Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Silver Poster

Default Re: Ben Affleck? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by bassman2546 View Post
    My question is, why another Batman movie?
    because studios rely on sure bets, and they know there are people who simply cannot ignore superhero movies- even if they just go to see how bad it is.

if people didn't watch them, they wouldn't make them. but that won't happen, because people go watch anything.

Senior Member Silver Poster EvaCassini's Avatar

And this is why Marvel will dominate in film.
    And why we can have nice things.

And also why I only like Marvel. DC has really been dropping the ball. The only good thing we got was the Nolan Trilogy.

Every Superman "reboot" sucked and couldn't really allow for tie-ins to other hero movies until the Nolan Trilogy came along, and still...Superman is really the worst superhero, truly.

The latest, is that the movie is pitted around Batman and Superman fighting each other...In Marvel, they only needed to show "that" for like 20 minutes in ONE movie, not waste an entire movie to show two or more superheroes pummel each other.
    Whats the fucking point? Profit.

And where does this profit go? I'll tell you...

ANOTHER FUCKING SUPERMAN REBOOT! LMAO

1 out of 2 members liked this post.

Vasto Lorde Gold Poster Quiet Reflections's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dderek123 View Post
    Clooney was the worst i thought.
    Worse than Val Kilmer?

Vasto Lorde Gold Poster Quiet Reflections's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EvaCassini View Post
    Superman is really the worst superhero, truly.
    I hate superman but thats not true. He sucks and the movies suck but he is nowhere near the worst. Im sure we could easily come up with a list of 100 heros worse than superman.
    Mr fantastic
    squirrel girl
    aquaman
    green arrow
    aqualad
    Iron man
    Hawkman
    Falcon
    witchblade
    electra
    and thats just to start

Last edited by Quiet Reflections; 08-23-2013 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiet Reflections View Post
    I hate superman but thats not true. He sucks and the movies suck but he is nowhere near the worst. Im sure we could easily come up with a list of 100 heros worse than superman.
    Mr fantastic
    squirrel girl
    aquaman
    green arrow
    aqualad
    Iron man
    Hawkman
    Falcon
    witchblade
    electra
    and thats just to start
    Choda Boy!

Quote Originally Posted by Quiet Reflections View Post
    Worse than Val Kilmer?
    Yeah those movies stunk. But the kilmer movies were a little bit less sucky.

In other exciting news, I hear that Hollywood has decided to do a remake of Malcom X with Seth Green playing the role of Malcom.

1 out of 2 members liked this post.
    Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Senior Member Silver Poster EvaCassini's Avatar

THis is what you said...let me add my points in bold red lol...

Mr fantastic ( not great, but not more worse )
    squirrel girl ( sure )
    aquaman ( sure )
    green arrow ( sure )
    aqualad ( sure )
    Iron man ( FUCK NO. He's a real person, with real problems. I will defend Ironman for eons, he's my favorite. )
    Hawkman ( sure )
    Falcon ( He's ok but not bad )
    and thats just to start

Superman is the worst hero ( Well known hero ) because...

Indestructibility - Nothing can harm him...at all, unless it's Kryptonite or another Kryptonian ( how much/many of those are there? Not much )

Moral Absolutism - He has no values of his own. He seems to only uphold those values of the high elite in human society.

Symbol of "Hope"? - Hope my ass. The thing he stands for is to be the substitute for humans helping each other. He is a literal god compared to humans. That being said, how have god-like beings in the real world turn out? How have they helped? Imagine if Superman was real...beating up terrorists, saving whales, pummeling robbers, ripping the penis' off of pedos. Where is this hope? He basically solves and resolves any problem and leaves we humans to not do anything, we just need help from harm. Please Superman help me, save me...Why can't other humans learn from this "hope" and help each other out and come up with some kind of team of people who protect the innocents...sounds like S.H.I.E.L.D eh? LOL

Powers - Not earned! Given to him by his people. Seemingly limitless ( because there are stars everywhere... ). TOO MANY. He has nothing to prove.

In closing...
    The only thing Superman is good for is Coke. I'll explain. He markets well like Coke doesn't he? Of coarse he does. Who doesn't want to drink coke, who doesn't wish they were Superman or had at least 1-15 of his powers. He is an American Icon. Everyone knows Superman as well as they know Coke.

Wonder why no aliens has come down and made contact with us, helped us, annihilated us? It's because of ALL the radio transmissions they hear in space about Superman. They most likely believe he is real and feel like we are fine and do need help ( We have Superman, he helps us ), don't need to conquer us ( We have Superman, he already did )

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Professional Poster

I dont understand the Affleck hate.

Daredevil was a solid film - not great but not terrible either.

He's a big guy and definitely is probably the closest physical match to Batman ever cast both facially and physically.

He's a good actor and has matured as shown by things like Argo.

If it's him and Cavill as an older Batman younger Superman I can totally see it.

It also opens up a bizarre but very cool casting option - Casey Affleck as the Joker. The two characters are like twisted sides of a coin and visually Casey could actually pull that off - good actor too.

By the way to those who said MOS under-performed - it's made 289mil uS and 650mil worldwide total in 2 months. I'd hate to see what people define as a success nowadays if that is failure.

The Marvel films have been more fun but the Dark Knight films and MOS were decent films that made plenty of money.

By the by has anyone seen the GOTG footage. That looks freaking amazing. I want the talking tree, angry raccoon, blue chick from Avatar turned green, Batista turned green and guy from Parks & recreation in Space film and I want it so bad.

Also Simon Pegg is probably going to be Ant-Man.

2 out of 3 members liked this post.

Professional Poster

Oh and as for TS version of Batman - Eva as Batman with Jamie as the Joker would actually kind of work.

2 out of 3 members liked this post.