Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: [RIO DE JANEIRO] Rio Relax Party - Photos & Videos

Quote Originally Posted by florida_raul View Post
    Rio is no more dangerous than any other big city.

What about the cops? Sometimes they are as much of a problem as any criminal would be. You should know that in some big cities the cops have a different playing field and they make their own rules, rules that can change from day to day.

In those countries they look at Americans, Canadians, Asians, and Europeans as prey; or a walking, talking ATM machine waiting to be taken advantage of.

Not saying they do in Rio, I don't know jack about Rio...yet.

Corrupt cops in some cities perform what is known as a 'shakedown.' One reason is because the cops don't make as much money as a cop in America or Canada does.

In fact in some countries they're severely underpaid and would be considered financially poor.

For example, a cop in Mexico might make 500 bucks a month. Ditto for the cops in the Philippines.

As for the cops in Rio, can a tourist "trust" most of them like you can the ones in the U.S, Canada and Japan?

This is how I'm defining "trust": The chance of a cop shaking a tourist down is almost zero.

Or do the cops in Rio make shitty wages and then earn a little cash on the side by shaking down tourists, planting drugs on tourists, extorting money from tourists by fabricating false charges, etc?

In some cities around the world a cop will literally kidnap a tourist for several hours. The cop will put a tourist in the back of a cop car.

The cop then takes the tourist to different ATM machines. The tourist then hands the money over to the cop.

In some countries, there's all kinds of different tactics a cop will use to steal money from a tourist.

This ain't nothing new, the strong arm tactics used by cops in foreign countries have been around for years.

In some countries you gotta keep an eye on the cops the same way you keep an eye out for gang bangers, tweekers, and thugs.

Money talks when you're dealing with corrupt cops. Some guys, those skilled in self defense and who look scary (big, muscular, tatts, etc), carry a large wad of cash around with them in order to buy their way out of trouble when bad shit with the police goes down.

So what are the cops in Rio like? Do they get paid well? Do they have a reputation for shaking down tourists?

Last edited by InglouriousBasterd; 09-23-2014 at 12:18 PM.

yea, well cops are not angels in Brazil either and they don't get paid well. I'm sure they are as corrupt as they can possible be... of course there are few exceptions.

In brazil, if you did something stupid, like carry drugs with you, drive too fast etc...
    then cops don't want to take you to police station because it's too much hassle. they have to fill out a lot of paperwork and do lot of work in station and loose many hours, also you would loose many hours.... so they prefer to go easy way and ask money from you and solve the problem.

I've had few incidents:

1. I picked up a TS (my friend) in Lapa area, Rio to visit together a samba school party.
    Soon after 5 min driving the cops stop the taxi ask to step out. They searched me and my ts friend, but didn't find anything and so they let us go. Of course if I had drugs with me... then I would have to give money to cops.

2. second time was me, my buddy and a TS girl in the car. Police stopped us and of course immediately they did complete search... because it looked suspicious. this time it was LEI SECA control, which means they are looking for drunk drivers. if you get in trouble there and have been drinking, you can't buy your way out... because police there have been combined of people from different areas and also from people who have lost someone close because of drunk driver. So they want to punish you.
    Again they didn't find anything and had to let us go.

I haven't heard that police would have extorted money or planted drugs... So I don't think it's common in Brazil .. but I guess it could happen in rare cases.

Quote Originally Posted by InglouriousBasterd View Post
    What about the cops? Sometimes they are as much of a problem as any criminal would be. You should know that in some big cities the cops have a different playing field and they make their own rules, rules that can change from day to day.

In those countries they look at Americans, Canadians, Asians, and Europeans as prey; or a walking, talking ATM machine waiting to be taken advantage of.

Not saying they do in Rio, I don't know jack about Rio...yet.

Corrupt cops in some cities perform what is known as a 'shakedown.' One reason is because the cops don't make as much money as a cop in America or Canada does.

In fact in some countries they're severely underpaid and would be considered financially poor.

For example, a cop in Mexico might make 500 bucks a month. Ditto for the cops in the Philippines.

As for the cops in Rio, can a tourist "trust" most of them like you can the ones in the U.S, Canada and Japan?

This is how I'm defining "trust": The chance of a cop shaking a tourist down is almost zero.

Or do the cops in Rio make shitty wages and then earn a little cash on the side by shaking down tourists, planting drugs on tourists, extorting money from tourists by fabricating false charges, etc?

In some cities around the world a cop will literally kidnap a tourist for several hours. The cop will put a tourist in the back of a cop car.

The cop then takes the tourist to different ATM machines. The tourist then hands the money over to the cop.

In some countries, there's all kinds of different tactics a cop will use to steal money from a tourist.

This ain't nothing new, the strong arm tactics used by cops in foreign countries have been around for years.

In some countries you gotta keep an eye on the cops the same way you keep an eye out for gang bangers, tweekers, and thugs.

Money talks when you're dealing with corrupt cops. Some guys, those skilled in self defense and who look scary (big, muscular, tatts, etc), carry a large wad of cash around with them in order to buy their way out of trouble when bad shit with the police goes down.

So what are the cops in Rio like? Do they get paid well? Do they have a reputation for shaking down tourists?

Sao Paulo parties:
    Thursday & Friday - Flex Club
    Friday - Buu Buu Lounge
    Saturday - The Week (the best)
    Sunday - Kantho Club

more info about clubs
    http://www.ts-dating.com/tgbars/Brazil

I think there are party on wendsday too... Terca Trans, but not sure.

NB! most of those parties are gay, but you see a lot ts and gg girls there.

There are parties in Rio also but not so much as SP.
    The Week club is open again on Saturdays... and quite often there are Pool Parties, and gay parties like Rise Up and We Love where may ts attend.

Sao Paulo is best for parties and amount of TS, but crappy weather.
    Rio is best for relax, beach, samba and has good weather.

Quote Originally Posted by coolboyaaa View Post
    So São Paulo has Better and bigger parties than rio can u please name some of the clubs in São Paulo ........are girls alright to pick up from bars some of the girls look stunning way better than American tgirls am defenetly planning a trip soon where would u reccomond me São Paulo , rio, or bueno aires