Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 LastLast
    Senior Member Junior Poster sabre666's Avatar

Default Re: Bradley Manning: I want to live as a woman

Quote Originally Posted by joeninety View Post
    Most of those criminals would not have been had they had decent opportunities..the problem could be solved but they are part of a want.....without them what is to fear, why have police, courts, justice etc lot of jobs gone a major control tool unravelled.

You should have added that most wars if not all are driven by greed. Greed by leaders and a system you seem to have so much respect for, and a system ideaology you seem to have really bought into, something Manning did not and more power to him for standing up for what was morally right........
    Hmm, just have to agree to disagree. Not about everything you've said, but too much to go point for point.
    Obviously we both feel very strongly about our respective positions.
    I respect your right to yours.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by sabre666 View Post
    The fact that there are still Jews in the world. Don't they have a right to exist?
    The fact that we can be here arguing the point?
    I'm not saying we're perfect but we are the best option going for now.

Here do some reading, recognise the contradictions and tell me what's up with the picture.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/...US-Israel.html

http://rense.com/general40/bushfamilyfundedhitler.htm

http://www.theguardian.com/world/200...secondworldwar

0 out of 2 members liked this post.
    Evie this bad boys just for you, and good luck with everything xxx

Quote Originally Posted by seanchai View Post
    Here's the deal. Once you apologize for your last outburst and bringing my mother into it, as well as stating calling for Manning's execution is wrong, then you can stay.
    You are entitled to an opinion, I don't have to give you the platform on which to preach it.
    Otherwise ...
    I will apologize for mentioning your mother. That was over the top.
    But not for my opinion on Manning.
    This forum did not specify that it was only for those who support his choice or him.
    If you wanted it to be so, then perhaps a different thread title should have been used.
    You do not agree with my opinion, you don't have to. Just as I do not agree with yours.
    But we both should show respect for each others right to express them.
    And for me to re-cant said position would be dishonest.

Hmm, just have to agree to disagree. Not about everything you've said, but too much to go point for point.
    Obviously we both feel very strongly about our respective positions.
    I respect your right to yours.
    And I am glad you are starting to wise up....keep an open mind and always question the supposed facts because most of the time they are not what they appear to be!!!

0 out of 2 members liked this post.
    Evie this bad boys just for you, and good luck with everything xxx

Quote Originally Posted by joeninety View Post
    And I am glad you are starting to wise up....keep an open mind and always question the supposed facts because most of the time they are not what they appear to be!!!
    Wow, you just can't let something go without a snide/condescending comeback?
    Tried to find neutral ground, but you've got to take a last jab after the bell.
    SMH

Senior Member Silver Poster EvaCassini's Avatar

I get that one should always have their own opinion on things.

But...

Recanting said position does not make one "dishonest".

In the scientific community, if a scientist has had a theory deemed plausible, and has been in textbooks for years, and some new blood scientist comes in, does the same tests but with modern tech, and prove the prior scientist wrong, 9.99 times out of 10, that old scientist will recant and give thanks to the proper and correct theory in place.

That can be said with any other type of people. Just because you recant does not mean you are dishonest, you just didn't know and/or have the right ideas, beliefs, or tech to understand where the mistakes were made.

By the way...for a firing squad...War must me declared and in place. We are not at war.

We may be at war on weight, war on drugs, war on homelessness, war on poverty, war on hunger, war on debt....but those are just word plays that sound neato and the masses follow because of a common ideal. But as for "war" war, no, we are not at war with any particular sovereign nation.

Capital punishment is not the sentence for treason/heresy in peacetime.

2 out of 3 members liked this post.

Chelsea Manning support group:

http://www.bradleymanning.org/

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by EvaCassini View Post
    I get that one should always have their own opinion on things.

But...

Recanting said position does not make one "dishonest".

In the scientific community, if a scientist has had a theory deemed plausible, and has been in textbooks for years, and some new blood scientist comes in, does the same tests but with modern tech, and prove the prior scientist wrong, 9.99 times out of 10, that old scientist will recant and give thanks to the proper and correct theory in place.

That can be said with any other type of people. Just because you recant does not mean you are dishonest, you just didn't know and/or have the right ideas, beliefs, or tech to understand where the mistakes were made.

By the way...for a firing squad...War must me declared and in place. We are not at war.

We may be at war on weight, war on drugs, war on homelessness, war on poverty, war on hunger, war on debt....but those are just word plays that sound neato and the masses follow because of a common ideal. But as for "war" war, no, we are not at war with any particular sovereign nation.

Capital punishment is not the sentence for treason/heresy in peacetime.
    Hmm, interesting position on capital punishment and war-time.
    While technically accurate regarding another sovereign nation, we are "at war" with terrorism. And while I know it doesn't really work, being at war with an "ism", we are however, engaged in hostilities with radical Islamists.
    Just because Obama said the "War on Terror" is over doesn't actually make it so.
    A war doesn't end because one side says it does unless that other side is all dead.
    And we all know the other side certainly is NOT dead.

Still, all in all, a good point.

And regarding my use of re-canting = dishonest, it was about my opinion. Had I said I changed my opinion (my use of recant) when I hadn't, that would have been dishonest on my part.

1 out of 2 members liked this post.
    Last edited by sabre666; 08-25-2013 at 11:21 PM. Reason: typos

Quote Originally Posted by seanchai View Post
    Absolutely - well said. Why do fire fighters not get the same level of respect (or seem to go looking for it?). I give respect where it is due to the person or their actions regardless of the badge they wear or the label they give themselves.
    Seanchai, you're a NY'er aren't you? You've seen the respect Firefighters get (justifiably so, I might add). You couldn't pay me to run into a burning building everyday, so I give them their due.
    No one is saying you have to respect everyone in a uniform. There are always the bastards among us that will try to game the system to get something for nothing and the frauds who pretend to be what they aren't.
    All I'm saying is acknowledge that they have done something you haven't, experienced something you haven't and have knowledge of things you don't.
    The reverse is also true.
    That's not an insult, it is simply what is.

Senior Member Silver Poster EvaCassini's Avatar

Hmm, interesting position on capital punishment and war-time.
    While technically accurate regarding another sovereign nation, we are "at war" with terrorism. And while I know it doesn't really work, being at war with an "ism", we are however, engaged in hostilities with radical Islamists.
    Just because Obama said the "War on Terror" is over doesn't actually make it so.
    A war doesn't end because one side says it does unless that other side is all dead.
    And we all know the other side certainly is NOT dead.

Still, all in all, a good point.

And regarding my use of re-canting = dishonest, it was about my opinion. Had I said I changed my opinion (my use of recant) when I hadn't, that would have been dishonest on my part.
    The "War on Terror" is superfluous. Terrorism happens everyday since the dawn of human societal history. Stamping a name on it, calling it a war brings no merit at all. Just another way for people in high positions in this world to control their people and gain profit. Unless the terms of the Geneva Convention deem it so, we are NOT at war.

There's more out there than just that stereotypical "Radical Islamist". How about radical fundamentalism, radical Christianity, radical Catholicism, radical neo-nazis, radical "freedom fighters" in Africa, and many many others.
    "Until the other side is dead"????? Really? Is that your take of these "ism wars"?
    Just because they are radical, does not mean they have to die. And we call ourselves a "Democratic Society" LMMFAO. Whatever happened to peace talks, ambassadorial meets, diplomacy? Nope, they aren't dead yet, lets keep fighting, because that proves something. Lets wave our so called bigger pricks at the bad guys, so they die.

So your opinion, is absolute?

Seanchai, you're a NY'er aren't you? You've seen the respect Firefighters get (justifiably so, I might add). You couldn't pay me to run into a burning building everyday, so I give them their due.
    No one is saying you have to respect everyone in a uniform. There are always the bastards among us that will try to game the system to get something for nothing and the frauds who pretend to be what they aren't.
    All I'm saying is acknowledge that they have done something you haven't, experienced something you haven't and have knowledge of things you don't.
    The reverse is also true.
    That's not an insult, it is simply what is.

LMAO...this was quite funny.