I just had

So a while back I was talking to RachelNETV about what I do for a living which is making video games. She asked me about a shemale video game and I told her I've never thought about it.

Well today I had a little bit of a spark and typed up a quick game idea. I didn't spend very long on this so it's not the greatest thing in the world. But I would like to get some opinions and feedback if anyone is willing to read my idea. This idea will probably never go anywhere but I thought I'd share it anyway.

Here is the link to my google document

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Last edited by hiten369; 09-14-2013 at 05:28 AM.
    "What you do is your choice, but there's no right or wrong in who you are."

"Why do you ask "what"?
    When the delicious question is "when".
    The only difference between past and present...
    is semantics.
    Lives, lived, will live.
    Dies, died, will die."
    If we could perceive time as it really was...
    what reason would grammar professors have to get out of bed?"

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Default Re: A game idea I just had

Fun - but I'm missing why she's a transsexual/shemale? How does that relate to gameplay?

She RoXXX! Professional Poster LilyRox's Avatar

I like the idea of a TS video game with no actual reason why she's a TS or having it affect the game play a lot. It's a good idea to expand the market on these types of things and just show TS's as humans. If more stuff like this was pushed in the media there would be less stereotypical views of TS's. Unfortunately almost everything related to TS's in the media centers around the fact that the girl has a dick. I personally think it's a good idea and show what people going through transitioning is like. You could also implement gaming flashbacks to build onto the story and Sams background.

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LilyRox View Post
    I like the idea of a TS video game with no actual reason why she's a TS or having it affect the game play a lot. It's a good idea to expand the market on these types of things and just show TS's as humans. If more stuff like this was pushed in the media there would be less stereotypical views of TS's. Unfortunately almost everything related to TS's in the media centers around the fact that the girl has a dick. I personally think it's a good idea and show what people going through transitioning is like. You could also implement gaming flashbacks to build onto the story and Sams background.
    That's fine - I like that and would like to see it more in main stream media also - but he went out to create a "shemale game".
    My point really is, aren't any of the characters that you (Lily) plays in a first person shooter, generally going to be a ... transsexual ?

Quote Originally Posted by seanchai View Post
    That's fine - I like that and would like to see it more in main stream media also - but he went out to create a "shemale game".
    My point really is, aren't any of the characters that you (Lily) plays in a first person shooter, generally going to be a ... transsexual ?
    You're partially right, I did go out of my way to make the protagonist a transsexual. But some of the gameplay ideas came from reading a book called Physics of the Future by Michio Kaku and seeing gameplay video of Watch_Dogs. I wanted to make the main character believable, but the fact that she is a transsexual had nothing to do with her powers which is the whole point. The story, from what I have so far, is supposed to be about Sam protected her family even though only her brother approves of her.
    I was thinking of making the climax of the game to be Sam's decision to spread the nano technology around the world so that everyone is truly connected in a very real sense. Kinda like the singularity idea.

To your second point, most if not all FPS have a male(straight) lead character. You could argue that Shepard from Mass Effect 3 can be gay or a lesbian so I guess that counts for something. But Mass Effect is a 3rd person game not an FPS; my game idea is also has a 3d person viewpoint.

"Why do you ask "what"?
    is semantics.
    Lives, lived, will live.
    Dies, died, will die."

It would be great to have TS playable characters in Borderlands 2.

Birdo is a TS so why not?

Birdo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Vasto Lorde Gold Poster Quiet Reflections's Avatar

Would the advanced gov. Nano tech complete her transition for her? It would seem that once they entered her system and detected the female hormones they would see the penis as a defect and auto-correct. It just makes sense if you are already going the route of a nano-tech boob job. Would the ultimate goal be to disconnect herself, her family and her tech from the grid and live free since it seems that the possibility of the gov. always being able to control people through the nano tech would be a real issue in that world?

Quote Originally Posted by Quiet Reflections View Post
    Would the advanced gov. Nano tech complete her transition for her? It would seem that once they entered her system and detected the female hormones they would see the penis as a defect and auto-correct. It just makes sense if you are already going the route of a nano-tech boob job. Would the ultimate goal be to disconnect herself, her family and her tech from the grid and live free since it seems that the possibility of the gov. always being able to control people through the nano tech would be a real issue in that world?
    That sounds like a pretty good idea.
    As I said below, at some point in the climax of the game, Sam's decides to spread the nano technology around the world so that everyone is truly connected in a very real sense. Kinda like the singularity idea. This is somewhat my take on transhumanism but I'm open to suggestions. Leave a comment on the google doc if you have the time.

To add some self criticism here, the gameplay sounds way to much like Watch_Dogs so I would have to find a way to make the game mechanics more unique.

"Why do you ask "what"?
    is semantics.
    Lives, lived, will live.
    Dies, died, will die."

If it was some sort of simulation game or something. But a third person shooter? Haha nice one OP

I use to be a Goon. Now I'm a Pretty Bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryz View Post
    If it was some sort of simulation game or something. But a third person shooter? Haha nice one OP
    More like an open world action-adventure game.

"Why do you ask "what"?
    is semantics.
    Lives, lived, will live.
    Dies, died, will die."