Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    We all love a little Miss Meadows. Veteran Poster

Default Launch of tsmirandameadows.com

Hey everyone!

I've been working on getting a blog started, and feel like I have enough design and content work done at this point that it's worth sharing. I envision the blog not only as a place to promote my content and appearances, but also as a venue for fans to get to know me and for me to write about my thoughts, feelings, and experiences. The posts I'm launching with will give you an idea of the breadth of the content and my particular voice. Feel free to leave feedback, either here or at the site itself.

www.tsmirandameadows.com

P.S. This has been a very tumultuous 10 days for me, and I'm afraid I have a private message backlog to get through. I'll be answering all of them tomorrow, and also intend to be a much more active and regular personality of this forum. See you around!

4 out of 4 members liked this post.

Verified account Silver Poster Ben in LA's Avatar

Default Re: Launch of tsmirandameadows.com

Looking forward to reading it!

Member Rookie Poster

So fucking hot! I live in sj :P

Professional Poster

Wow your blog is cool.
    You have very big cock honey, you will put ruler shot?
    Kisses, you are pretty

Looks cool. By any chance would you be sharing any wisdom from your experience as a personal trainer?

I have my first 5k running race coming up and my knees are getting pretty sore and wobbly. Any tips?

Cool blog btw.

Quote Originally Posted by dderek123 View Post
    Looks cool. By any chance would you be sharing any wisdom from your experience as a personal trainer?

I have my first 5k running race coming up and my knees are getting pretty sore and wobbly. Any tips?

Cool blog btw.
    Well I'm not certified yet, so strictly speaking I'm not yet qualified to give advice in this regard. But...

How are your running shoes doing? Is the cushioning still intact, or has it worn down and "gone flat"? Is the rubber on the bottom of the shoe looking worn? The most common cause of knee pain for runners is running in worn out or ill-fitting shoes. If you're uncertain take them to a specialty running shoe store and show them to a clerk, and she'll be able to tell you whether it's time for a new pair.

Otherwise, have you had a history of knee pain or knee injury? If so you might need to modify your training regimen. Concrete and asphalt are probably the two hardest surfaces for running and put the most strain on your knee joint. If there is a park nearby where you can run on a trail or on grass, look into that as an option: your knees will thank you.

Finally, what's your current training volume, i.e. frequency per week, intensity, and duration of run? How long have you been running? How rapid was the progression to your current training volume? Since this is your first 5k I'm guessing that you are relatively new to running, and you may be experiencing a minor overuse injury due to overtraining. Reduce your volume a bit, maybe by 20-25%, and see if the pain clears up.

If you don't want to lose the conditioning time, cross train in a non-weight-bearing mode, i.e. swim or bike. Your body adapts to specific stimuli, so swimming and biking aren't nearly as effective at making you a better runner as running itself is, but they will help maintain or even improve general cardiovascular conditioning. Likewise, inserting some cross-training into your training plan will reduce the strain on your joints, thus preventing injury and overuse, and therefore getting you in better shape for your race.

Finally, make sure you are getting 1-2 days of complete rest per week.

So my advice boils down to four things:
    1. Make sure your shoes haven't worn out and that they fit well.
    2. Run on a softer surface.
    3. Reduce your overall training volume.
    4. Cross-train 1-2 days per week in a non-load-bearing cardiovascular activity.
    5. Get complete rest 1-2 days per week.

If you have further questions, or want some performance related advice, rather than injury prevention, let me know.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Old Biddy Silver Poster Gillian's Avatar

Just had a quick look and a read. To go from Doom3 to the etymology of your blog title in a a single leap is pretty cool ...

Good luck with everything ...

Quote Originally Posted by Shelf View Post
    Just had a quick look and a read. To go from Doom3 to the etymology of your blog title in a a single leap is pretty cool ...

Good luck with everything ...
    Thanks! I've got pretty wide ranging interests, so I'm trying to reflect that in what I write about. Hopefully some of it is of interest to people, and if not, I'll be posting sexy pics with nearly every entry, so there's always that.

Quote Originally Posted by tsmirandameadows View Post
    Well I'm not certified yet, so strictly speaking I'm not yet qualified to give advice in this regard. But...

How are your running shoes doing? Is the cushioning still intact, or has it worn down and "gone flat"? Is the rubber on the bottom of the shoe looking worn? The most common cause of knee pain for runners is running in worn out or ill-fitting shoes. If you're uncertain take them to a specialty running shoe store and show them to a clerk, and she'll be able to tell you whether it's time for a new pair.

Otherwise, have you had a history of knee pain or knee injury? If so you might need to modify your training regimen. Concrete and asphalt are probably the two hardest surfaces for running and put the most strain on your knee joint. If there is a park nearby where you can run on a trail or on grass, look into that as an option: your knees will thank you.

Finally, what's your current training volume, i.e. frequency per week, intensity, and duration of run? How long have you been running? How rapid was the progression to your current training volume? Since this is your first 5k I'm guessing that you are relatively new to running, and you may be experiencing a minor overuse injury due to overtraining. Reduce your volume a bit, maybe by 20-25%, and see if the pain clears up.

If you don't want to lose the conditioning time, cross train in a non-weight-bearing mode, i.e. swim or bike. Your body adapts to specific stimuli, so swimming and biking aren't nearly as effective at making you a better runner as running itself is, but they will help maintain or even improve general cardiovascular conditioning. Likewise, inserting some cross-training into your training plan will reduce the strain on your joints, thus preventing injury and overuse, and therefore getting you in better shape for your race.

Finally, make sure you are getting 1-2 days of complete rest per week.

So my advice boils down to four things:
    1. Make sure your shoes haven't worn out and that they fit well.
    2. Run on a softer surface.
    3. Reduce your overall training volume.
    4. Cross-train 1-2 days per week in a non-load-bearing cardiovascular activity.
    5. Get complete rest 1-2 days per week.

If you have further questions, or want some performance related advice, rather than injury prevention, let me know.
    I wish I could click like on this post more than once haha. I'll PM you with a few more questions. Thanks for the awesome advice, I'm pretty green when it comes to training and whatnot.

LOVER OF BIG ASS Platinum Poster youngblood61's Avatar

Good stuff Miranda!