Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Default Re: Breaking Bad coming back on 8/11!

I can see an ending where everyone dies except Skyler and the kids.

LOVER OF BIG ASS Platinum Poster youngblood61's Avatar

To watch Hank die like that was tough. I always thought he would live, never thought he would go out buried in the desert. Great show, he might have to go after Sky since she knows so much. 2 episodes left!

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

I don't think Walt will turn on Skyler. The traced phone call he made to her was an attempt to exonerate her, in the eyes of those listening in, from all illegal aspects of the business.

I do hope Jesse somehow survives this whole mess and gets a chance to do something with his life. He's the most sympathetic character in the whole series.

Hank's dead. Dead dead! That was a surprise. Two shows ago I would've sworn he'd be alive at the end of the series.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Hank placed everyone in danger with his actions, Walt even warned him. He didn't call it in because he wanted to better his career over doing things safely. And he payed the price for it.

Member Rookie Poster

I think Walt is going after Uncle Jack, Todd, and Lydia. He may also destroy Jack and Todd's drug lab. This is the best show on tv in a longtime.

Quote Originally Posted by dderek123 View Post
    Hank placed everyone in danger with his actions, Walt even warned him. He didn't call it in because he wanted to better his career over doing things safely. And he payed the price for it.
    True. But more than his career, I think Hank just got caught up in the case and couldn't let go. After all, it was this case that crippled him. And then to discover his brother in law was behind it all! There was a lot of stuff (including his wife) pushing Hank to make the decision that he did. But he was warned, and had he been able to think rationally he might not have gone down that road.

Speaking of Hank's wife...isn't she a bit of a bitch? Shouldn't sisters stick up for each other? Shouldn't she have been pressing Hank not to go after Walt? Shouldn't she have been looking out for the family? To be fair she kept harping on the well-being of the children...but I'm not sure what that was all about psychologically speaking.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    True. But more than his career, I think Hank just got caught up in the case and couldn't let go. After all, it was this case that crippled him. And then to discover his brother in law was behind it all! There was a lot of stuff (including his wife) pushing Hank to make the decision that he did. But he was warned, and had he been able to think rationally he might not have gone down that road.
    Absolutely. Thats gotta be one of the themes of the show; becoming more obsessed with an unattainable goal as you pursue it and the consequences that come with a lifestyle like that.
    Speaking of Hank's wife...isn't she a bit of a bitch?
    Yes!

Shouldn't sisters stick up for each other?
    It bothered me how she confronted Skyler during this whole ordeal. She was dealing with her sister and should have used way more tact. I like when a woman stands by her man though.
    Shouldn't she have been pressing Hank not to go after Walt? Shouldn't she have been looking out for the family? To be fair she kept harping on the well-being of the children...but I'm not sure what that was all about psychologically speaking.
    Yeah I hear you. I think her and Hank were kind of following the same path together. Perhaps she felt emotionally invested since she was Skyler's shoulder to cry on and she helped Hank through rehab. Marie's a bit of a hot head though so I wasn't too surprised about it.

When she found out Hank was dead it seemed to me that she felt guilty and wishing she would have done things differently.

Quote Originally Posted by dderek123 View Post
    I wonder if that was a moment of sincere emotional affection Walt was showing towards Hank when he begged Jack to spare him. Or did Walt know there was no way Jack was letting Hank leave that desert alive?

Not only did Walt plead for Hank's life, he gave up the info that his money was buried there. I think it was genuine feeling for family. I think his feelings for Jesse were genuine as well, until Jesse's betrayal.

mmmmm beefy Platinum Poster rockabilly's Avatar

Walt imo never wanted Hank to die , I think Walt will have revenge on Jack , Todd and Lydia before going out in a gunfight or suicide.

Great series though , the best shows know when to take a bow. Just like BSG imo