Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 LastLast
    nikki666 Rookie Poster

Default Re: Breaking Bad coming back on 8/11!

It seems a lot of people who follow this show ( not just who post here ) have Jesse's character in high admiration. Yes he has a human side , he likes children , he shows emotion , so I understand why people would relate to him. However, IMO , he has a very weak will, ie, he is an addict, then sober, then an addict again , he is money hungry, then pretty much denounces his riches. he is loyal , then turns , Mike treated him like crap, but he bonded with Mike, while Walt treated him like a son and he turned more than once on Walt.
    It wouldn't break my heart if Jesse did not survive , but I don't think that will happen.
    And I agree one of the best shows on TV in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by flabbybody View Post
    I wonder if that was a moment of sincere emotional affection Walt was showing towards Hank when he begged Jack to spare him. Or did Walt know there was no way Jack was letting Hank leave that desert alive?
    That was absolutely sincere...at that moment he was willing to give up everything he clawed for himself to attain. It's like he said -" Hank's family" and I think he loved him. I think he cares for Jesse too...but Hank was family and I think at that moment he blamed Jesse for what happened.
    In reality, I can't see good things happening for Jesse...he does have somewhat of a noble side, but his weaknesses always get the better of him.
    Hank went out well though...tough til the bitter end.

That was excellent acting by Cranston...having to make that phone call to Skyler to try and clear his family (he knew the Feds were there)...to make it sound like he hates them all the while it was breaking his heart and he had to fight back his emotions as well as he could.
    Excellent show.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Well Jesse IS the most sympathetic character in the series. But he's not the purest (that would be Walt’s real son), nor the noblest, nor the strongest (though I wouldn’t characterize his addiction as a weakness of will as much as a physiological weakness). He does seem to be plagued by a sense of morality that doesn’t inhibit any of the other characters, though it didn’t prevent him from committing murder. If I knew Jesse I certainly wouldn’t want to be involved with him in any way. I’d steer clear. Still, one gets the impression that had the circumstances of his life been different, Jesse would be a stand up guy. Then again, if Walt hadn’t developed cancer, he’d be a stand up teacher and a devoted family man.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

LOVER OF BIG ASS Platinum Poster youngblood61's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dderek123 View Post
    She has sex with him? Well, yeah that would be a huge surprise.
    No, kills him lol.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Spoiler Alert: The show ends with Walt slipping away to another State and taking on a new identity (Hal Kaczmarek). He gets married (to Lois) and has four children (Francis, Reese, Malcolm and Dewey). Francis is a whole lot older and no longer living at home, hence Malcolm's in the Middle. They all sorta live happily ever after.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Uncle Jack hooks up with skyler and helps raise the baby

Quote Originally Posted by LilyRox View Post
    Well its been nice knowing you Hank.
    You were right Lily.

She RoXXX! Professional Poster LilyRox's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by youngblood61 View Post
    You were right Lily.
    Yup lol. It's still so hard to believe they killed off Hank like that though. He got so far and bam they just killed him. I mean Gus got killed by an exploding wheel chair how epic is that.

Quote Originally Posted by LilyRox View Post
    Yup lol. It's still so hard to believe they killed off Hank like that though. He got so far and bam they just killed him. I mean Gus got killed by an exploding wheel chair how epic is that.
    It was just so matter of fact. Hank is one the great bad ass characters ever!

from reddit